• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Festival 2013 - Announcement livestream

duckroll

WTF that's it? They have absolutely nothing new coming besides an HD collection? Is this a first?

Tales of Festival has been pretty bad for announcements for a while now. I guess they're not going to bounce back anytime soon.

2011 - ToX release date + more ToS OVA
2012 - ToX2 announcement + more ToS OVA
2013 - ToS Unisonant Pack + all ToS OVAs on Blu-ray

Sandfox

WTF that's it? They have absolutely nothing new coming besides an HD collection? Is this a first?

They usually only announce what's releasing this year. We may get another announcement for games coming out next year in a few months or something.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Tales of Festival has been pretty bad for announcements for a while now. I guess they're not going to bounce back anytime soon.

2011 - ToX release date + more ToS OVA
2012 - ToX2 announcement + more ToS OVA
2013 - ToS Unisonant Pack + all ToS OVAs on Blu-ray

They sure love their ToS

Are we going to get ToX2 and ToS Hd next year then?

Considering FilthieRich just left Namco Bandai, I don't think we can count on ANYTHING Tales-related being released in the West from here on out. I don't know how well Graces sold, but I can't imagine Xillia is going to light up the charts in a world when the PS4 is about to release.

We're not getting Xillia 2.

Why not? What about Xillia does well would they consider it?

Considering FilthieRich just left Namco Bandai, I don't think we can count on ANYTHING Tales-related being released in the West from here on out. I don't know how well Graces sold, but I can't imagine Xillia is going to light up the charts in a world when the PS4 is about to release.

Whose that? I think Grace F did 70k in its opening week (month?) in the US.

Kincaido

I can't wait for the ToS2 OVA announcement.

wwwwww

Was he somehow holding the games back from getting localized or something?

I've heard so much that Xillia 1-2 are a complete story, so I'll be devastated if we don't get 2.... and Symphonia HD... and Vesperia PS3

*Cries*

Proven

Kayos has a point. Xillia 2 will in no way catch up to Xillia 1 in sales, no matter what Xillia 1 sells. And they feel bad and want to sync of releases. So they'll skip Xillia 2, and then after the next mothership title they'll decide the US isn't that worth it. Next, we'll fall behind in releases again anyway.

I'm just irritated because if Xillia 2 doesn't release I have a friend who'll make me play it in Japanese. Doing so for Vesperia PS3 was only fun because I'd played Vesperia 360 and then they let me play as Patty and Flynn.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm glad my stream did not end up being a disaster. I think i had around 950 viewers at a peak.

Kincaido

If anything, he's one of the reasons they got localized in the first place. Guy was a huge Tales evangelist.

Oops, I read your previous post wrong. My bad. Yeah, I never thought that another Tales game would be localized before he came.

If Ni No Kuni managed to do 100k in NPD Tales of Xillia should be ablt to do it right?

Because kayos.

It's coming, don't listen to him :p Once he loses our bet I'll be sure to give him an extra kawaii moe avatar.

Oh its another one of his bets. Whats his track record like? Is he usually right?

Cross post from Seda. Coming out in English confirmed.

Localization confirmed

QnqLmMN.png

Sagitario

What does that have to do with anything? He was the community manager, he did not make business decisions within the company.

Well, Baba seems to be taking a much bigger role in the international releases now.
You can't really compare the Tales producer/boss with NA's community manager.

I'm guessing this lessens the chance of a ToX 2 localisation :/
Why? These ports are gonna be cake to release in English.

Xillia 2 wasn't gonna be released any earlier than Fall 2014 anyways, and having an early 2014 release for the Symphonia Collection gives enough buffer time to get ready for X2.

You can't really compare the Tales producer/boss with NA's community manager.
I would say that he is even more influential. Rich was great, but people are acting like we got Tales games because of him alone, the only reason this is being attributed to him is because he was the public link to the company.

BasilZero

So wait with Tales of Xillia coming out this year, Tales of Symphonia Collection coming out next year....we can expect a Tales of Xillia 2 for 2015 o_O?

Top Bottom