• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Tsurezure Children ep.3

Still funny, awkward and cute. None of these couple are going to work out, lol.

I like how this show makes me feel more for couples in a few minutes than some full animes.

Also currently this season watching:
Tsurezure Children
Fate
Made in the Abyss

Anything else good I'm missing?

Korra 13

OK, what happened to the Korra of episode 12? Why is this Korra being an ass to Tenzin and Mako? Why do I have this feeling her uncle is somewhat involved with the spirits going berserk?

Season 2 is a massive mess, saved only by the Origin two-parter and Asami being the best character.

Line_HTX

Okay, checked up on the Re:Creators thing. Since the series is 22 episodes instead of 24 episodes, there are 3 slots slated to be filled with specials. The first special was aired on the very first slot on April 1st. They're using the next two slots in the coming weeks. After that there will be no more breaks. Seems reasonable.

I guess given the number of slots available it makes their talk of "everything was pre-planned" more plausible. When Meteora said that in the recap episode I didn't think much of it and felt it was a lighthearted excuse at the production making fun of itself. Now I'm starting to think this entire show is like some 4th wall mirror reflection parody.

I would've liked it better if the last special was further down the schedule like the break before the point of no return to the finish though. Still gonna continue watching this to the end.

moogs

Neo Member
Eureka Seven: AO 8-19

4fHX4

This show is more concerned with vapid international politics than the discovery of parallel words. Its true underlying themes seem to be about communication, acceptance, and identity. Honest intent, riddled in teenage angst, is the crux of the character drama. Essentially, the main characters' drives are seeking out the truth of their origins, relations, and values. They have understandable motives, but the link among the cast isn't all that cohesive in execution.
With the introduction of Truth, I felt like I'd lose something valuable if I critically scrutinized the plot, so I'd rather refrain from doing so. In retrospect, Truth hasn't accomplished much beyond corrupting Naru and committing mass murder. There is still some mystery shrouding Truth's purpose, but I am more interested in potential repercussions of the Quartz Gun.
After leveling with the nature of Truth, one should find that AO is an overall mediocre work that's bloated with tepid saber rattling, pointless espionage, and idle parties. If you aren't watching this for the character art or the robots, you could do better but also do worse. Ultimately, I remember having more bones to pick with the original series, but I can't recall what they were. The sloth continues to steal the show.

Jex

This show is more concerned with vapid international politics than the discovery of parallel words. Its true underlying themes seem to be about communication, acceptance, and identity. Honest intent, riddled in teenage angst, is the crux of the character drama. Essentially, the main characters' drives are seeking out the truth of their origins, relations, and values. They have understandable motives, but the link among the cast isn't all that cohesive in execution.
With the introduction of Truth, I felt like I'd lose something valuable if I critically scrutinized the plot, so I'd rather refrain from doing so. In retrospect, Truth hasn't accomplished much beyond corrupting Naru and committing mass murder. There is still some mystery shrouding Truth's purpose, but I am more interested in potential repercussions of the Quartz Gun.
After leveling with the nature of Truth, one should find that AO is an overall mediocre work that's bloated with tepid saber rattling, pointless espionage, and idle parties. If you aren't watching this for the character art or the robots, you could do better but also do worse. Ultimately, I remember having more bones to pick with the original series, but I can't recall what they were. The sloth continues to steal the show.

Hmm....

Cornbread78

I like how this show makes me feel more for couples in a few minutes than some full animes.

Also currently this season watching:
Tsurezure Children
Fate
Made in the Abyss

Anything else good I'm missing?

Aho Girl
New Game 2
Love & Lies
Gamers (too early to tell though)
Kakegurui

/XX/

Another Studio Ghibli STUDIO PONOC film, another exhibition to present its official art-book (this new one still with a design and content features very reminiscent of traditional Ghibli THE ART Series, so not published by TOKUMA SHOTEN but just as lovely as always):

メアリと魔女の花 ジ・アート展 | 小田急百貨店
http://www.odakyu-dept.co.jp/shinjuku/special/mary/index.html

It seems that Kazuo Oga & Yōji Takeshige assisted Tomotaka Kubo all-the-way in the process of making the setting and backgrounds work for Mary and the Witch's Flower. I previously wanted that, on their new endeavour at Dehogallery, Inc., such icons weren't aiming for a position of mere figureheads, so I like the information about their direct involvement. Also, having known that the box office performance of this new project (earning 1.2 billion JPY after two weekends) is at least surpassing the one of When Marnie Was There makes me hopeful of Mr. Yonebayashi's chances for the future... even if after recent bigger successes TOHO animation isn't too thrilled yet with the results.

Given their late performance in European competitions with all those wasted attempts at many finals, that show would be stuck on a cyclic story of a well-spirited loser team that trains hard but doesn't have any good redemption arc on sight. Simply put... no growth, not a very marketable product then.

Winners get all the glory and fame after all! :p

Jintor

Tsurudure Children 3

I'm not normally into comedic violence, but it's pretty manzai and well done so i guess my morals aren't that strict

nervous as shit kid destroys me

so does oblivious girl

i really want to get to the apathetic couple tho lol

/XX/

PV for GIRLS und PANZER das FINALE theatrical project and for PS4 game GIRLS und PANZER Dream Tank Match:

アニメ『ガールズ&パンツァー 最終章』第1話 特報+PS4『ガールズ&パンツァー ドリームタンクマッチ』ティザーPV - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Z6L31E0ZA

Theonik

PV for GIRLS und PANZER das FINALE theatrical project and for PS4 game GIRLS und PANZER Dream Tank Match:

アニメ『ガールズ&パンツァー 最終章』第1話 特報+PS4『ガールズ&パンツァー ドリームタンクマッチ』ティザーPV - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Z6L31E0ZA
Panzer Vor!

blurr

My favorite pairs in Tsurezure Children:
1. Stoic Girl and Shy boy - She is just priceless.
2. Delinquent Girl and Student Council President - this scene got me to watch it in the first place, not something I get to see in a lot of rom com.
3. Slacker/Bold girl and Shy boy - this was a bit creepy/uninteresting in first episode but it got interesting in the second episode with the sister creating some tension in between them or attempting to, her reactions were really nice.
4. Aho girl (yes, we have our own Aho Girl) and uninterested boy - a bit sketchy with the way he falls for her but I'm interested to see where it goes. It's also surprising that they are discontinuing her story with her senior.

Well, that was a lot more than I thought I'd have.

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know if it's set in the same school since I have not particularly noticed the uniforms. I am yet to watch episode 3 anyways, let's see.

My favorite pairs in Tsurezure Children:
1. Stoic Girl and Shy boy - She is just priceless.
2. Delinquent Girl and Student Council President - this scene got me to watch it in the first place, not something I get to see in a lot of rom com.
3. Slacker/Bold girl and Shy boy - this was a bit creepy/uninteresting in first episode but it got interesting in the second episode with the sister creating some tension in between them or attempting to, her reactions were really nice.
4. Aho girl (yes, we have our own Aho Girl) and uninterested boy - a bit sketchy with the way he falls for her but I'm interested to see where it goes. It's also surprising that they are discontinuing her story with her senior.

Well, that was a lot more than I thought I'd have.

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know if it's set in the same school since I have not particularly noticed the uniforms. I am yet to watch episode 3 anyways, let's see.
It's not really a spoiler, but I do think they are all in the same school based off what I've read of it.

My favorite relationships are: the class representatives (teasing girl and pure boy), president and delinquent, and the serious face straightforward boy with the blushing kawaii girl. The latter in particular seems like they move the fastest out of most of those relationships.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I'm being trolled right? This is trolling? Please tell me we're being trolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom