• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know... 20 years from now when they decide to remake naruto with no filler there will be people who say the original series with filler is the better series still because the new series would have new voice actors and updated art for the current trend.

I dislike the idea that Naruto is still a thing in 20 years.

Scum's Wish 7

Still awful, terrible people. But at least they're not as awful as they were last episode and seem like, maybe, they're turning a corner. At least Mugi didn't sully that innocent girl.

God this show is just Awful People the Anime.

I heard you guys aren't going to reach OT2.

This is what happens when you get rid of people like Cajun.

LotusHD

Banned
Scum's Wish 7

Still awful, terrible people. But at least they're not as awful as they were last episode and seem like, maybe, they're turning a corner. At least Mugi didn't sully that innocent girl.

God this show is just Awful People the Anime.

They all obviously suck, but man, the red-haired girl probably pissed me off the most.

So putting aside Gintama's new episode today, the Fall season kicks off tomorrow.

Are you feeling it?

Are you really feeling it anime-gaf?

zulux21

While I haven't seen the 1999 Hunter x Hunter anime, I really don't think that's why some people prefer the older version.

Also, it's a bit silly talking about 'useless filler' in this case considering how much of Chimera Ant could have been trimmed to make a much better arc. Seriously, it started out so strongly and had some great moments throughout, but there's so much dull and pointless content that could have been completely removed while barely changing the narrative.

no some people don't.
but i mean some people will.

I dislike the idea that Naruto is still a thing in 20 years.

can't see why it can't be if sailor moon still is a thing :p

Kickz

My Hero Academia [Season Finale]
KMyXMWT.jpg
8JPXu8V.jpg
cgqq4LH.jpg

Best bits of the season since Stain arc, really like when the show gets away from school activities and gets a bit darker like this.
Here's to hoping season 3 is more Stain type moments and less tournament/tests stuff.

casiopao

you know... 20 years from now when they decide to remake naruto with no filler there will be people who say the original series with filler is the better series still because the new series would have new voice actors and updated art for the current trend.

But the older HxH character art is not even that great lol. It just goes dark and edgy style. Some filler also ruined characters if u ask me.

At least new hxh stays true to the bulk of story that we like.

But the older HxH character art is not even that great lol. It just goes dark and edgy style. Some filler also ruined characters if u ask me.

At least new hxh stays true to the bulk of story that we like.

What filler?

If you're insinuating the first ~20 episodes or so have useless filler than I'm even more triggered at your 2 posts about this than I already am.

You seriously shit on the far superior art direction, in particular, character design?

Time to link this good article again.

Some Nobody

What filler?

If you're insinuating the first ~20 episodes or so have useless filler than I'm even more triggered at your 2 posts about this than I already am.

You seriously shit on the far superior art direction, in particular, character design?

Time to link this good article again.

Yeah I'll grant that the original has superior art. I love 90's anime art. Still no love for filler tho.

But '03 FMA can still get bent. Brotherhood's art is far superior.

DiGiKerot

Don't I need to watch WuG first before getting into WuGZoo?

I think most the humour is fairly broad, but there's a couple of episodes that are pretty deep-cut jokes based on the main WUG show (like, there's one which is two characters arguing about the fact that half the audience had trouble differentiating them in actual WUG).

WUG is one of those things I like but honestly can't say I'm sure I'd recommend anyone else watching, though.

(Also AKB0048 is a pretty good call)

So many idol shows to watch but I don't have enough light sticks. Why couldn't you guys not introduce me to the wonderful world of idols earlier?

DiGiKerot

Just like the idols themselves then.

j/k

or is it? :p

Woof.

Although that's one of the interesting things about Side-M - male idols have a longer shelf-life, and as a result that franchise is full of characters for which being an idol is their second career because they're old enough to have actually done other things.

DiGiKerot

I'll never understand idol culture...

There's pretty big differences between 2d, 2.5d and 3d idol fandoms that would take way too long to get into on my lunch break.

Honestly, though, anime idol shows tend to exist on a separate plane to actual idols. Even something like Love Live, where the show goes hand-in-hand with a seiyuu group promoted similar to an idol one, has an anime universe where a lot of the trappings of the actual idol universe simply does exits. It leads to some really weird lines of thought when you start to wonder about where the merchandise they get excited to see in Akiba comes from and how it got produced...

This is why you buy rgb led ones.

The actual Pro move is to have both - Kingblades and the like are neat things, but without UOs, you don't get things like the colour change in Snow Halation becoming A Thing. That said, everything in moderation - I know guys who burnt through a hundred or so of the things during the concert at AX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom