• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

We'll post pics from the places we're going ;P

giphy.gif

SalvaPot

Gintama 2017 Episode 1

Since the final arc (?) of the manga still hasn't concluded, the show is going to adapt the few comedy arcs they skipped over. And this one was an hilarious episode to start with. Kagura got a boyfriend and her 2 dads can't deal with the revelation that their little girl is growing up. Tons of destruction of property and bald jokes. Gintama is back and its back at its best.

Theonik

No idea if either will appear in the anime, but the game does have Ritsuko's cousin Ryo (who was pretending to be a female idol in the Dearly Stars game previously), and Saki, who is, err, Saki.
Saki is close enough to Male Makoto for me to care. Tell me if he's in this and I might pledge to actually watch this thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guys, I said I was posting it on Monday, and last time I checked it's still Sunday. So, as they say in the United States, hold ya stinkin' horses.

But trust me, it's 99% done so you don't have to worry about me throwing something together last minute.

Thud

Guys, I said I was posting it on Monday, and last time I checked it's still Sunday. So, as they say in the United States, hold ya stinkin' horses.

But trust me, it's 99% done so you don't have to worry about me throwing something together last minute.

US is always behind times.

Gintama 2017 Episode 1

Since the final arc (?) of the manga still hasn't concluded, the show is going to adapt the few comedy arcs they skipped over. And this one was an hilarious episode to start with. Kagura got a boyfriend and her 2 dads can't deal with the revelation that their little girl is growing up. Tons of destruction of property and bald jokes. Gintama is back and its back at its best.
Comedy Gintama is my favorite Gintama. Good to hear.

Clov

No idea if either will appear in the anime, but the game does have Ritsuko's cousin Ryo (who was pretending to be a female idol in the Dearly Stars game previously), and Saki, who is, err, Saki.

Saki seems to be really popular over here. In second hand shops, merchandise related to them seems to be more expensive than other Side M characters. For example, in a Lashinbang I went to in Nakano Broadway, there were some acrylic stands of various Side M characters; all were 1000 yen, with the exception of Saki, who was 2000 yen.

The new merch is more affordable, but almost none of it features just Saki by themselves. It's mostly Saki with the other Cafe Parade members. There's a heart shaped badge, a large acrylic keychain, and a rubber keychain of just Saki, though the first two use an art style I'm not super fond of, and the last one is only in blind boxes. They're also selling a scrunchie themed after them, for some reason. Anyway, I wish it was easier to get good merch of them. Hopefully there will be more as the anime airs.

Moving away from merch for a second, I'll probably watch the anime once I know they're going to appear in it for sure. I just hope they handle their character well. From what I've read about them, Saki seems like a great example of a nonbinary character, and more representation is always something I appreciate.

Jintor

kemono friends 3

wait is the next episode preview bit just a bunch of seiyuus fucking around they vaguely animated? that would make sense

Majin Bone 1:
Really fun first episode. The main character is introduced pretty well here, along with a variety of different relationships that I feel like I already have a good handle on pretty quickly. There were a number of really funny moments throughout the episode, with some great facial expressions and a lot of attention to detail. And even when things get serious at the end, it's still done in a way that subverts my expectations.
I wasn't expecting to just seem him laying on his back and completely confused rather than having some cool looking shot or something more typical like that.

Majin Bone 1:

Really fun first episode. The main character is introduced pretty well here, along with a variety of different relationships that I feel like I already have a good handle on pretty quickly. There were a number of really funny moments throughout the episode, with some great facial expressions and a lot of attention to detail. And even when things get serious at the end, it's still done in a way that subverts my expectations.
I wasn't expecting to just seem him laying on his back and completely confused rather than having some cool looking shot or something more typical like that.

Shougo probably has the most realistic reaction for an anime MC suddenly getting encased in freaky armor.

zulux21

Turns out some LNs are part of this month's kindle daily deal. Other stuff doesn't look as interesting and these two are topical given the recent anime so just giving a head's up:

is it just the 4 of them
two that you have there plus Infinite Dendrogram 1 and Bluesteel Blasphemer: Volume 2 ?

Narag

is it just the 4 of them
two that you have there plus Infinite Dendrogram 1 and Bluesteel Blasphemer: Volume 2 ?

Yes, all j-novel club stuff. Hopefully it'll get other pubs to do it or at least have more j-novel club stuff listed as deals if volume sales work out.

Gintama. Slip Arc, Episode 1 - After the all the serious arcs from Gintama, going back to the comedy was a nice breathe of fresh air. From the recap all the way to the ending I constantly had a grin on my face.

zulux21

Yes, all j-novel club stuff. Hopefully it'll get other pubs to do it or at least have more j-novel club stuff listed as deals if volume sales work out.

I didn't realize my amazon music promo sign up code was only good for a single order and not $10 in general.

I just wasted it on a $1.60 book :(

oh well lol

Rick and Morty S3: End

Started out a bit weak in the first half, but the latter half had some of the best episodes of the series so far. I don't think this episode was the best way to do a season finale, but then again S1's isn't exactly a massive thing either.

zulux21

U mean 1999 where it had tons of useless filler?

you know... 20 years from now when they decide to remake naruto with no filler there will be people who say the original series with filler is the better series still because the new series would have new voice actors and updated art for the current trend.

Clov

you know... 20 years from now when they decide to remake naruto with no filler there will be people who say the original series with filler is the better series still because the new series would have new voice actors and updated art for the current trend.

While I haven't seen the 1999 Hunter x Hunter anime, I really don't think that's why some people prefer the older version.

Also, it's a bit silly talking about 'useless filler' in this case considering how much of Chimera Ant could have been trimmed to make a much better arc. Seriously, it started out so strongly and had some great moments throughout, but there's so much dull and pointless content that could have been completely removed while barely changing the narrative.

The Ninja Ostrich added character to Naruto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom