• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

Nopren

Lots of vanguard orders. If you are healer, then only do the gathering ones. If not, then do them all. You'll hit 65 in no time.

Mithos

Lots of vanguard orders. If you are healer, then only do the gathering ones. If not, then do them all. You'll hit 65 in no time.

Thanks. Sadly I had only gold reward vanguards left, no EXP, but someone showed me how to level fast just outside "Amadjuak Trading Post" took me ~45minutes.

Thanks. Sadly I had only gold reward vanguards left, no EXP, but someone showed me how to level fast just outside "Amadjuak Trading Post" took me ~45minutes.

Welcome to end-game~~~ by which I mean, bankruptcy stage :D

Neoak, haha nuuuuu am always a TR person. But i think ... server probably doesnt matter that much. Theres always going to be fab people and icky people in every server.

Arksy,

1. reapers are still Elins only. But I dream the true dream of a Baraka Reaper. ~one day~

2. you definitely can dungeon your way to the top ! at least to level 60, then you should do the red quest, to get the free gears that would set you up for end-game :)

3. lancers are very very very much in demand. though tanking is a bit broken at end-game at the moment. they just buffed the agro again on the tanks, and eclipse potions are becoming a must on dps.... (eclipse potions reduces damages by 25%).... but having said that, lancers are always, always, always sought for. i think if you have low ping, you can build an attack-speed based build on your lancer, and that should help with dealing damage to keep up the agro during fights. lancers are a must on SCHM and BRHM.

When I previously played TERA I got to level 65 as an archer but quit after being extremely frustrated with the constant grind for equipment. I have a new urge to play an MMO but this seems like the only one that's not P2W. Every time I attempt to re-download it I think about how painfully boring it was to grind the same instances and battlegrounds over again. Can somebody remind me about what's fun in this game?

I have to play from Australia, so my ping is probably going to suck. Damn it.

HELLOW FELLOW AUSTRALIAN TERA VICTIMS

*glomps you*

in that case, i recommend power build for your lancer. which is what im using for mine. he's comfortable now, since aggro was buffed, but still has to spam consumables when running with high dps people :x

some dps are assholes though. my lancer is half disco/half ambit and sometimes a pug would entails generation geared dps and they still would go nocten, nostrum, scroll, bulgogi, salad, bleak wings, heaven elixir AND bravery potion.

:x

to them i say, "have fun with messy agro and fucked up team dynamic :D"

LAG IS OUR PASSIVE ABILITY

;___;

Mithos

Argghhhhh.

Whatever happened to the servers today when it went down/crashed, that's IT, now I can no longer play reliably, the game is back to dropping fps all the way down to 0 fps and freeze at to many times and randomly.

Well I had a good month were it worked flawlessly and no 0 fps drops happening.

NeOak

How?
Why?
What?

ibcWa4vYnFSd6r.jpg

Link if it doesn't work: http://i3.minus.com/ibcWa4vYnFSd6r.jpg

Argghhhhh.

Whatever happened to the servers today when it went down/crashed, that's IT, now I can no longer play reliably, the game is back to dropping fps all the way down to 0 fps and freeze at to many times and randomly.

Well I had a good month were it worked flawlessly and no 0 fps drops happening.

that sux :( it dropped on me last night when i was vaulting :(

neoak, your priest is purdy :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thank you! I've been wondering around the gorge trying to find Kugai the Mighty for a while so is there any thing special i need to do for him to pop up?

Arksy

HELLOW FELLOW AUSTRALIAN TERA VICTIMS

*glomps you*

in that case, i recommend power build for your lancer. which is what im using for mine. he's comfortable now, since aggro was buffed, but still has to spam consumables when running with high dps people :x

some dps are assholes though. my lancer is half disco/half ambit and sometimes a pug would entails generation geared dps and they still would go nocten, nostrum, scroll, bulgogi, salad, bleak wings, heaven elixir AND bravery potion.

:x

to them i say, "have fun with messy agro and fucked up team dynamic :D"

LAG IS OUR PASSIVE ABILITY

;___;

I need to reroll on TR. I got a gunner to 20 in the merest few hours. It's good fun.

Incredible to see how well this game is doing. I saw this game in the Steam top 10. NICE!

Good on TERA! Aion is also doing really good, which is really surprising. It is time the Koreans dev treat Western audiences good, with the same time frame and design catering, and vice versa.

TERA leads the way for a promising future for Blade & Soul. I can tell that a lot of you are going to enjoy that. And for those who hate it (but why would you play a game you hate? Black Desert might just be your thing).

It's weird that TERA is doing so much better than ESO and Wildstar, by western standards. Why is this? Could have something to do with the low output of high quality anime in recent times?

It's weird that TERA is doing so much better than ESO and Wildstar, by western standards. Why is this? Could have something to do with the low output of high quality anime in recent times?

Because Tera doesn't have a sub unlike the others did until recently. The combat in ESO was really trashy which didn't help it (also the fact that people wanted an Elder Scrolls with multiplayer, not an mmo), while Wildstar was too hardcore for casual players. Until they got rid of the sub and started making changes to Tera, it was just like the other games as far as not being casual friendly. This game used to not hold your hand at all past the beginning levels, where as now it holds you for basically the entire thing other than endgame. It really has very little to do with any "anime" asthetic it has and more to do with the combat just being that much better than most mmos, also the fact that it is far more casual friendly than ESO or Wildstar are.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
@infinitenine OOOOOOOH HALLO! welcome and hope you are enjoying the game! :D what class are you playing??? :D

Yeah it's fun so far! I picked the Warrior class since I'm a fan of twin blades in games although I kinda want the equipment I previewed my character with though I like the red coat and puffy pants with the hair done up in a bun. o:

VariantX

To be honest, I played this game before as a balanced played to 15 got bored never logged back in again. Got an e-mail saying they were going to release names that were more than a year old, I decided to log in, but made a gunner. This class seems to be just stupid fun. Plus being on steam means it won't be so much of a case of out of sight, out of mind for this game.

Arksy

To be honest, I played this game before as a balanced played to 15 got bored never logged back in again. Got an e-mail saying they were going to release names that were more than a year old, I decided to log in, but made a gunner. This class seems to be just stupid fun. Plus being on steam means it won't be so much of a case of out of sight, out of mind for this game.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. Riding around gathering a pack of about 8-20 mobs into a ball before AOEing them all down. It's such a blast.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK so questions!
  • I hit level 51 last night, but there's SO much going on. When I hit H, I get a screen with all these crazy things I can do. What's going on there?
  • If I'm enjoying the game, should I get the VIP sub? Does it offer enough to be "worth it"?
  • Is it worth running dungeons right now, or should I just quest?
  • Where do I get stuff to enchant? The mats for it...Feedstock and Alkhest (sp?)
  • I have no idea what avatar weapons are...I keep finding these little shards that look like they're going to make something? I did some reading and found that people say they're the best weapons you can get until end-game?
  • Any other good reading/tips to someone coming back into the fray?

I might pick this up for a couple of weeks until XIV's expansion, I know they just added a new Gunner class but have little interest in that, is the Scythe/Chain thing class considered good? It was added after I quit so I'd be interested in that, even if it's Elin only(which I believe is still the case).

Meh seems all my chars are on the PvP server, guess I'll roll a new one on Tempest Reach.

Mithos

OK so questions!
[1]. I hit level 51 last night, but there's SO much going on. When I hit H, I get a screen with all these crazy things I can do. What's going on there?
[2]. If I'm enjoying the game, should I get the VIP sub? Does it offer enough to be "worth it"?
[3]. Is it worth running dungeons right now, or should I just quest?
[4]. Where do I get stuff to enchant? The mats for it...Feedstock and Alkhest (sp?)
[5]. I have no idea what avatar weapons are...I keep finding these little shards that look like they're going to make something? I did some reading and found that people say they're the best weapons you can get until end-game?

[6]. Any other good reading/tips to someone coming back into the fray?

[4]. By dismanteling armors/weapons you get on drop (middle icon in bottom in inventory mode) you get feedstock (you can get feedstock on drop too), the Alkhest you constantly get on drop. Feedstock 2 can be upgraded to 3, and then 4, etc etc if your weapon is higher then feedstock you have in inventory (rightclick and upgrade or shift-rightclick).

