• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Syphon Filter said:
How is day of defeat? if i like cs will i like dod?
If CS is your only enjoyable point of reference for shooters, then you'll like DOD. A lot of Source shooters start to feel real similar at some point so it's not a big leap from one to the other.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh man, why couldn't I have woken up an hour earlier. I don't care for BF3 or MW3, but AC:R would have been great.

Chronoja

Forgive me if I missed something but have the last few pages of this thread been about people rampantly stealing games due to a glitch in IGN's website?

Flunkie

Banned
If anyone got an extra BF3 code, would you kindly send me a PM? My friend had to walk out his girlfriend just as the deal hit and came back right when the BF3 link stopped working, lol.

luiztfc

Chronoja said:
Forgive me if I missed something but have the last few pages of this thread been about people rampantly stealing games due to a glitch in IGN's website?

The only you missed was the timing to enjoy this, brotha.

I got everything registered to my Impulse account, but when I go to the "My Games" tab, AC:R and BF3 don't show up, despite having registered them. HELP?!

DyslexicAlucard said:
I got everything registered to my Impulse account, but when I go to the "My Games" tab, AC:R and BF3 don't show up, despite having registered them. HELP?!
Log out and log back in. BF3 will show up after logging back in. AC:R will show up once the game is released.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Chronoja said:

Someone didn't get get to take advantage of the glitch in time :p.

amrod

DyslexicAlucard said:

I reg'd both and only bf3 shows for me...

BioHazard

If you change the numbers on the end if the URL you can find other things, MW3 is 111, but keys are unavailable, same with BF3.

Smash88

Banned
JADS said:
I got a spare code for Assassins if you are interested. Just shoot me a PM.

You are the best, thank you so much. You rock Neogaf. :D

EDIT: You know what I'm scared of Impulse cancelling the ACR keys and taking the game away from your account.

Yeah I can't find any My Games section in Impulse. The only tabs are Explore, ImpulseTV and Community.

Not that I really expected it to work anyway.

jediyoshi

ClosingADoor said:
Wow, Impulse is... strange? Is there a My Games tab somewhere on there?
Yeah, Impulse is like them taking explorer, putting a bunch of useless settings on it and throwing a list of your games there. There's a fat tab at the end that says My Games.

vazel

Banned
faceless007 said:
Yeah I can't find any My Games section in Impulse. The only tabs are Explore, ImpulseTV and Community.

I had to restart the app a few times to get the My Games tab to show up. But AC:R won't show up in that tab since it's a pre-order. You can view the order receipt in the My Account section.

Fox318

Man I really would have loved a BF3 key :(.

If anyone wants to trade a game I have puzzle agent?
KuGsj.gif

faceless007 said:

Same.

Anyone have a spare BF3 Key? I'll be your GAF bitch for life :)

Seriously, I even go to my Impulse history and neither BF3 nor AC: R show up, despite being explicitly told that they were added to my Impulse account. Did they kill it already? I wanted to at least get a BF3 key for Origin :(

Ionic

DyslexicAlucard said:
Seriously, I even go to my Impulse history and neither BF3 nor AC: R show up, despite being explicitly told that they were added to my Impulse account. Did they kill it already? I wanted to at least get a BF3 key for Origin :(

Try closing and opening Impulse again. Also, I hear AC isn't supposed to show up until the game comes out.

Chronoja

Lol at people thinking I "missed out on the glitch"

As far as I'm concerned it's outright theft, worse than piracy where you can assume that pirates have the potential to pay for their own copy eventually.

I'd rather pay for my games, even if that means heavily discounted. Not outright steal them through someone elses mistake.

*but*, it's not my place to judge lol, I suppose congratulations to all you opportunistic folk :)

Chronoja said:
Lol at people thinking I "missed out on the glitch"

As far as I'm concerned it's outright theft, worse than piracy where you can assume that pirates have the potential to pay for their own copy eventually.

I'd rather pay for my games, even if that means heavily discounted. Not outright steal them through someone elses mistake.

*but*, it's not my place to judge lol, I suppose congratulations to all you opportunistic folk :)
I already bought the PS3 version of MW3 and BF3 :p.

faceless007 said:
I don't see that either. :/
Shit is amazingly strange.

Go to View Cart -> Login -> Login here with your account info (yes, you already did when starting the application, but whatever) -> My Account -> View Past Orders.

Oh I won't be surprised or disappointed at all (well, maybe a little) when the key is inevitably revoked.

In fact even if the Impulse version worked I'd probably still double-dip during a Steam sale. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom