• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster Collection coming to PS3?

Tenki

I asked him if after the sales of Xillia 2 didn't reach expectations he was still interested in sequels and he said the were interested in second and third parts of several games, that there were some stories that had to be told in several games.

So he said nothing about Symphonia?

I think I vaguely recall Baba saying in an interview something along the lines of wanting to do re-releases of older Tales games for modern platforms.

Hope this pans out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I asked him if after the sales of Xillia 2 didn't reach expectations he was still interested in sequels and he said the were interested in second and third parts of several games, that there were some stories that had to be told in several games.
Ah, I see. I think I'd rather have something new at this point. Though sequels aren't uncommon in the series at all.

Ridley327

Why not baten kaitos + origins remaster? I mean who cares for tales of symphonia (it still looks amazing for the gamecube), there are plenty of new tales of games out (graces f, xillia 1-2).

Namco probably doesn't see a lot of money to be made there. The best you could hope for at this point is if GCN comes to the Wii U VC and those are among the titles released for it.

Rpgmonkey

Voiced skits? Were they even voiced in the Japan version?

ufotable?

The gameplay (combat, subsystems) in general really. Though some improvements to the animation and voiced skits for an English version would also be appreciated and expected.

I'd take a HD version of some of the 2D games, and even Abyss, but Symphonia is something where I don't have much interest in just getting the same game in 720p. And Dawn of the New World I just don't care about at all. :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
Someone told me Nintendo doesn't own the localization rights in NA, but in EU. In NA Namco took care of the localization.

Was the Wii game really that bad? I never got around to it.

Really enjoyed ToS. Not 100% sure about playing it on something other than the gamecube controller though. God I love that thing.

kai3345

Banned
I'd buy the shit out of Symphonia for PS3. I just hope they update the talking heads to have voices this time around. After playing Vesperia and then attempting to go back to Symphonia, the lack of VOs for the talking heads made them a little difficult to sit through.

Also how's Graces F? I haven't been able to play it yet.

Roto13

Was the Wii game really that bad? I never got around to it.

Really enjoyed ToS. Not 100% sure about playing it on something other than the gamecube controller though. God I love that thing.

The characters are annoying. And the old party members only join your party temporarily and have level caps. :(

I will say one positive thing about it, though. Unlike most Tales games, it knows when to be over and doesn't drag on for another 20 hours.

ohlawd

I'm okay with it.

Symphonia is still my favorite game in the series and I really liked DotNW.

Bamco, it is impossible for you to fuck this up.

NIN90

Watch Namco go
tumblr_medl68ujQQ1rdb9cio1_400.png

This would be so awesome, I had been hoping they would bundle these two games together (with some changes to KoR). This being true would make sense for why Baba said he was going to make this a Tales filled year for the West even though Xillia 2 couldn't come out here this year. Since both of those games have been localized already, this could be a Tales game that could actually have a simulatenous release with Japan.

Top Bottom