• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take2 Exec: GTA IV sales breakdown per platform are 50/50

Edward Williams - BMO Capital Markets

First of all, going back to JT's line of questioning, can you give us an idea as to this 13 million GTA 4 units, how many of those are Xbox 360 platform? So what's the addressable market for the downloadable The Lost and Damned.

Lainie Goldstein

It's approximately 50/50, Ed.

Edward Williams - BMO Capital Markets

And what about a geographic breakdown, U.S. versus international?

Lainie Goldstein

It's about 50/50 there as well.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/125233-take-two-interactive-software-inc-f1q09-qtr-end-1-31-09-earnings-call-transcript?page=-1

Mrbob

Bu bu bu bu bu

Downloadable content.....360 is a software beast and.....PS3 has no games and software doesn't sell.

I think I have it all here. This thread will go places.

Nutter

Ah WTF.

The US and UK sales are 2:1 (2 of the biggest markets for GTA), where the fuck is he getting 1:1 from.

Wow, really didn't expect that.

this is interesting

"Lainie Goldstein

Well, the GTA downloadable content was subject to our Microsoft agreement that we haven't discussed specifics on"

Something we don't know?

Mrbob said:
Bu bu bu bu bu

Downloadable content.....360 is a software beast and.....PS3 has no games and software doesn't sell.

You missed the "GTA is a Playstation franchise"

"Grand Theft Auto 4" is expected to sell between 9 million and 12.5 million units in 2008, luring gamers with simulated vicarious thrills -- depending on one's viewpoint -- including drunk driving, stripper lap dances and the chance to fire heavy weaponry into urban crowds.

If sales come in at the high end of that range, the game will directly spur sales of 2 million additional PS3s in 2008, versus 1 million Xbox 360s, reckons Michael Pachter, an analyst with Wedbush Morgan.

"I think PS3 'wins' this battle," Pachter said.

Mrbob said:
Bu bu bu bu bu

this and the nintendo Vs. Sony first party kinda goes hand in hand.

Mrbob said:
Bu bu bu bu bu

god damn reverse fanboyism, I don't who's on who's side anymore.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Cat in the Hat said:
Wow, really didn't expect that.

this is interesting

"Lainie Goldstein

Well, the GTA downloadable content was subject to our Microsoft agreement that we haven't discussed specifics on"

Something we don't know?
Perhaps the full quote might help:

"Edward Williams - BMO Capital Markets
So 50/50 platform, 50/50 geographic. And what about the economics of Midnight Club downloadable content versus GTA downloadable content, is there any material difference there?

Lainie Goldstein
Well, the GTA downloadable content was subject to our Microsoft agreement that we haven't discussed specifics on, but the Midnight Club downloadable content is a separate arrangement."

I don't think anyone has actually gone on record and said it was a cold hard $50 million advance from Microsoft, so I think the response is in reference to that

Link

The Autumn Wind
chubigans said:
I'll take a GAFfer's opinion over a CFO of a major company any day!
I'd trust a hobo's opinion over the CFO's of Take Two. Have you seen that company's financials?

Link said:
I'd trust a hobo's opinion over the CFO's of Take Two. Have you seen that company's financials?

:lol What I was thinking. Take 2 management has run a great developer in to the damn ground, they are the last people I would listen to.

Take 2 Financial release said:
- Over 13 million units of Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto IV have been shipped as of January 31, 2009.

Then read the OP of this thread. 13 million shipped to retailers, not sold through to consumers. And that's why the difference in 50/50 on the shipping end versus whatever the actual sell through numbers to consumers.

Zzoram

The PC version is largely responsible for their 2009 revenue being 24% from PC, although to be fair there haven't been many new releases this early in the year, and probably none from Take Two.

Nafai1123

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
But he did say it was about 50/50 in the US as well. Hmmm.

No, what he said was 50/50 360:pS3 and 50/50 US/World. The 50/50 US/World numbers are cumulative console sales (as I read it anyways).

Link

The Autumn Wind
Nafai1123 said:
No, what he said was 50/50 360:pS3 and 50/50 US/World. The 50/50 US/World numbers are cumulative console sales (as I read it anyways).
It would still be wrong. I don't have the numbers for Europe handy, but I can guarantee you the PS3 version didn't outsell the 360 version 2:1 over there.

Top Bottom