• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

The health comes with a 10% speed decrease. Or a 10% defense decrease, but why the hell would you pick that one?

Oh, and +200hp assist gem takes up all your gem slots. All of them.
speed loss isn't that bad. and its 200hp thats always active. 300 damage reduction may not always activate every round since each one has a different activation condition and they have time limits. also more life = more recoverable life. damage reduction doesn't discriminate between recoverable and non-recoverable life damage. i'm not saying that its better, but i do think that both the health and the defense gems are both usuable depending on preference.

also remember that down the line, unless they change what they said, they are going to be giving us 5 gem slots total to work with. stacking 5 defense gems all with different activation conditions is gonna take quite a bit of effort to activate them all efficiently. a combination of the 3 slot health assist gem + 2 defense gems would probably be ideal.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Someone give me a rational reason why expert inputs isn't just an option.

I guess maybe it affects some characters more than others and you might want to avoid equipping them on certain characters for that reason. Xiaoyu can do all her special moves available in her normal stance in her other stances if you jump cancel them for example, and it doesn't seem possible with the gem equipped. But it's still stupid that it costs a gem slot.

LakeEarth

The advance input gem is good for King, as he has a problem with his qcb+P elbow move coming out when you don't want it. Thing is on a fucking hair trigger for some reason, but the advanced input gem seems to fix the issue.

Because autoblock will activate when walking forward:
- buffering one move into another move is way way way weaker, cause they can walk into your first move and get the block (if you buffer into something punishable, you're screwed)

- standing jab pressure, which was already awesome in this game, is HUGELY improved as they can keep jabbing you and walking forward without worrying against random reversals like SRK. They can still tag you in between jabs, but you're safe when walking forward.

I am so afraid of running into a Zangief with this one, as holding forward is his gameplan.

Toski

I'm gonna turn this game up a notch for how to fix it.

Remove roll, change throws back to SF4 style, make Pandora X factor level 3 god like shit, extend the time by another minute, make it so you have to defeat both of the characters to win a round, increase jab mash push back, and ignore all DLC gem plans.

TvC 2 we in there.

Since we're doing this, I have solutions as well:

Add Air Blocking (Probably not feasible with a patch)
Timer increase
Increase walk speeds 10-20%
Increase health 30%
Decrease damage scaling a little bit
Decrease size on jumping medium kick
Minor frame data & hitbox changes
Assist gems can't be used above 500BP on ranked
Make each game consist of one round
Supers deal 150 damage minimum

laaame

Some comments I have

Since we're doing this, I have solutions as well:

Add Air Blocking (Probably not feasible with a patch) Why is this necessary? It's not like aerial combat is a big part of this game like marvel
Timer increase
Increase walk speeds 10-20% This could work or just shrink the stages like 3rd strike.
Increase health 30% I don't think it is necessary. Just killing a character off with the time now is a problem, giving them more life is making things worse
Decrease damage scaling a little bit
Decrease size on jumping medium kick Everyone's MK is different. Most are similar but that's what nerfing individual characters are for
Minor frame data & hitbox changes
Assist gems can't be used above 500BP on ranked
Make each game consist of one round
Supers deal 150 damage minimum
Can't say I agree with your last two points at all

I'm just lazy so I just used yours as a template since those are pretty common complaints (except for the major changes like rounds).
Personally I just want timer to stop in cinematics like pandora/super/crossart/throws, game sped up in what ever way possible, and ability to filter out assist gems(mainly because of today's updates) .

On a personal change: Make Paaaaaaaaaauul Phoenix, toughest fighter in the univese, the toughest fighter in this game. Or at least make his walk speed tolerable and give him a way out of fireballs.

Toski

Some comments I have

I'm just lazy so I just used yours as a template since those are pretty common complaints (except for the major changes like rounds).
Personally I just want timer to stop in cinematics like pandora/super/crossart/throws, game sped up in what ever way possible, and ability to filter out assist gems(mainly because of today's updates) .

On a personal change: Make Paaaaaaaaaauul Phoenix, toughest fighter in the univese, the toughest fighter in this game. Or at least make his walk speed tolerable and give him a way out of fireballs.

The air blocking is just a nod to the Alpha series, and something extra which further differentiates it from SF4. The timer increase/giving extra health/ has to deal with the making each game one round. Decreasing the scaling/making supers do 150 damage minimum could be either or. With the way the scaling system is though, there is no reason to use them after a long combo. Maybe 100 damage minimum would be better.

