• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

I have 53 Steam games, and 67 commercial (i.e. not free) games altogether. Most of the difference is a bunch of indie games that aren't on Steam.

Also, I don't have Skyrim or Oblivion either. I'm waiting for a good deal on Skyrim first - I don't exactly have time to play it at the moment.

inky

Wichu said:
Also, I don't have Skyrim or Oblivion either. I'm waiting for a good deal on Skyrim first - I don't exactly have time to play it at the moment.

I haven't bought for this very reason (both reasons actually) but that hasn't stopped me from having the GMG store link open on my browser for 3 days now. Must... finish... work...

Tomodachi

Snuggler said:
It does seem pretty popular.

Xr9vf.png

runner up is TF2 at 115 hours played.

This is in under 100 hours real time, not bad.
MIND = BLOWN

Man Gabe is awesome. I asked him if I could get his autograph for my little 12 year old brother who loves Valve so I could give it to him for Christmas.

And 12 hours later a package of signed swag is on its way. Man, that's awesome, Valve is amazing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
balladofwindfishes said:
Man Gabe is awesome. I asked him if I could get his autograph for my little 12 year old brother who loves Valve so I could give it to him for Christmas.

And 12 hours later a package of signed swag is on its way. Man, that's awesome, Valve is amazing.

Poor Gabe is about to get inundated with emails from people wanting to get their "little brother" swag for Christmas.

Blizzard

Banned
plc268 said:
Yay, another Humble Bundle. And this time I have every game in it.
I believe I also own every one of those games. I have even poked at them a few times! Darwinia is interesting, but I probably got stuck when some guys seemed to glitch out and refuse to operate a power generator, so I quit.

balladofwindfishes said:

Yeah. Gabe is really awesome. Also got his autograph by just asking him a couple of months ago.
Here it is:

x71xF.jpg

Thats the reason, why I love Valve.

Btw. anyone knows where to get the voxatron-bundle? I tried to get it trough steamgifts, but somehow I am really unlucky when it comes to this. When it came out, I tried paypal, but somehow it also didnt work from China.
At least not for the humblebundle. The indieroyale bundle worked just fine.

plc268

LastWindow said:
Haha, that's how I've been with the past few ones. This time I'll actually get a few games I don't have.

defcon and uplink are definitely the stars of that introversion bundle. I never really liked darwinia/multiwinia much.

plc268 said:
defcon and uplink are definitely the stars of that introversion bundle. I never really liked darwinia/multiwinia much.

Uplink is the one I have and I've had my eye on Defcon and Darwinia for awhile. I always thought Multiwinia was just a multiplayer game but now that I look at its Steam page I guess it has a single player mode.

Thanks bs000 for gifting me the Voxatron Bundle!!!
If u need anything, please let me know. I still have a spare copy of Sanctum.

Gaffers are the nicest people on the web!!!

Thanks!!!~~~

PaulLFC

shintoki said:
Don't know if that is worrying or not.
To me it seems like a good thing - it still needs to be activated through Steamworks, if anything it seems like a bit of a surprise given the recent relationship between EA and Valve.

Unless they start convincing previously Steamworks publishers like THQ to go Origin only, then it's worrying...

Wichu

Great, I bought the Introversion Complete Pack a few weeks ago, and I already have Crayon Physics Deluxe. Might have to pass on this one...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
PaulLFC said:
To me it seems like a good thing - it still needs to be activated through Steamworks, if anything it seems like a bit of a surprise given the recent relationship between EA and Valve.

Unless they start convincing previously Steamworks publishers like THQ to go Origin only, then it's worrying...
Maybe not Origin only, but to throw their own weight around similar to what they do on consoles. Basically the year or two down a road, they may decide to not to put up Steamwork titles. Forcing publishers to choose.

crimsonheadGCN said:
It seems like Origin is carrying Steamworks titles now. Saint's Row The Third was added.

I believe it's a non-Steam version...

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/warners-thq-and-capcom-sign-origin

In a press release, EA reveals that Warner Bros, THQ and Capcom are now on board and that a selection of their games will be available from next month. Warners' Batman: Arkham City and THQ's upcoming Saints Row: The Third are the only games specified, though more are promised in the coming months.

Nabs

SSFIV:AE and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

edit: testing something - edit 2: where'd my ninja edits go? :(

PaulLFC said:
Nothing in that statement confirms whether they will or won't be carrying Steamworks titles.

Exactly. That was my point.

PaulLFC said:
Although since SR3 is Steamworks, and every other download site offering it is selling the Steamworks verison, not to mention all retail copies being Steamworks, I can't see THQ making a separate version just for Origin.

Something like that has been done before. http://www.thatgamingsite.com/id360-Dark-Void-Coming-to-GFWL.html

Airtight Game's Dark Void is getting an exclusive GFWL re-release on the GFWL Marketplace on April 21st, 2010. The release will take advantage of all GFWL features including achievements.

The GFWL release will only be available on the GFWL Marketplace for a currently undisclosed price-point, it is presently unknown whether GFW owners can upgrade their copies.

Dark Void was strictly a single player game, wasn't it? The multiplayer component of SR3rd is being handled by Steamworks plus there is no sign of Origin only version of the DLC and THQ is relying heavily on the DLC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
angular graphics said:
Exactly. That was my point.
So the Saint's Row 3 people on Origin will only be able to co-op with each other? And the SS4AE will only be able to fight against other Origin gamers?

I highly doubt it. Dark Void was simple because there is no online component. With these games they are asking for a ton of refunds if they pull that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom