• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Launch Event: Lupe Fiasco VS Daigo Umehara

Every single person who plays Daigo in a tournament in SFV is going to have in the back of their head "This mofo lost to Lupe Fiasco." Daigo already playing mindgames with everyone.

pizzacat

Banned
Someone edit Lupe and Daigo on here.

BQm3TjeCUAAkSFd.jpg:orig
Hey that guy is coaching Lebron now

fader

Oh my god. Diego was obviously playing with food, but he played with it too much and Lupe made some legit unpredictable desicions near the end considering the game is so new.

Fuck man. This match was awesome.

true and he was unfamiliar with SFV

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it was Daigo just messing around with Lupe to get it to 2-2 and even till the final deciding round for extra drama. But that last round didn't go as planned.
F-ing hillarious!

Daigo setting up Lupe's comeback in the last round. Perfect psychology by Daigo good work rate and execution. The finish felt flat due to the crowd not knowing it was last round. 5 STARS

I enjoyed it, it was much better than had Daigo played seriously. I do think Daigo is still unfamiliar with SFV, but come on, we all know that was Daigo's doing. Trying to parry wake up DP and cross ups over and over, lol. I'm sure Lupe knows what's up, but he don't give a shit. He had a ton of fun and got to fulfill something he always wanted to do. I think overall it was a good event regardless of the circumstance.

I got to go to Folsom for Capcom Cup After Party this past PSX. I want to to go there again. Such a cool chill place and the FGC was so great. Nothing like that exists where I live.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wonder how much money they gave Daigo for this staged shit lol.

Was still pretty entertaining.

YOOOOO, this was hype as hell. Daigo was definitely holding back in his matches, but him looking confused at the end makes me think that he thought it was a FT5 instead of FT3 or something. But that popoff and emotion in Fiasco's face and his respect for Daigo made it (cool jacket!). Awesome event and can't wait for SFV to unlock in an hour!

Probably staged by Daigo, but who cares, it was awesome to watch, and Lupe did show some decent ability to play SF so it was cool regardless.

Even if Daigo was going easy on him, he did so in a way that didn't ruin Lupe's enjoyment, which is a skill in itself.

Top Bottom