• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Launch Event: Lupe Fiasco VS Daigo Umehara

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I know that was fixed but I think Daigo wanted to win that at the end and messed up lol.

Yeah I genuinely think Lupe caught him off guard in that last round.

It was obvious Daigo was going easy on him (not anti airing and constantly going for parries/not max punishes) but I don't think he actually expected that lmao.

mreddie

So everyone assumes its this?

fingerpoke-of-doom-o.gif

Quonny

Even you can beat the pros!

Street Fighter V in stores now. Pick it up on Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart, or anywhere videogames are sold!

Durden77

Oh my god. Diego was obviously playing with food, but he played with it too much and Lupe made some legit unpredictable desicions near the end considering the game is so new.

Fuck man. This match was awesome.

That was a ton of fun to watch. Lupe and Diago were both awesome sports about it. Good on MCZ (and MarkMan!) for organizing this...I can't wait for my copy of SFV to arrive tomorrow.

I truly believe Daigo was sandbaggin, but he intended to win the match, but Daigo thought it was first to 5, so he gave up that game.

I think the message is clear.

Now that pros don't have scrubby gimmicks like FADCs, invincible backdashes, and combos to propel them against the average player, the grounds have been evened out. No longer do we need to spend hours in training mode learning the game, but rather, we can use real skillful techniques like fireballs, DPs, and jumping in at will. Whoever can do these moves the best deserves to win.

:)

It's clear that Daigo held back, but I don't think it a staged win for Lupe. Then again I'm in the minority of people desperately trying to find different ways to say it's rigged~

Top Bottom