Air blocking would ruin the game. Reversals are already severely weakened, and the juggle system is the only thing keeping people from jumping in constantly like maniacs.

Toski

Air blocking would ruin the game. Reversals are already severely weakened, and the juggle system is the only thing keeping people from jumping in constantly like maniacs.

I thought the game was already ruined, and people jump like maniacs anyway. The air blocking was the least serious (and least likely) change they could make. I'm just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what might stick.

If they make any drastic changes to the fundamental ruleset in the game in order to restart it, its going to go through extensive testing, and the possibility of that is damn low.

Since your the top theory fighter on GAF, what would you do to make the game better if its possible?

Card Boy

Banned
Does this game even have something resembling Focus, Parry or Advancing guards? Any pros care to explain why such a system isn't in the game why its good that its not there?

SUPARSTARX

20% damage boost off Super Art is pretty nice.

Need more gems like this. I need on demand damage and defense, not random incalculable stuff.

Does this game even have something resembling Focus, Parry or Advancing guards? Any pros care to explain why such a system isn't in the game why its good that its not there?
There's stuff with armor but that's it.

If they put guard meter, some characters would be way too good and maul half the cast like Rolento and Rufus.

J10

Banned
I'm getting overwhelmed by Hugos a lot. Is he OP or does getting better at the game help? I suppose it doesn't help that Hugo players always have all power gems equipped.

laaame

This game also has alpha counters as a defensive mechanic. While they don't give you an offensive advantage like parries or focus attacks, they get the attacker off of you which is what you want in for opponents applying pressure.

sleepykyo

Do they have to be pros or can a joe interject?

Was advancing guard ever in a Capcom game? The Capcom advancing guard is really more of a defensive pushback, unlike Soul Calibur 2's actual advancing guard. Given how a lot of single strikes give the attacker advantage of block something, such as Kazuya's crouching mp giving +5 on block or Cammy's standing jab giving +3 on block), retreating guard would probably be more desirable.

I didn't realize focus attacks and parries were still desirable in a SF game. When SF4 first came out, focus attacks were a gimmick and parriesruined the zoning game in SF3. Not to mention any game that relies on parries tend to be play horribly online.

I guess in terms of new gimmicky stuff (new for Capcom anyway), they have chargeable special attacks which can be dash canceled. That has allowed Raven players score multiple crouching hard punches in a juggle. It allows Julia to do a crouching hard punch into qcb (p) dc~elbow rush, link into ender. It also allows Hugo and Zangief to go for an armored attack. Or Ryu can go sweep fireball cancel.

Toski

I'm not a pro, but why would focus or parry improve the game? If parry were in, then the game would be completely different. The focus system is tied to the ultra meter so if you include focus you almost have to include ultra. You could put focus without ultra and have it go to the cross gauge bar which would be interesting, but SFxT seems it was designed without focus in mind. Some characters have super armor moves as sleepykyo said, but the reason I'm playing this game instead of AE 2012 is because of the of lack focus attacks. Advancing guard as it is in Marvel 3 would be too powerful and its really isn't necessary except for a few characters due to stand jab pressure.

Now they could include both parry and focus at the same time for a complete clusterfuck of mechanics.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Desk did that hugo super birthday trick in one of his combo/glitch videos. shit's hella old. hella.

So i use the new auto block and someone on xbl tries to call me out for it. I take them off still win and get called "desperate". So he mashed dp through my strings and threw out random normals and specials and I'm the scrub? Yup.......

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Desk did that hugo super birthday trick in one of his combo/glitch videos. shit's hella old. hella.
I'm glad he brought his own encounter of it to our attention, because it is indeed awesome. Ryu just chillin', waitin' for Hugo the chiropractor...

If that happened to me online, I would just laugh. Not as much as I would if I pulled it off, but still. Honestly, this game is so dumb...

i_ain__t_even_mad_by_terribleprincess-d34w0sy.jpg

Mzo

I used to get so mad when I would lose to someone quantifiably worse than me in SF3 or 4, but I find that I just play this game for fun and don't care at all whether I win or lose.

Feels good, man.

hertog

Even with those crazy gems, this game remains my favorite fighter.

Because I can play it with a friend together online. And that's just so much fun, that I can forgive this game all it's flaws

sleepykyo

I thought the new autoblock gem controversy would've had this thread pickup. SRK's SFxT board was on fire that day.

