• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster Collection coming to PS3?

C.T.

Both games need substantial improvements in gameplay IMO. Think about it, Symphonia with Graces F gameplay.

Japanese dub for the west please =P, for consistency...I should really finish the Wii game lol but I guess I can wait, didn't start because I've heard terrible things XD

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Done. So the bet is the following.

Kayos90 wins if Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster collection exists. *Confirmation is needed by the end of the year* He will have the loser wear an avatar of his choice for 3 weeks. If the game exists and comes to the west then that is an additional 2 weeks.

kewlmyc wins if Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster collection does not exist. He will have the loser wear an avatar of his choice for 5 weeks.

Sound good?
Heh. Hahahahahahaha. I can't believe this. It's like he has a one-track mind, eh? Sheesh.

Talk about obsessive.

I'll definitely get back to it then (once I finish ToX2). The early dialogue and the new characters didn't strike well with me at the start. How the scenes were shown made it look pretty corny too. But I am interested on seeing everyone else. I think I stopped where they met Zelos or something.
I didn't like ToS much at the beginning, myself. It really didn't click with me until the second half because it kinda gets better. A smidge. But, ah, I find it hard to go back to these days. It's just like how I find it hard to go back to ToP SFC or Destiny PS1 having played Destiny R and ToPX. Many things have just been improved upon since then.

And ha! Is everyone behind on ToX2, then? I dropped it last year because I was completely burned out on Liese Maxia, and I'm trying to get it done now since I feel like I've had a long-enough break from RPGs in general.

Noi

Can anyone read Spanish to see what the article even says? Maybe even email the poster of it.

Only cause you asked nicely. Translated from here since koi-nya seems to be down atm.

Fake Edit: Bah, beaten to it. I'll post it anyway.

During the celebration of Expomanga 2013, I had the pleasure of habing a long chat with Mr. Hideo Baba, producer of the "Tales of Saga", and while the full interview won't be available for a few days, we're bringing you one of the juicy-er and more impacting news that Mr. Baba has given us in relation to Tales of Symphonia: Perfect Edition, an HD remake for the PlayStation 3 that will include both Symphonia titles, the original Tales of Symphonia (GameCube, PS2) and Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk - Tales of Symphonia: Dark of the New World in the west- (Wii).

Following the rumor of this title's existence, whose information we could extract from koi-nya's internal sources, we've decided to ask about it's viability to the producer of the saga. Although he was not in a position to officially confirm it's existence, he told us that something like that would be "a representation of the hopes and dreams of the fans, who've spent a long time wishing for it", and that we may know more about it soon.

In the case that the game is confirmed, of which we expect news about it soon, this game would would at least see the light of day in the United States, which was the location of the source through which we got the information from, who also said Tales of Xillia 2 has a guaranteed localization in the west.

Besides this news, Hideo Baba commented on many other interesting news and curiosities about the Tales series that you'll be able to read once the interview he gave us goes up.

FSLink

Banned
I still have yet to finish ToX2 myself. I think I just got Elize on my team. I'm kind of burnt out from the whole having to grind GALD thing, plus with work + my huge backlog, I just haven't really had the desire to finish it right away. Been mostly playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on the PS3. :D

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorites, mostly because it was the first Tales game that really clicked with me (I played SFC Phantasia, Destiny, and "Destiny II" before hand), the other ones I just kind of enjoyed, and all the Phantasia references just puts a smile on my face.
Also I don't mind Colette. I'm sorry.

FSLink

Banned
Both games need substantial improvements in gameplay IMO. Think about it, Symphonia with Graces F gameplay.

This is basically Xillia 2 (battle system wise, though I prefer Graces f or DestinyR:DC's CC instead of the combination of TP+CC). Link Artes would just make sense to replace Unison Attacks too.

If true, I hope they use the GCN version as the base and not the ass PS2 port.
You're cool in my books.

