• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Kashiwaba

Matchmaking has gotten pretty garbage on PS4 for me, and I can't even play in a private lobby with my friend. We always get kicked after character select. Good thing Capcom is still taking all the heat.
Both T7 and SFV match making is garbage now, it takes 5 minutes to get into one game. I guess it's time to get Injustice 2.

GrayFoxPL

How do people ever even find a main in Tekken? :(

After you play for countless years you'll find that some character "talk" to you better then others.

I don't understand why you won't work on Chloe because she's a troll character. I don't like some characters like Chloe, Alisa or Lili from design perspective but I respect players behind characters. If you can make Chloe work you should stay with her.

When players do catch up to her tricks you'll have to overcome her shortcomings, and you'll have the base/fundamentals to do it by then.

"Honest character" is a bit of lenient term because in reality you can play every character like an annoying bitch. Even Kazuya. "Here are 4 hellsweeps in a row sucker! Trololol!"

;).

Numb

Josie so fun
But give me free wins like Katarina
Fun > Free wins.

I wanna have fun AND win all the time
Besides Katarina I like more and have more fun but gotta try others
Stop hiding in GAF and show up in the discord I wanna fight you😈

Kashiwaba

Josie so fun
But give me free wins like Katarina

I wanna have fun AND win all the time
Besides Katarina I like more and have more fun but gotta try others
Stop hiding in GAF and show up in the discord I wanna fight you😈

I always look for people to fight on discord but no one answers :(

Find the character that looks coolest to you. Play with that character.

Find the character that looks equally cool or slightly less. Play with that character.

You now have 2 characters.

Continue until there are no cool (to you) characters remaining or you've mastered the cast.

Play whoever you think looks awesome and strong.

If you get bopped and find yourself envious of the tools of another character, learn that character. After a short period, pick between the two. Or keep both.

Continue with this until you're satisfied and confident in your pick(s).

DunpealD

Play whoever you think looks awesome and strong.

If you get bopped and find yourself envious of the tools of another character, learn that character. After a short period, pick between the two. Or keep both.

Continue with this until you're satisfied and confident in your pick(s).

Usually this.
But when everything fails, a wiseman once said: "Pick a top tier".

Kashiwaba

We need to request a ranked match request to be added to Tekken 7, it's kinda disappointing, a game like SFV which has to nothing to do except training mode While waiting has it, but a game like tekken 7 which has Arcade mode and Treasure battle doesn't.

Online on PC has being fucking shit. Sometimes get into a decent match, sometimes get a literal fucking slideshow (even with 3-bar connections), mostly get "connection to the opponent has been lost". Fix this shit, Harada.

EDIT: Exited out of a match because it was literally running at sub-10 fps, with long delays between each button press, of course I got this message afterwards.
3e45f82271.png

Strong poke game. Three golden lows, db3, d2 and qcf1. b4, df1, ws1 solid mids.

Whiff punish with b1+2, long range launchers for the big stuff.

TZ has a pretty comprehensive thread of info:
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132608

Than you, I reall have not been using d2 at all, I've been sticking to d4 as my go to low. What advantages does d2 have over d4? Sorry if these are obvious questions but this is my first ever Tekken that I'm actually taking seriously and I just wanna get good.

ZeroX03

Banned
Than you, I reall have not been using d2 at all, I've been sticking to d4 as my go to low. What advantages does d2 have over d4? Sorry if these are obvious questions but this is my first ever Tekken that I'm actually taking seriously and I just wanna get good.

I don't have frame data on me, but d4 has poor range and atrocious damage. d2 crushes, has higher damage, knocks down on CH, and leaves you crouching at plus frames on NH. qcf1 hits even harder, can't be parried and gives you a juggle on CH. db3 has range. d4 is okay if you need a quick low poke at close range, it's very fast.

Also Feng's basic juggle damage is pretty low so you gotta rely on strong poking and wall carry where possible.

Inskipp

Anyone here know where the video-files for the UE4/Autodesk-intro videos might be located at? Managed to disable Bamco/Nvidia/Story-intros, but haven't found the last two intros.

What do the pro-players think of tekken 7?

I know it's been out in arcades for a long time so I guess there will be a lot of experience with the game. I also know Tag2 wasn't really good, for reasons I don't know (high damage and comeback mechanics)?

Would like to know if that has been addressed with T7 or is it still to early to tell?

Doomshine

I know it's been out in arcades for a long time so I guess there will be a lot of experience with the game. I also know Tag2 wasn't really good, for reasons I don't know (high damage and comeback mechanics)?

Would like to know if that has been addressed with T7 or is it still to early to tell?

Aris has inflated the Tag 2 hate to more than it actually is, but yeah; too many characters, complicated and crazy combo system and so on. T7 has mostly positive opinions so far.

116 wins and still a beginner. Sure.
Probably wins in non-ranked matches. This shit is weirder.
cfd61d5f0d.png

Also, this is probably the first Tekken game that I'm actually getting rather competent at, rather than just mashing all the buttons. Maining Bryan, his low attacks are ridiculously good against most of the people I've fought online.

MikeBison

cfd61d5f0d.png

Also, this is probably the first Tekken game that I'm actually getting rather competent at, rather than just mashing all the buttons. Maining Bryan, his low attacks are ridiculously good against most of the people I've fought online.

That just means they ranked up with another character but have 5 wins on Lars. Dude could have played 1,000 matches for all you know.

cfd61d5f0d.png

When you get to a certain rank it boosts the rank of all your other characters up. He has a green rank (I forgot what rank though) on another character if he has a grand master Lars with 5 wins. It basically makes it so their other characters aren't smurfing out beginner characters.

Perineum

I'm still bothered by the current state of online on PS4. This patch needs to happen yesterday.

Matches take forever to get.

I set it to 4 bar or higher only and can still get horrible 3 bars which are unplayable imo.

I would say 99% of people who either win against me, or lose against me, run off. I never get god damn runbacks. The ranked needs to force you to play best 2 of 3.

----------

I went back to Shaheen today after struggling like a mofo with Gigas. I kept going up to Dan 3 back to Dan 1 with Gigas. What a shit tier character lol. Shaheen I shot straight to Grand Master. It's a little easier now to open people up with him, and to punish whiffs and wake up whiffs with forward forward 3 into 73 damage which is nice.

Shaheen is the definition of an honest character. He really doesn't have a bit of bull shit as far as I can tell, but I wish he had a low launcher. Being able to have that threat available is so useful.

ZeroX03

Banned

Tag 2 was fine, much better than T6. Just damn hard to get into.

TaterTots

Banned
To those wondering who is a easy beginner character, check out Paul Phoenix. I went from 30% win rate to 50% in an hour. I only used the following moves;

qcf+2
d4,2,1+2
f1+2
df+2
qcb with occasional cancels into 2
b12

Ame

I'm still bothered by the current state of online on PS4. This patch needs to happen yesterday.

Matches take forever to get.

I set it to 4 bar or higher only and can still get horrible 3 bars which are unplayable imo.

If you set it to 4 or higher, 90% of the time it'll become a 3 bar. I decided just to set it to 5 bar. The problem is that it takes a ridiculous amount of time to find anyone when setting it just to a 5 bar connection. It would be nice to be able to be in practice or play treasure battle while waiting for a match.

RM8

Law is so insanely fun in this game. I want to main Hwoarang (and I find him fun too, of course!) but I keep picking Law more, lol.

If you set it to 4 or higher, 90% of the time it'll become a 3 bar. I decided just to set it to 5 bar. The problem is that it takes a ridiculous amount of time to find anyone when setting it just to a 5 bar connection. It would be nice to be able to be in practice or play treasure battle while waiting for a match.

Yeah, it was taking me a good 10-20 minutes to find a match at 5 star minimum. And when I would try tournaments the host would usually quit after a 20 minute time investment. I've gone back to Persona 5 until the multiplayer on PS4 is sorted out. It's just too frustrating of an experience right now.

Perineum

I'm lucky in that I would say 4/5 of my 4 bar matches are actually 4 bar matches. I rarely get 5 bars though. My training is set to be at a 4 bar as well so when I get in a 4 bar match I don't drop combos at all.

Even then, it takes me 10 minutes a pop usually to get a match.

This is definitely the second worst online experience with a fighter this generation for me, with this being 2nd only to King of Fighters 14. That game even after the patch I still literally could never get into an online ranked match no matter what troubleshooting I did. Literally every other game I've ever played in my life works just fine, but KOF 14 and me were never meant to be.

Neonep

I just got through the final fight with Kazuya in story mode, Jesus Christ Harada! What the hell were him and his guys thinking!!

Top Bottom