I got hit with the Kazuya loop twice in 3 games and ran up against autoblock gem users in 70% of my games today. I like the game a lot so far.

Chain combos for easy damage, but the trade off is crap damage and recovery.
The comeback mechanics are garbage.
Wake up roll to mitigate auto-pilot wake up offense.
Return of alpha counters.
First tag game since TTT that works like a tag game instead of an elimination game.

But I can see how those get overshadowed by the other stuff. Losing to a 13k bp RyuChun after seeing a multiple save flashes, is really demoralizing. It's like auto-pilot offense got traded for auto-pilot defense.

sleepykyo

Ahhhh balance patch!!! http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2012/04/27_6917.html

*Originally found on SRK

Google translator is unreliable but I saw mentions of Rufus' dive kick!

The google translator makes it seem like basically Rufus' dive kick has a hurt box on the feet so that isn't invincible against normal ground AAs anymore and the advantage on block for the dive kick is down to +4 from +6/+8. The srk thread seems to be interpreting it as -4 though. Seems more reasonable that'll end up as -4 slightly above the gut, neutral at gut and +4 below the knee.

USD

Oh yeah, I forgot to post my translation on GAF lol. The Capcom-Unity one is pretty basic, it leaves out a lot of specific detail. I'd feel dirty just posting links to my own articles on SRK though.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - May 1st

Character Colors
Additional Palette 3 – Free
Special Color Palette 2 – Free

XJrKh.jpg

Gem Packs
Street Fighter & Tekken: Assist Gem Pack 4 – 1.99 USD/160MSP
Street Fighter Characters only: SF Boost Gem Pack 3, 4 – .99 USD/80MSP
Tekken Characters only: TK Boost Gem Pack 3, 4 – .99 USD/80MSP

For gem details for each pack, check here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/dlc.html

One of the featured gems that will be released is Vitality Increase LV.1

SBsEe.jpg

Setting this Gem increases the vitality gauge. The vitality gauge becomes blue so it’s easy to recognize.
As for the amount of increase, Ryu’s normal vitality of 1000 would increase to 1200, for example.

BALANCE UPDATE - May (according to Capcom-Unity)

Kazuya
-The bug on the second hit of Rising Sun (QCB+K) that would force standing damage has been fixed, making the specific infinite combo impossible.

Kuro
-The movement inertia bug during a Switch Cancel has been fixed, can no longer continuously combo cr.MP.

Xiaoyu
-The juggle limit of the M, H versions of Hakkesho (QCB+P) has now been set to the same as L, can no longer continuously land the move.

Pac-Man
-The pushback on st.LP, st.LK has been changed, causing st.LP, st.LK to not connect after the 9th hit.

Jin
-The falling speed for Inner Axe ( st.LP → MP → LK) on mid-air hit is faster, fixing the bug where the opponent would spin in mid-air for an extended period of time.
-The first hit of the Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo (F+LK) not granting +2F on counter-hit has been fixed.

M.Bison
-The fifth hit of the Super Art (Night Press Nightmare, B Charge F+KKK) can now be normal guarded.

Ogre
-The damage property on cr.HP has been changed, cannot be followed-up.

Juri
-L, M Senpusha (QCB+K) have been adjusted to the following on guard:
L Standing guard -5F
M Standing guard -10F
M Crouching guard -10F​

-Shikusen (in air QCB+K) has been changed to sink on guard.

Rufus
-Falcon Kick (DF+MK) has an added collision box to the foot, making the move not cross over as easily; at its fastest, Falcon Kick is about -4F on guard.

Zangief
-The last hit (3rd hit) of Quick Double Lariat (KKK) will no longer hit against crouching opponents.

Quick Combo
-Command priority changed, can no longer override a Quick Combo. This prevents the character freeze caused by inputting the move while in mid-air.

Neutral jump input priority
-Can no longer override a neutral jump with a diagonal jump, improving the input feel for diagonal jumps.

Throw-Switch overlap
-A bug where after a successful switch, certain characters who initiated the switch could be thrown has been fixed.
No Ryu nerfs?

Dammit.
The purpose of the upcoming patch is more about fixing bugs and infinites and really overpowered moves as opposed to widespread changes.

USD

Details for the upcoming Gem Packs.

