• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster Collection coming to PS3?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's in Spanish and the source is below. Roughly speaking, it's saying that Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Knight or Ratatosk in Japanese) is coming to the PlayStation 3 in HD.

Sounds about right considering the Western Tales twitter has been saying it'll be a Tales filled year and my hypothesis on what's going to happen at the Tales Festival this year is very close to what's happening.

Source: http://www.koi-nya.net/2013/05/12/h...symphonia-tales-of-symphonia-perfect-edition/

Tales of Symphonia - Nintendo paid Namco to keep it exclusive for a while

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of New World - Wii exclusive

HD Remaster? PS3 exclusive.

NBGI is SUCH a troll.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I thought we might see a Symphonia HD remaster for Wii U, but with the slow hardware adoption this makes plenty of sense.

This would be pretty awesome, I was wondering if DotNW would ever get ported, since it was the only one on a non-Sony console this gen to not pop up anywhere else.

Alfredo

I thought the story back in the day was that Nintendo funded the localization of Symphonia, which is why the PS2 version never came out in the West. Otherwise, they'd have to entirely redo the English localization.

So if this is true, what are the chances of it coming to the West?

I suppose even if the rumor itself isn't true, I imagine they might do something with Symphonia this year since it's the games 10th anniversary.

Thorgal

fI2ZYoa.gif

Please be true. Please be true.Please be true.Please be true.Please be true.

OH FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

head explodes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
How much is the site reliable? Did it leak other scoops before?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Nintendo pay for the localization?

As far as I remember, this is the case. So if they were to release it outside Japan they would probably either have to license the localization from Nintendo (on a non-Nintendo platform? fat chance) or redo it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Porting ToS to a Nintendo system makes waaay too much sense for Namco to ever do it.

Especially if you consider how popular that particular game is on Nintendo systems in the west.

I thought the story back in the day was that Nintendo funded the localization of Symphonia, which is why the PS2 version never came out in the West. Otherwise, they'd have to entirely redo the English localization.

So if this is true, what are the chances of it coming to the West?

Would be a shame if the great voice acting of Jennifer Hale, Kari Wahlgren, and Tara Strong would be absent.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I really am very thankful for the headline, this is exciting.
Please let this be true God.

No more need to hunt for the CGN version for gazillion dorra.

I wonder how many Tales games will have to bomb in the west on Sony platforms before they stop localizing them entirely. But, eh, Graces was possibly the shittiest Tales games I've ever had the misfortune playing, so my hopes for the series aren't very high. (Loved the battle system though.)

MrT-Tar

My personal favourite Tales game. Though, the fact that iirc Nintendo bankrolled the original's localisation suggests that only a WiiU version (if it exists) would see a Western release.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder how many Tales games will have to bomb in the west on Sony platforms before they stop localizing them entirely. But, eh, Graces was possibly the shittiest Tales games I've ever had the misfortune playing, so my hopes for the series aren't very high. (Loved the battle system though.)

The only Tales of game properly marketed in the US was ToS and its also as far as I can tell still the only one that sold worth a damn. Might have something to do with Namco not being the ones who marketed it...

Graces had almost nothing behind it and Xillia seems to have even less in the works.

Top Bottom