FSLink

Banned

Rhapsody

Banned
And ha! Is everyone behind on ToX2, then? I dropped it last year because I was completely burned out on Liese Maxia, and I'm trying to get it done now since I feel like I've had a long-enough break from RPGs in general.
I was definitely burned out once I got to Liese Maxia lol. Game was really fun, but I did beat Xillia earlier that year. Going through all the same maps just tired me out. Plus it felt like the game was missing something, maybe the pacing was off.

And good point on ToS. Beginning wasn't too fun to go through. It was mostly Human Ranches and some ok dungeons.

I always liked the TOV opening theme. Bonnie Pink sounded really good in English. I still remember singing this song in my head during class lol.

Speaking of the HD collection, I would love if they gave us the Jap song in the opening instead of the instrumental like they did for the English version. DOTNW's Jap opening song is amazing and it was a shame they didn't put it on the English version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOOFvZIJPAs

Soriku

I dunno, like a trembling feeling of a grand finale.

But yeah, Symphonia easily has the best Tales soundtrack in my eyes (ears?). Legendia has several good tracks but Symphonia beats it.

I meant, "this is also a song that gives shivers" :)

So which is the best opening for Tales of Symphonia? The English release one? Starry Heavens for the GC? The PS2 one? Or one of the three OVA openings?

I'm kind of partial to the JP GC or PS2 songs.

Starry Heavens. It's not even a contest. One of the best Tales opening songs. Beaten maybe by Karma but that's it. Though I like Graces' too. Vesperia's is nice as well.

Ultimadrago

You know this does mean I want this to happen now.

You monster. Is there anything you wouldn't desire for your own amusement?

If it's an actual remake, they could just copy and paste Xillia 2's battle system and this would be effectively it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AFXizXdF4I Cameo Battle spoilers from Xillia 2, but ToS would really benefit from this battle system (just fix the bosses please oh god)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVYw9F8LcLg
Another favorite of mine from ToS:KoR/DotNW.

I hadn't checked Xillia 2's combat mechanics before. Interesting.

FSLink

Banned
I always liked the TOV opening theme. Bonnie Pink sounded really good in English. I still remember singing this song in my head during class lol.

Speaking of the HD collection, I would love if they gave us the Jap song in the opening instead of the instrumental like they did for the English version. DOTNW's Jap opening song is amazing and it was a shame they didn't put it on the English version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOOFvZIJPAs

Yeah, I really liked Knight of Ratatosk's opening too. Wasn't too fond of the English version one.

I hadn't checked Xillia 2's combat mechanics before. Interesting.
Link Artes being a modern Unison Attack just makes it such a good fit. Do it Namco. :(

Soriku

Oh crap I forgot about Xillia 2's opening. Yeah that one is awesome. Great scenes + very good song. Definitely the best one besides ToS JP (GC) and Abyss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4bvAK__Ks

Since Xillia is getting the original JP opening chances are good we'll get Xillia 2's as well once the game comes over
come at me kayos

Edit: Fuck, forgot about Dawn of the New World's openings. I liked both the JP and English ones.

Xillia's Jude OP and Xillia 2's OP are standouts for me. Those were really really well done.

I lied. Looking at the vids for me it goes:

Tales of Abyss
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia

All Japanese versions of course.

ToX had good animation but I didn't dig the song.

Animation in ToX 2 is phenomenal.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I still have yet to finish ToX2 myself. I think I just got Elize on my team. I'm kind of burnt out from the whole having to grind GALD thing, plus with work + my huge backlog, I just haven't really had the desire to finish it right away. Been mostly playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on the PS3. :D

Also I don't mind Colette. I'm sorry.
Boooo! Boooooooooooo! Yeah, I liked the Phantasia references, myself. The callbacks were done in a good way.

Um. I think I left off at ToX2 after being able to do explore Shan Du and around that area (and around the snowy bits). So I was in the middle of a Milla Chapter, then. Going for that Gald. Oy.

I also take it I shouldn't go out and immediately import ToX2 after I'm done with getting platinum on ToX, right?
Absolutely. You'll get tired of re-exploring the same environments fast if you'd went for the platinum (because that likely means you went through Xillia's EX dungeon three times). I'd give myself a rest after ToX before attempting ToX2.

I was definitely burned out once I got to Liese Maxia lol. Game was really fun, but I did beat Xillia earlier that year. Going through all the same maps just tired me out. Plus it felt like the game was missing something, maybe the pacing was off.

And good point on ToS. Beginning wasn't too fun to go through. It was mostly Human Ranches and some ok dungeons.
I'd borrowed it from someone my first time through, and they asked me how I was liking it while I was still in Sylvarant. They were rather surprised that I didn't like the game at first, but that's because I felt that the dungeons could use more work and the narrative wasn't very compelling. I didn't feel hooked right away. It took a fairly long time to build up for me. Like every Tales game, it takes a while for me to get into it because you need to get better artes to make more of a difference in-battle.

I agree that Xillia 2's pacing is off if that's what you feel. I just don't like how the game was structured. But on the other hand, I'd done my second platinum run for Xillia before starting Xillia 2, so part of the reason was bad timing on my part.

ChrisG683

I love almost all of the "Tales of" intro songs, they are always well done (at least in Japanese usually)

Vesperia's intro's just blew me away though at how good it was, even in English. I think I almost prefer the English version.

I remember in the IGN review (yes I know evil IGN), the reviewer went out of his way to mention that the intro stuck out for him as one of his favorite JRPG intros and that it was stuck in his head.

Seda

I love almost all of the "Tales of" intro songs, they are always well done (at least in Japanese usually)

Vesperia's intro's just blew me away though at how good it was, even in English. I think I almost prefer the English version.

I remember in the IGN review (yes I know evil IGN), the reviewer went out of his way to mention that the intro stuck out for him as one of his favorite JRPG intros and that it was stuck in his head.

Vesperia definitely has the best English opening.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hot damn, thanks for reminding me how fashionably awesome Emil is.
So fashionably awesome that it made it into ToX2:

THAT EMIL COSTUME IS REALLY SOMETHING, EH?!

dnRh2.jpg

Soriku

If this is true, I expect a Wii U version in the west. I'd but it for that.

Namco would never make a separate version for the West. They never have and didn't even bother bringing over Graces for the Wii.

What they'd provide for Japan is what you'll get.

Renmyra

I lied. Looking at the vids for me it goes:

Tales of Abyss
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia

All Japanese versions of course.

ToX had good animation but I didn't dig the song.

Animation in ToX 2 is phenomenal.

Didn't dig the song? Wow, really? It's one of the best songs I've heard, all categories. I get shivers everytime I watch the opening to Xillia.

FSLink

Banned
I think my favorite outfits for characters are Guy's, Jude, Xiilia 2 Milla Maxwell, Zelos, and Leon.

Leon loses some points for Irony of Fate playing in like every Tales game now. :(
I also really like Dio and Mel's outfits and various costume changes. :p

EDIT: Favorite openings:

1. Xillia 2
2. Abyss (JP or English, doesn't matter)
3. Symphonia GC (JP)
4. Xillia
5. Destiny (JP)

I'm not that fond of ToV's animation, the song itself is fine.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yuri's outfit is pretty garbage imo. Either that or it just doesn't fit with anyone's hairstyle. LOL.

Scrawnton

Namco would never make a separate version for the West. They never have and didn't even bother bringing over Graces for the Wii.

What they'd provide for Japan is what you'll get.
If the symphonia localization owned by Nintendo is true, would it be cheaper for namco to relocalize it for the west or just make a Wii U version for Japan and the west?

Or just leave it a Japan only title..

FSLink

Banned
Yuri's outfit is pretty garbage imo. Either that or it just doesn't fit with anyone's hairstyle. LOL.

I think I only liked Lloyd's costume on Colette, Kratos' costume on Alvin, Mint's costume on Elize, and Stahn's on Milla.

And non-Tales, but Chopin on Flynn was sweet too.

The best Tales opening song is and will always be Destiny's. I love DEEN so much.

DEEN is too good. :)
I also like Eternia's because of Garnet Crow, even if the animation is nothing special.

Top Bottom