SF/TK Assist Gem Pack 4
Cancel Assist Lv.1 | Special Move cancels become easier to do | Speed decreases 5% during battle
Auto Throw Escape Lv.3 | Escapes from throws automatically | Cross Gauge decreases by 1/6 block when activated
Auto Block Lv.3 | Block attacks automatically | Cross Gauge decreases by 1/6 block when activated
Life Increase Lv.1 | Starting vitality will increase | Attack decreases 10% during battle

SF Boost Gem Pack 3
Immense Power Lv.1 | Damage output +10% | 20 sec.| Connect with 10 combos
Iron Wall Lvl.3 | Incurred damage reduction +30% | 10 sec. | Opponent uses Cross Assault
Immense Power Lv.3 | Damage output +30% | 10 sec. | Opponent uses Pandora
Immense Power Lv.2 | Damage output +20% | 10 sec. | Block 10 times
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Partner escapes 1 throw
Immense Power Lv.3 | Damage output +30% | 10 sec. | Connect with 2 Launchers
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Get hit by two EX Special Moves
Fortitude Lv.2 | Incurred damage cut +130 | 15 sec. | Get hit by 8 normal moves
Divine Speed Lv.2 | Movement speed +15% | 15 sec. | Connect with 10 normal moves
Onslaught Lv.3 | Cross Gauge acquisition rate +%60 | 10 sec. | Connect with 2 Launchers

SF Boost Gem Pack 4
Immense Power Lv.2 | Damage output +20% | 15 sec. | Connect with 3 EX Special moves
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Opponent uses 1 Super Art
Immense Power Lv.1 | Damage output +10% | 20 sec. | Connect with 2 EX Special Moves
Fortitude Lv.3 | Incurred damage cut +160 | 10 sec. | Get hit by 15 combos
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Get hit by 1 Cross Art
Immense Power Lv.2 | Damage output +20% | 15 sec. | Connect with 10 normal moves
Fortitude Lv.2 | Incurred damage cut +130 | 15 sec. | Get hit by 3 Special Moves
Iron Wall Lv.1 | Incurred damage reduction +10% | 20 sec. | Connect with 1 Launcher
Divine Speed Lv.2 | Movement speed +15% | 15 sec. | Block 10 times
Proficiency Lv.2 | Cross Gauge usage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Block 10 times

TK Boost Gem Pack 3
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Escape 2 throws
Divine Speed Lv.3 | Movement speed +20% | 10 sec. | Partner connects with 3 Launchers
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Get hit by 1 Cross Art
Fortitude Lv.3 | Incurred damage cut +160 | 10 sec. | Activate Cross Assault
Divine Speed Lv.2 | Movement speed +15% | 15 sec. | Partner escapes 1 throw
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Get hit by 8 normal moves
Fortitude Lv.2 | Incurred damage cut +130 | 15 sec. | Get hit by 10 combos
Fortitude Lv.2 | Incurred damage cut +130 | 15 sec. | Block 10 times
Divine Speed Lv.2 | Movement speed +15% | 15 sec. | Connect with 4 Special Moves
Onslaught Lv.2 | Cross Gauge acquisition rate +%40 | 15 sec. | Connect with 4 Special Moves

TK Boost Gem Pack 4
Iron Wall Lv.3 | Incurred damage reduction +30% | 10 sec. | Opponent uses Cross Assault
Divine Speed Lv.3 | Movement speed +20% | 10 sec. | Connect with 5 Special Moves
Iron Wall Lv.3 | Incurred damage reduction +30% | 10 sec. | Get hit by 3 EX Special Moves
Fortitude Lv.2 | Incurred damage cut +130 | 15 sec. | Escape 2 throws
Fortitude Lv.2 | Incurred damage cut +130 | 15 sec. | Get hit by 1 Super Art
Iron Wall Lv.2 | Incurred damage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Get hit by 2 EX Special Moves
Divine Speed Lv.1 | Movement speed +10% | 20 sec. | Escape 1 throw
Immense Power Lv.3 | Damage output +30% | 10 sec. | Connect with 2 Launchers
Proficiency Lv.2 | Cross Gauge usage reduction +20% | 15 sec. | Get hit by 8 normal moves

I like the changes but some things still need to be changed like jump ins randomly crossing up and ken air tatsu crossing up randomly. Also assist gems being way too powerful needs to change.

Papi

What are these new bullshit autoblocking gems? Zangief walking towards you = can't do shit.

Also. They lose no meter when the gem is activated. The fuck?

Tizoc

I like it. Haven't played it in a while though, but I still like it. (I dislike how the Gem/Create a groove concept is used in this game though...and it's not because of DLC gems).

Top Bottom