• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster Collection coming to PS3?

Isaccard

Well if they add the unused content and maybe add new stuff it would be great. Im certainly hyped over the HD release of both games.

The additions made to the PS2 version of Symphonia were mostly minor though weren't they? Probably the weakest of any Tales Re-release.

Edit: Namco should remake Eternia. God I want to play that one again.

I'd like a ToS3 to take place a long while after ToS2. Like 100 years or more. Genis and Raine will probably be alive. And probably Yuan too. Would be interesting to see how they move on from everyone's deaths.

That would definitely work, and I'd love to play it. I'd still prefer to play out the Mithos, Martel, Kratos story though.

I hadn't gotten into the Tales franchise until I played Vesperia about a year ago. Then I got Graces for the PS3. After wanting more, I tried playing Symphonia on Dolphin and I found it pretty hard to downgrade so much. I just couldn't play the game because of the outdated graphics coupled with Dolphin problems.

If a Symphonia HD release is happening, I think it'd be awesome if it got the same prettyification that Hearts R got. Chances are low for that one huh?

Also, the voiceless skits... I got too spoiled by Vesperia, Graces, and the Abyss undub.

Thorgal

I hadn't gotten into the Tales franchise until I played Vesperia about a year ago. Then I got Graces for the PS3. After wanting more, I tried playing Symphonia on Dolphin and I found it pretty hard to downgrade so much. I just couldn't play the game because of the outdated graphics coupled with Dolphin problems.

If a Symphonia HD release is happening, I think it'd be awesome if it got the same prettyification that Hearts R got. Chances are low for that one huh?

Also, the voiceless skits... I got too spoiled by Vesperia, Graces, and the Abyss undub.

Actually. i think most players find it more to be a downgrade then an upgrade in this case .

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'll bet you. I really don't think that this is real, and if it is, the west isn't getting it.

Done. So the bet is the following.

Kayos90 wins if Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster collection exists. *Confirmation is needed by the end of the year* He will have the loser wear an avatar of his choice for 3 weeks. If the game exists and comes to the west then that is an additional 2 weeks.

kewlmyc wins if Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster collection does not exist. He will have the loser wear an avatar of his choice for 5 weeks.

Sound good?

Rhapsody

Banned

I'm surprised you mentioned graphics instead of the battle system. I think the graphics were pretty good.

And yeah, voiceless skits bugged me. Hopefully if they end up remaining voiceless, I want it to be like Xillia where you can press the confirm button to proceed to the next line.

I'm surprised you mentioned graphics instead of the battle system. I think the graphics were pretty good.

And yeah, voiceless skits bugged me. Hopefully if they end up remaining voiceless, I want it to be like Xillia where you can press the confirm button to proceed to the next line.

I was gonna mention the battle system, but I only played for so long before I stopped. The lack of free movement kinda messed with me for a bit. Other than that I didn't have that many problems with the gameplay.

And by graphics, I meant the world map since it was so bare and the enemies are all giant unknown blobs. I thought the character models were fine and dungeons looked better than the world map. Other than that I didn't really have a problem with Symphonia.

The skits were horribly paced. I'm not a slow reader, but the first skit I watched definitely took me by surprise.

Vashetti

Banned
General question while the thread is here.

Would I like Tales of Graces F?

Never played these games before and I love the aesthetic of Tales of Graces F.

I love other RPGs if that helps.

Soriku

Based on what other people have been saying on other sites, it seems like the interviewers asked Baba about the Symphonia PS3 rumors floating about (though there really aren't any, I guess people are speculating because ToS's 10th anniversary is coming soon?) and his response was "If something like that happens, it would be because of the fans who hoped and waited so long for it."

Not that he was saying anything definitive. It was basically a non-answer.

Though the Xillia 2 localization is still be relevant if all the info here is true.

kayos90

Based on what other people have been saying on other sites, it seems like the interviewers asked Baba about the Symphonia PS3 rumors floating about (though there really aren't any, I guess people are speculating because ToS's 10th anniversary is coming soon?) and his response was "If something like that happens, it would be because of the fans who hoped and waited so long for it."

Not that he was saying anything definitive. It was basically a non-answer.

Though the Xillia 2 localization is still be relevant if all the info here is true.

I'm sure that article is a fake. However... Hm... lol.

*zips lips*

Seda

General question while the thread is here.

Would I like Tales of Graces F?

Never played these games before and I love the aesthetic of Tales of Graces F.

I love other RPGs if that helps.

If you play because you love mastering skill combinations, chaining attacks, fast paced real time battle systems, toying around with varying characters with unique skill sets --> yes.

If you play because you want relate-able characters, interesting villains, decent plotlines --> no.

kayos90

If you play because you love mastering skill combinations, chaining attacks, fast paced real time battle systems, toying around with varying characters with unique skill sets --> yes.

If you play because you want relate-able characters, interesting villains, decent plotlines --> no.

This sums it up nicely.

Plus Asbel is as unbearable as Suzaku.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Symphonia 2 takes awhile to ramp up... but honestly, it has some of the better characterization I've played in these types of games. I know that sounds weird, but it's a Tales game, and I really felt like Emil and Marta grow and change throughout the course of the game. I enjoyed the character arcs and thought the game long and meaty. If you play it for what it is, and not what it isn't, it's a solid experience.

kayos90

I know why Aeana wouldn't like ToS: DotNW. =)

Asbel is worse than Luke. That's an accomplishment.

At least Luke tries to think. Asbel, and Sophie, are braindead robots that can only do one thing. And fail at it. LOLOLOL.

Rhapsody

Banned

This. Battles and going place to place was what I really enjoyed most in Graces f. Only thing I liked about characters were the skits.
I liked Graces, but this is pretty much all I enjoyed it for.

Edit: You guys are making me want to give DotNW another chance. The beginning just feels so awful, but maybe it gets better. I hope...

I should've just said, one aspect of the game. lol.

I think ToS2 is smarter than people give it credit for. It's a pretty good game.

No Holy bottles alone in some of those narrow dungeons/buildings/paths/etc. was fail enough, but the game had several things about it, that REALLY make it look like crud next to the original.

I guess to be as concise as possible, I'll say that while I found some decent enjoyment in ToS2, it was the most frustrating Tales game I've played.

Seda

DotNW is one of those games that really does get a lot better as you go. That opening chapter is garbage, and easily the worst one in the game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Randon piece of trivia for fun,

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of New World > The Last Story

sales not counting japan

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll definitely get back to it then (once I finish ToX2). The early dialogue and the new characters didn't strike well with me at the start. How the scenes were shown made it look pretty corny too. But I am interested on seeing everyone else. I think I stopped where they met Zelos or something.

Kouriozan

I liked Tales of Graces and Vesperia but I found Symphonia more fun.
Maybe because I often played it with my brother and my friend.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I liked Tales of Graces and Vesperia but I found Symphonia more fun.
Maybe because I often played it with my brother and my friend.
Crap, I just noticed that my brother won't be around to spam spells with Genis anymore...
Symphonia will never be the same for me...

RPGCrazied

Wait. So you want a guy who speaks English and Spanish to send an email out to the writer asking to explain what the article says?

Basically, GAF is big. Tons of people can read/write a different language. I know of a few people that can do that with Japanese here. Its not uncommon.

kayos90

Basically, GAF is big. Tons of people can read/write a different language. I know of a few people that can do that with Japanese here. Its not uncommon.

Why not just have the person who can speak english and spanish translate the article instead of emailing the guy?

Rolf NB

My DotnW experience on Wii lasted maybe 30 minutes before I ejected the disc and put the game up for sale again.
ToS proper OTOH, I could probably play that again.

Soriku

Can anyone read Spanish to see what the article even says? Maybe even email the poster of it.

This is the best translation I've found (excuse the grammatical errors) from someone on the Tales forum:

During the celebration of Expomanga 2013, we had the pleasure to have a long talk with Mr. Hideo baba, producer of the Tales of saga, and, although it will take a couple of days until we post the full interview, we bring one of the most juicy and shocking news that Mr. Baba has dropped relative to Tales of Symphonia: Perfect edition, an HD remake for PS3 that will include both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn fo the new World.

And is that, following the rumor about the existece of this title whose information we could excract from the internal fonts of kyo-nya, we decided to ask about its reliability to the producer of the saga. Tough Baba wasn't in the postition to confirm its existence he told us that a thing like that would be "a representation of the dreams and hopes of the fans, who had been long wishing for it" and peharps we will heard about it soon.

In case of confirmation of the game existence, which we expect to hear news soon, this game will see the light of the day at least in the United States, localization of the font we got the information, which also talked about that Tales of Xillia 2 localization have been assured.

Bwyond this news, Hideo Baba commented about other interesting news and curiositys about Tales and soon you can read the complete interview that he give us.

More or less they asked about the rumors about some sort of Tales of Symphonia: Perfect Edition and didn't get that much of an answer. The name "Tales of Symphonia: Perfect Edition" is pretty much something the interviewers made up or heard from another rumor somewhere else. They asked if rumors of a "Perfect Edition" of ToS is true, and Baba give them a non-answer, in that if it happens it'd be because fans have wanted it.

There isn't any actual confirmation. Which is hilarious because the article says Baba wasn't in a position to confirm anything and it's all speculation but then they go off and say "we expect to hear something soon and and game will be released in the US at least." Nothing could be in the works at all.

The Xillia 2 bit either sounds like speculation on their part just like the ToS: Perfect Edition "news", or something Baba confirmed. The translation isn't making it clear.

Top Bottom