• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

So are Princess Principal and Made in Abyss not available on Amazon Prime Video in the UK? IIRC we don't have Anime Strike or whatever here.

Qurupeke

Princess Principal 10

I didn't see the
suicide
coming. It was a weird episode, other than the twist I'm not sure what was there. Everything kind of just happened without any explicit reason.

Anyway, next episode seems to wrap up the series. I guess the ending will be 2 episodes long and that's it.

Chase17

Princess Principle 10
Ah yes, the old suspect that the potential double agent suspects that you suspect they are a double agent plan. Works every time!

I think Beatrice knocks unconscious like 30 dogs with sound. Best scene was Chise and the princess.

No singing this week 0/10.

Guess we are moving into the end game. I don't remember who L is.

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 31

A good example of direction carrying the episode. Ichika hasn't had a particularly strong arc so far, but this episode still works. Ichika hesitating to hug her mother was a good sign on her conflicting feelings. The crux of the episode is her being a stepford smiler, forcing herself to act happy even if she doesn't want her mom to leave. It's not something I feel has been built up much outside her previous mom episodes, but it's still decent here. As far as dramatic Ichika episodes go it's definitely better than the last one. Grave and the monster attack felt obligatory, that we only got it because Precure needs a fight each episode. The fight was good, but the SOL stuff was enough to carry the episode.

Aki-at

Damn Re:Creators got bad again? Aw man I was looking forward to the conclusion :(

Unless the ending is disappointing, all things considered, Virgin Soul is better than Genesis. I'm missing the adventurous nature of the first series, but this one delivers loads on the character front. The drama is really well done and I'm actually liking the show's direction. I'm still not particularly fond of what they were trying to do with Azazel's redemption, but fortunately, they kind of dropped that subplot, or more like they don't rub in on the viewer's face anymore.

I think it's the one show I'm looking forward the most this season. I can't wait to see what they have in store for its finale.

Same. I can't wait for Virgin Soul every week now, it just feels so genuine and the consequences are real, there's no superhero that'll save the day and the drama doesn't feel artificial.

I don't think it's any coincidence the show picked up as soon as Azazel was sidelined and Nina's character development went from crushing on every hot guy to how she interacted with Charioce.

Narag

Thanks for the answers everyone.

So are Princess Principal and Made in Abyss not available on Amazon Prime Video in the UK? IIRC we don't have Anime Strike or whatever here.

I think they might just be streaming for NA territories. The Hidive service should have it though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Princess Principal Episode 10:

Best episode in quite awhile is we shift back into the real spy game and it has been missed.

duckroll

Princess Principal - Episode 10

An actual spy episode after a ton of messing around. Not a particularly great one, but there were some interesting character bits about Dorothy that were better handled than her actual backstory episode previously. I guess this episode exists as a bridge to lead-in to the season climax. Totally expecting this to end with a big WTF cliffhanger before season 2 is announced. :p

Narag

A Centaur's Life 10
acvKbOPl.jpg

all this talk about the evolution of art was a little much for me. I do appreciate how the show has these A & B parts that sometimes intersect like these last two episodes.

Sterok

Princess Principal 10

Proper spy work in a spy anime? What sort of parallel dimension have I stepped into? Better Dorothy insight compared to her backstory episode I think.

blurr

Re:Creators 15

Aliceteria and Magane development is interesting.

Dating sim girl. K.

Not entirely convinced by Blitz motivation to help Altair but I'll buy it since it's interesting enough in theory, it's just not compelling writing which is partly owing to the premise.

Narag

Re:Creators 15

Aliceteria and Magane development is interesting.

Dating sim girl. K.

Not entirely convinced by Blitz motivation to help Altair but I'll buy it since it's interesting enough in theory, it's just not compelling writing which is partly owing to the premise.

Blitz's motivations feels standard for the medium: "I have been wounded by God so now I will kill God."

blurr

Blitz's motivations feels standard for the medium: "I have been wounded by God so now I will kill God."

That's plausible but I saw it more as him seeing his daughter in Altair which is what they spell out in the episode. He was indifferent towards meeting his creator. Probably just doesn't matter who or what for him at that point.

Cornbread78

Chihayafuru ep. 7
That was an awesome episode that really digs into the mentality of Taichi. Also, but acknowledging his own strengths & weaknesses, he was able to help Chihaya get a 4th member and help the newbie break out of his desk.

It's hard to explain, but it was an excellent scene. The scene direction actually reminded me a lot of how sone of the more compelling, introspective scenes are done in 3-gatsu.

Also, the sky consistency for the sunset (flipped direction) was great!

The ending sequence definitely is anime as fuck.
Yeah, I can confirm that was anime as fuck. Production I.G. certainly know how to make anime-looking cutscenes!

That final boss, though!
Even by SMT standards, that was something else. What a fantastic fight! Kept expecting a Holy Grail War joke at some point, though.

Made in Abyss - 10
Maybe I'm desensitized to this kind of stuff, but I wasn't so much grossed out as I was distressed at Riko's condition. Kinema Citrus did a fantastic job on all fronts here, especially with the acting.

Princess Principal - 10
I began to accept that the show is mostly focused on cute girls doing spy things without any major focus, but hopefully the finale will bring it all together. Also
RIP the Dorothy x Elanor ship.

trejo

Hero Academia 35

NSFW-ish?

I must not have impure thoughts about frogs I must not have impure thoughts about frogs I must not have impure thoughts about frogsImustnothaveimpurethoughtsaboutfrogsImustnothaveimpurethoughtsaboutfrogsImustnothaveimpurethoughtsaboutfrogsImustnothav...

blurr

Hero Academia 35

NSFW-ish?

I must not have impure thoughts about frogs I must not have impure thoughts about frogs I must not have impure thoughts about frogsImustnothaveimpurethoughtsaboutfrogsImustnothaveimpurethoughtsaboutfrogsImustnothaveimpurethoughtsaboutfrogsImustnothav...

Seeing this pic of Tsuyu all around going 'lewd' and stuff, it's almost like no one saw the later half of the episode with Momo....

trejo

Seeing this pic of Tsuyu all around going 'lewd' and stuff, it's almost like no one saw the later half of the episode with Momo....

Well, neither her nor discount Zuko are very interesting characters to me so it's not like I was paying that much attention to the latter half.

blurr

Well, neither her nor discount Zuko are very interesting characters to me so it's not like I was paying that much attention to the latter half.

I mean yea, I like Tsuyu too but I didn't find it particularly erotic as such (given we know about that ability in season 1), compared to something like Momo's 'revealing' clothes, there are straight up shots focusing on them lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom