• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magicka was updated a couple of days ago with neat details that should have been available from the start, like being able to save in checkpoints during single player mode and the possibility to revisit chapters you've already beaten, among many bug fixes and maybe some nerfes.

It's not like I used to do those things thanks to the unofficial Magicka Savegame Editor :lol

By the way, unlike other Magicka sales, DLCs are not discounted. I hope that is not the case during the first sale after the new one is released :( I loved the game, was my indie GOTY before I played The Binding of Isaac and I've just played a couple of times online, but it's filled with bugs and the netcode is particularly shitty.

EDIT:

Wendel Clark said:
is it worth getting the DLC for Magicka?

Nope. Just wait for another sale when they are discounted and buy Vietnam. It's the only one worth it, besides the next one (which will add a new Campaign, new Achievements, new Magicks, and more stuff).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I put close to 50 hours into Just Cause 2 prior to my previous Steam drive kicking the bucket. I was enjoying it immensely. Everybody who hasn't bought it, should. The world lacks the meticulous attention to detail of its R* contemporaries, but the sheer fun that can be had more than makes up for it.

In other news, as of Skyrim, I've now re-downloaded roughly a third of my Steam library. Progress!

schteam88ufo.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
just cause 2 never appealed to me. never really liked the look of the game and grapple hook concept doesn't really appeal to me either.

plus i like cities in sandbox games. are they any big cities to explore? looks mainly jungle.

anyways, can't really deny a game for $5 with such glowing fans!

MNC

Sonic Generations, From Dust, completed.

I love backlogging! On to Deus Ex. I think I already said that once.

Also why have so many games installed when you know you're not gonna play all of those within let's say a week time.

nexen

Chesskid1 said:
just cause 2 never appealed to me. never really liked the look of the game and grapple hook concept doesn't really appeal to me either.

plus i like cities in sandbox games. are they any big cities to explore? looks mainly jungle.

There are some cities. They are kind of bland but they exist.

+1 recommendation for JC2. Awesome game.

JaseC

Rufus said:
Do you really need everything installed? Or is that all backlog stuff?

Much of my library is composed of backlogged games, but Steam resides on its own 2TB drive and I have no monthly download limit tied to my internet connection (granted, I'm limited to 8Mbit/384Kbit), so downloading everything is more of a process of "because I can" than necessity.

MRORANGE

A bit weird to have a free weekend for magicka, if anyone is too cheap to buy magicka, you can complete the single player with friends in a day :p

Vamphuntr

For people that wanted the SWTOR Beta but couldn't get a code from the IGN Prime thing we discussed in this thread before, check your Bioware Social Network Inbox. I just got a key in my message box from Bioware. No idea if's random or they are sending keys to everyone.

Chesskid1

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
For people that wanted the SWTOR Beta but couldn't get a code from the IGN Prime thing we discussed in this thread before, check your Bioware Social Network Inbox. I just got a key in my message box from Bioware. No idea if's random or they are sending keys to everyone.

sorry to 1up you, but keys are like everywhere now, heh.

http://massively.enjin.com/torgiveaway

def a stress test.

JaseC

Dice said:
About that... does anyone know if Jamestown is a Steam game?

Its page mentions a 3rd party account as the DRM, which appears to be the label for Steamworks games.

SLV

I got a key through Curse, as i understand, now that i have registered it with my SWTOR account that i made ages ago, i have to wait for another e-mail for when it starts ? Is that correct ?

Giran

Dice said:
About that... does anyone know if Jamestown is a Steam game?

Apparently it uses Steamworks but you can't actually activate it on Steam - according to Steam anyway. Users say it activates fine though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Scythian said:
IGN Prime has proven to be quite generous :p
Got King Arthur for free with my Prime account. Still wondering if I should install it, backlog's enormous.
Ah, nice. Thanks for the heads up.

My $20 per year IGN prime membership continues to pay for itself, hehe.

Scythian

RoaringHawk said:
It says King Arthur promo when I redeemed the code. Is that normal?

Yep, same here. It said something similar for redeeming Orcs must die!, and it's still hanging out in my account.

Chesskid1 said:

There are some big cities and also smaller towns. Game is well worth it. Maybe you just need to actually play with the grappling hook because this game makes me wish I had the JC2 grappling hook in every game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
graywolf323 said:
isn't it $50 a year?
Yes. I got a sub of Fileplanet on a special offer a couple of years ago for $20 and it has stuck at that rate ever since.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Chesskid1 said:
not sure if this is already announced, but anno 2070 added to steam registry.
Which unfortunately still has TAGES 3-machine DRM according to the store page.:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom