• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavelo

Dice said:
About that... does anyone know if Jamestown is a Steam game?

Just bought the game from them. Was able to activate the key on Steam. IT'S A CELEBRATION, BITCHES

This week's load:
Jamestown (Gamesgate/Steam Key)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Deluxe GOTY (Steam Midweek Sale)
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (Green Man Gaming/Steam Key)

Scythian said:
IGN Prime has proven to be quite generous :p
Got King Arthur for free with my Prime account. Still wondering if I should install it, backlog's enormous.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm enjoying Orcs Must Die! thus far, not so sure about this one but it kind of interests me since the last Paradox sale.

I've almost considered suscribing for a year, if they're going to keep giving away games like that. Almost. Do they always have so many promotions? Thank goodness for free trials!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
My IGN Prime's $15/year, so yeah, clearly worth it at that rate, for the direct2drive discount alone.

$50, lot more iffy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Chavelo said:
Just bought the game from them. Was able to activate the key on Steam. IT'S A CELEBRATION, BITCHES

This week's load:
Jamestown (Gamesgate/Steam Key)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Deluxe GOTY (Steam Midweek Sale)
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (Green Man Gaming/Steam Key)

Jamestown + DLC would push my Steam Community game count to 500. Shmups are not my cup of tea, though...

dani_dc

Scythian said:
IGN Prime has proven to be quite generous :p
Got King Arthur for free with my Prime account. Still wondering if I should install it, backlog's enormous.
Many thanks, I missed "Orcs Must Die!" a few weeks ago but I managed to get this one. Glad I didn't cancel it right away (still got a few days).

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
EviLore said:
My IGN Prime's $15/year, so yeah, clearly worth it at that rate, for the direct2drive discount alone.

$50, lot more iffy.
There's always one, spoiling my fun, it would be you, heh.

Anyway, JC2 is well worth the money, so is Magicka if you can find a few friends to play with.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
EviLore said:

$50, lot more iffy.
How the hell do you get those rates?

If the stream of games, beta keys, random shit keeps up, I might sign up for one of those deals. That Direct2Drive discount is golden.

JaseC

Nabs said:
Ahaha, I'm sorry. I knew it would be really easy to push you over the edge. Congrats on joining the 500 club.

This rolls off the tongue nicely.

(Jamestown is awesome. Make sure you unlock the super pro Bomber ship.)

First thing's first - I have to get around to playing it. :p

JaseC

Chesskid1 said:
man, whatever dev ported just cause 2 to PC did it well. it runs phenomenally well on PC.

It's the very antithesis of GTAIV in that regard. (The PC version was done in-house by Avalanche, by the way.)

Scythian

Weenerz said:
Do they charge monthly for Prime or is it one chunk for the entire year?

You choose your payment option, I believe it's auto-renewing monthly by default and optional 1 or 2 year subscription.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Nabs said:
spotlight_image_english.png

$25 for the pack.
Honestly, its not really that good of a deal since all but two have been apart of Humble Indie bundles.

Chesskid1

Banned
they are still rolling out prices for super meat boy pack. i bet all the games are discounted when you buy them individually. prices are changing as i refresh. none of them super cheap though, like $5/game.

graywolf323

EviLore said:

$50, lot more iffy.

too bad I let my Insider subscription lapse, would love to have that rate locked up with Prime which is much better than Insider ever was

dani_dc

50% off Super Meat Boy is kind of a meh deal considering it's supposed to be an anniversary sale and it's been quite lower before (just a few weeks after release).

The bundle is a good selection for a good price if you don't have any of those games, though I doubt there are many people in that position, especially ones that are in that position and care about the games in the bundle.

Tomodachi said:
The only one I don't have on Steam is Aquaria. Anyone knows if it's worth 5€?
Apparently it's going to be an extra in a Humble bundle soon. So you might want to wait for that.

Giran

Tomodachi said:
The only one I don't have on Steam is Aquaria. Anyone knows if it's worth 5€?

It definitely is. Fantastic game. Think underwater metroidvania. Great visuals and music too.

I picked it up when it was $20 and I got my money's worth.

zerokoolpsx said:
Some of these deals are good or should I just wait for the Christmas sale? Will Oblivion get any cheaper? lol
There's no way in oblivion Oblivion gets any cheaper, buy it if you like Skyrim and want to spend several hours modding it before playing it.

Narag

QuantumBro said:
There's no way in oblivion Oblivion gets any cheaper, buy it if you like Skyrim and want to spend several hours modding it before playing it.

Last couple times Oblivion has been on sale, I think it was a 50% discount. Now is the time to buy.

QuantumBro said:
Narag said:
Last couple times Oblivion has been on sale, I think it was a 50% discount. Now is the time to buy.
Caved and bought it. It was just too good to pass up.

Tomodachi

I'll wait for the next humble bundle to get Aquaria then, thanks everyone for the heads up.

Also, I finally got Oblivion working with sound, turns out it was my soundcard drivers crashing it (asus xonar dg, just so you know if you have the same soundcard), I had to disable the GX option and now it runs perfectly.
For some reason it's much better looking than I remember it, especially indoors (and I'm talking about vanilla).

Tomodachi said:
I'll wait for the next humble bundle to get Aquaria then, thanks everyone for the heads up.

Also, I finally got Oblivion working with sound, turns out it was my soundcard drivers crashing it (asus xonar dg, just so you know if you have the same soundcard), I had to disable the GX option and now it runs perfectly.
For some reason it's much better looking than I remember it, especially indoors (and I'm talking about vanilla).
You haven't modded it yet? Get to it!!

Tomodachi

zerokoolpsx said:
You haven't modded it yet? Get to it!!
I played it years ago (with mods), it's just that I didn't have on Steam and got it yesterday. I just wanted to see how vanilla oblivion hold up with skyrim out ;)

dani_dc

Tomodachi said:
I had the same issue with Fallout 3, I remember googling about the issue and seeing tons of issues related to the GX option, so I disabled it and just left it like that afterwards.

PaulLFC

It's idiotic question time - I'm considering possibly getting an external HDD to store my Steam games on (leaning towards the Seagate Expansion 3TB at the moment as it's on offer for £120) - will I notice any performance hit or adverse effects running the games off an external drive rather than internal?

Nabs said:

$25 for the pack. 50% off each individual title.

There's only 4 games I don't have in there : Aquaria, Bit Trip Runner, World of Goo and Super Meat Boy.

- Aquaria will be in the next Humble Bundle
- I really didn't like Bit Trip Beat that much to buy Runner
- I played a lot of World of Goo already at friend's...

Might bite for Super Meat Boy... Might not...

The Broken Ska Record said:
Bit Trip Runner is completely unlike Bit Trip Beat. I prefer Runner to Beat by a country mile.

Hum... good to know.

Also, you don't recieve additional copies of the game you already own if you buy this pack !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom