• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
lara croft and the guardian of light is so awesome, such a great value for $3.xx. did a 3.5 hour session and it was tons of fun. awesome co-op shooter with platforming and puzzles.

Sye d'Burns

I wasn't sure where to put this but since the steam thread is the proxy digital download deal thread it seemed safe enough to put it here. Apologies if word is out but I haven't seen it mentioned.

The Mac appstore has both Deathspank and Deathspank - The Baconing for $1.99 each.

DeathSpank
Mac OS
SUPER SALE!

★★★ 85% OFF SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME!! ★★★

A Top 10 Mac game in 16 countries! Because we love Mac gamers we have decided to discount DeathSpank by 85% today. Get it now before it's too late!

BREAKING NEWS
Citizens, we would like to announce that DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue is coming to Mac this week. Get DeathSpank and DeathSpank: The Baconing now at a discounted price and get ready for the next adventure!

frozzted

Syphon Filter said:
Is it possible to send messages to people? I don't see any option...

The only way I know how is if they're on your friends list, and they're online. No offline / PM option, AFAIK.

Syphon Filter said:
I mean on steam.
You want to send a message to a stranger or someone on your friend list? I don't know how to pull up a list of people you've met in-game, but you can just check out their Steam Profile and there's an option to send people messages.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think you'll find that, with the games being on the Mac App Store, they won't come with a key that you can input into Steam.

Sye d'Burns

JaseC said:
I think you'll find that, with the games being on the Mac App Store, they won't come with a key that you can input into Steam.

Exactly. None of the applications sold through the Mac App Store have serial numbers. The application is tied to your App Store account and will run without the need for a serial number. Unfortunately, that means no Steam. I hadn't even thought of looking that up until you asked. PC version would've been nice.

Sye d'Burns

morningbus said:
It's not as well read as the Steam thread, but we do have a Digital Deals thread, here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373062

It honestly has less of a chance of being seen there, but it avoids any confusion that could spring up with a person thinking something is registrable on Steam.

Geesh, I forgot completely about that thread at the time I made the post, thank you. That would probably have been the best choice for placement unless there's some mac appstore thread that google didn't bring up. I was bouncing between this and the iOS thread.

edit: Wow, 10 posts back would take you all the way to September in the Digital Deals thread. If only there were some way to revitalize it. but with gmg, gog, origin, steam, et al. all broken into separate threads, I'm not sure how it could happen.

FuKuy

Sarcasm

Why is it when I bought the Deluxe GOTY of Oblivon, in DLC says GOTY only and when I go to store page than buy reg the buy for myself is grayed out..yet do it with deluxe and I can buy another one....

Lumine

Sarcasm said:
Why is it when I bought the Deluxe GOTY of Oblivon, in DLC says GOTY only and when I go to store page than buy reg the buy for myself is grayed out..yet do it with deluxe and I can buy another one....
I think it's a bug, a few other people reported the same thing in this very thread.

I'm on the fence with Oblivion. I put around 30-40 hours or so into it back when it released, but I kind of had enough of it by then. Though some of the issues I had with the game can probably be modded by now, like the level scaling thing (I've only played vanilla.) There's a chance that if I pick it up now I might actually revisit the game, modded this time around, and find myself heavily invested in it. There's probably a bigger chance it'll just end up sitting in my backlog because it's such a huge timesink, I've pretty much already explored the world before and I might rather play Skyrim instead (whenever I pick that up.) Hmm what to do...

I know, I know, first world problems and all that. :p

Nuclear Dawn will have a free weekend and the regular price will change to $19.99:

SITTARD, THE NETHERLANDS– November 16, 2011– InterWave Studios announces that their first game Nuclear Dawn will be free to play on Steam beginning Thursday, December 1, 2011 through Monday, December 5, 2011 for PC and MAC. During the free Steam weekend, fans wanting to purchase the full Nuclear Dawn game can do so at a 40% discount.

In preparation for the Nuclear Dawn free weekend on Steam, the regular everyday price will drop to $19.99. In addition to the free Steam weekend and new lower price, InterWave Studios announces a call to action to fans asking the community for outstanding and unique modifications (mods). InterWave recently released the Nuclear Dawn Software Development Kit (SDK) for the community to be able to create custom maps and other items. InterWave continues upgrading Nuclear Dawn as well as working on an unannounced title and is currently on the lookout for new talent.

Nuclear Dawn is the best of both multiplayer worlds, featuring full FPS and RTS experiences within a single gameplay model without crippling or diluting the experience. Nuclear Dawn is a 32-player squad based assault game with two factions made up of four classes each, various load outs, more than three dozen weapons and several large scale maps to explore, exploit and explode. Modders can use Nuclear Dawn Software Development Kit to create custom maps and more. Achievement hunters can 60 ranks to blast their way through, 12 unlocks for each weapon, additional achievements, gizmos and several other surprises. Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

Steam Powered – Nuclear Dawn is available for both Mac and PC through Steamplay with Steam Cloud support. Please go to: http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710.

http://www.nucleardawnthegame.com/blog/post/192/nuclear-dawn-free-weekend-steam

confused

Banned
Alien Zombie Megadeath deserves a purchase from everybody who loves old-school gameplay and graphic fidelity. Reminds me of old Arcade games.

Sarcasm

Lumine said:
I think it's a bug, a few other people reported the same thing in this very thread.

I'm on the fence with Oblivion. I put around 30-40 hours or so into it back when it released, but I kind of had enough of it by then. Though some of the issues I had with the game can probably be modded by now, like the level scaling thing (I've only played vanilla.) There's a chance that if I pick it up now I might actually revisit the game, modded this time around, and find myself heavily invested in it. There's probably a bigger chance it'll just end up sitting in my backlog because it's such a huge timesink, I've pretty much already explored the world before and I might rather play Skyrim instead (whenever I pick that up.) Hmm what to do...

I know, I know, first world problems and all that. :p

How big is your backlog? I am buying it to play after Skyrim.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
confused said:
Alien Zombie Megadeath deserves a purchase from everybody who loves old-school gameplay and graphic fidelity. Reminds me of old Arcade games.
Crap, I meant to buy this yesterday but forgot.

I'll have to check if I can buy it over the Steam site on my phone.. or just wait until tonight and pay the extra $2.50, no biggie.

Lumine

Sarcasm said:
How big is your backlog? I am buying it to play after Skyrim.

It's well... immense. As in, I have games sitting in my steam library I bought more than 2 years ago that haven't been launched a single time yet. :p

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
JaseC said:
It'll eat the CD key, too - you won't be able to use it again. Unless, that's changed, but it did happen to a fellow SteamGAFer earlier in the year.
I guess they've changed it then, because I did it just the other day. I already owned Fate of the World, but since the copy from the Indie Royale Bundle came with all the DLC (none of which I own) I tried to redeem it and got the "you already own this game" message. Sent the key to a friend of mine after that and it worked perfectly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Gamersgate has Jamestown on sale. It says 3rd party thing is required. Does that mean Steam?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well, I'm trying to make up for my Sideway New York snafu yesterday. The developers of the game are currently doing an AMA on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/melan/we_are_the_creators_of_sideway_a_game_for_ps3pc/

I asked if they had any plans to unlock the framerate on the PC version.

Their response:
We're in at 30fps now because it was nice and stable, but we do have an internal version that does "go to 11".

We'll see how stable it gets and maybe (juuuuust maybe) it will make its way to the store as a patch. Gonna take some effort, though.

So, hopefully!

Edit: Also, I should add that the developers are really, really nice. They even gave me a free copy of the game on Steam, which makes me feel incredibly guilty for some reason.

Mimir

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity has been added to Steam. If Stardock releases some of their other games elsewhere, I might be able to remove Impulse from my PC.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
graywolf323 said:
wow Sins of the Solar Empire is on Steam now

never thought I'd see a Stardock game on Steam

Sins was an acceptable loss for me to get Gamestopulse off my computer, but now with it and Supcom 1 both on Steam, I am content.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Flunkie said:
So where's this "Skyrim for $16" deal I saw on Reddit?
Some Russian place. That's as much as you can ask though.

It's not available on the Russian steam site currently, so you can't ask a Russian gaffer to gift it you yet.

Weenerz said:
I'm at work, what is todays daily deal?

Diner Dash: Hometown Hero, 66% off or $3.40.

Lothars

EviLore said:
Sins was an acceptable loss for me to get Gamestopulse off my computer, but now with it and Supcom 1 both on Steam, I am content.
I feel the same way, there is literally no reason to have impulse now.

Exuro

Anyone know how to fix a game from starting first time set up every time I press play? I got a new computer and downloaded a game demo off steam and i can't get into it because it keeps doing this.

Chesskid1

Banned
was thinkin about pc games i wanted to get... and I thought of the game The Saboteur. nowhere to be found on steam, what a shame. hard to find any games i want that aren't on steam, and i guess i found one.

Lothars

stressboy said:
Wish I could say the same thing. I bought several games on Impulse... damn.
I have to but all the games I have on Impulse I plan to rebuy on Steam such as Sins and Galactic Civ, I still need to get the majesty games on Steam.

Nabs

morningbus said:
Well, I'm trying to make up for my Sideway New York snafu yesterday. The developers of the game are currently doing an AMA on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/melan/we_are_the_creators_of_sideway_a_game_for_ps3pc/

I asked if they had any plans to unlock the framerate on the PC version.

Their response:

So, hopefully!

Edit: Also, I should add that the developers are really, really nice. They even gave me a free copy of the game on Steam, which makes me feel incredibly guilty for some reason.

Good shit.

stressboy

Lothars said:
I have to but all the games I have on Impulse I plan to rebuy on Steam such as Sins and Galactic Civ, I still need to get the majesty games on Steam.

I bought about a dozen games.. would have to wait for a big steam sale if I do that.

td_rules

Neo Member
Chesskid1 said:
was thinkin about pc games i wanted to get... and I thought of the game The Saboteur. nowhere to be found on steam, what a shame. hard to find any games i want that aren't on steam, and i guess i found one.

Probably due to EA, I agree though Steam's library is huge. Any games they don't have (Baldur's Gate, old adventure games) are on GoG so it's no big loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom