• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster Collection coming to PS3?

Squire

Banned
Why would they do this before Xenosaga? Namco owns that ip yes? Seems like that would sell better.

I don't think we're getting Xenosaga. I think they would've done that two years ago if they thought it was worth it.

Shame. I would've bought that. I never played those games.

Roto13

Was the PS2 version Japan-only?

Yeah. Tragically. I love Symphonia and I always wanted to play that version with all the extras.

You should read the second paragraph of my post.

That doesn't answer my question. :p So I'm going to take that as a no.

Porting ToS to a Nintendo system makes waaay too much sense for Namco to ever do it.

Especially if you consider how popular that particular game is on Nintendo systems in the west.

We only had like five RPGs. :p

Bladenic

Day 1 for Tales of Symphonia HD. Dawn had a good battle system outside of monsters and the restrictions on the party members.

RPGCrazied

I don't think we're getting Xenosaga. I think they would've done that two years ago if they thought it was worth it.

Shame. I would've bought that. I never played those games.

Shame. Tis one of my favorite jRPG series, 2 was okay, but dat atrocious battle system.

Ridley327

It figures that they'd port Symphonia and the sequel instead of putting the PS3 port of Vesperia out in the west.

I'd hope they would use the GCN version as the base; as I recall, the PS2 port was a hot mess in every technical department, with some of those issues carrying over to Abyss.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Doesn't Nintendo own the localization rights for the first Symphonia?

Wouldn't that put a Western version out of the question?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That doesn't answer my question. :p So I'm going to take that as a no.

Western Tales Twitter says it's a Tales filled year for the west. Rumor comes out one month or so before Tales Festival/E3 that HD Remaster of Symphonia is happening. This year is also Symphonia's 10th anniversary. Hmm.. I wonder.

Doesn't Nintendo own the localization rights for the first Symphonia?

Wouldn't that put a Western version out of the question?

Depends if Namco is able or willing to license the localization from Nintendo.

Or if they are going to relocalize it themselves, lol.

Roto13

Western Tales Twitter says it's a Tales filled year for the west. Rumor comes out one month or so before Tales Festival/E3 that HD Remaster of Symphonia is happening. This year is also Symphonia's 10th anniversary. Hmm.. I wonder.

So the rumour doesn't say anything about this coming to the west? Kay, thanks.

I tried to go back to ToS a while ago and found that it hadn't aged well at all. Both in localization and in combat. The less said about DoTNW, the better.

I'd love to see HD remasters of Destiny Remake, Eternia and Rebirth though, they could even throw together a HD version of Tales of Phantasia X.

If it does end up being true, I it ends up being more than just an upscaled port, the battle systems in each game could do with an update.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If it's a Tales filled year for Western fans, they could at least localize the Vita games. Yes I know they're bad but there's no other way I could play Hearts unless I learn Japanese and isn't ToIR less terrible than the NDS version?

The more pressing issue is: are we gonna get ufotable redone animation?

Oh god.
Oh god oh god oh god.

nVLXt.gif

That would be glorious.

oni_saru

Omg if this is true & they bring it to the west I won't have to hunt for a gamecube copy anymore ;~;

please be true!!

kayos90

If it's a Tales filled year for Western fans, they could at least localize the Vita games. Yes I know they're bad but there's no other way I could play Hearts unless I learn Japanese and isn't ToIR less terrible than the NDS version?

Baba already said no Vita Tales for the West.

chrono01

My heart skipped a beat when I read it as "Tales of Vesperia".

Despite this [and owning Tales of Symphonia on the GSCN], I would gladly purchase an HD re-master on the PS3 if one was released.

kayos90

Anyone wanna avatar bet me that this is true? And it's coming for the west? We can up the ante however way we want yo.

kuYuri

I had ToS on GameCube for years, but never played it. Maybe this will be my second chance.

Oh, who am I kidding.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Assuming this is true, and I assume it is, as it makes sense- how bad of a spot is Nintendo in when they cannot get a multiplat of a Gamecube game localized by Nintendo, from a company which they hired to help on Smash Bros?

Top Bottom