[5]. The Avatar weapons guide (the number of relics needed is not accurate in the guide) -> http://teratoday.com/content/tera-guide/tera-general-guide/tera-avatar-weapons-guide
Correct number of relics needed for Avatar weapons -> http://mmorpgquests.blogspot.se/2014/01/tera-online-avatar-weapon-relic-and.html

NeOak

• I hit level 51 last night, but there's SO much going on. When I hit H, I get a screen with all these crazy things I can do. What's going on there?
http://zephya.wix.com/tera#!message-board/ca3f
  • If I'm enjoying the game, should I get the VIP sub? Does it offer enough to be "worth it"?
Yes. If you play at least every day, you get stuff that is useful, and the village atlas is really convenient.
  • Is it worth running dungeons right now, or should I just quest?
Do the quests and do the dungeons that come as part of the main story quests.
  • Where do I get stuff to enchant? The mats for it...Feedstock and Alkhest (sp?)
http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/foru...xpansion-Gear-Tiers-and-Simplified-Enchanting
  • I have no idea what avatar weapons are...I keep finding these little shards that look like they're going to make something? I did some reading and found that people say they're the best weapons you can get until end-game?
http://teratoday.com/content/tera-guide/tera-general-guide/tera-avatar-weapons-guide
  • Any other good reading/tips to someone coming back into the fray?
http://forum.teratoday.com/topic/823-beginners-guide-to-tera/

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/what-to-do-after-level-65

Primus

Good lord, Gunners are super duper OP. I'm steamrollering packs of mobs, did the solo version of Bastion of Lok at 20 with my artifact weapon at +3, wiped the walls.

I like.

Yeah it's fun so far! I picked the Warrior class since I'm a fan of twin blades in games although I kinda want the equipment I previewed my character with though I like the red coat and puffy pants with the hair done up in a bun. o:

Warrior! :D

They are so much fun ! Best class in game, tbh. Very versatile. I am horrible at them though XD...

Good lord, Gunners are super duper OP. I'm steamrollering packs of mobs, did the solo version of Bastion of Lok at 20 with my artifact weapon at +3, wiped the walls.

I like.

Gunners are ridic atm! Yep.

At end-game it gets a bit hard to tank against fully geared gunners without yourself spending a ridiculous amount of money to gear up to the teeth and then some. Them consumables aint cheap, eh. I prefer not to run with overgeared people these days when I'm tanking. They just destroy the team / dungeon mechanics :< But it's okay, I guess they will have their own tanks that are super-geared too :D

Good on TERA! Aion is also doing really good, which is really surprising. It is time the Koreans dev treat Western audiences good, with the same time frame and design catering, and vice versa.

NCSoft disagrees with you, seeing as how Blade & Soul is like 4 years late at this point.

TERA leads the way for a promising future for Blade & Soul. I can tell that a lot of you are going to enjoy that. And for those who hate it (but why would you play a game you hate? Black Desert might just be your thing).

B&S should have been released in 2011. NCSoft is famous for waiting roughly one human lifetime before bringing their Korean studio MMOs to the West though. No one really knows why, but the stories of NCSoft's gross mismanagement of their company are legendary. I cared about B&S like 4 years ago. Now? I couldn't give less of a shit.

Black Desert has a lot of potential but there's a lot of work to be done. I have an account in the Korean open beta and play it from time to time. It's a true beta, new regions and classes are being added during the beta phase, which has no targeted endpoint. VIsually it's amazing and the character waifu creator is every bit as powerful as the videos imply, but the actual game suffers from a lack of identity and has basically nothing to distinguish itself from other MMOs.

TESO was wildly criticized at launch for removing everything good about The Elder Scrolls and being a mostly generic MMO instead. That's not what TES fans wanted, and the sales proved it. Also it somehow took the janky and crummy TES combat and managed to make it worse, which people previously had believed to be impossible.

Wildstar flopped because all the MMO players talk big about how 'hardcore' they are and how they want a 'hardcore' game. Then Wildstar came out and proved that MMO players are all talk. Also it was reportedly buggy as hell all through beta and the first few months and Carbine apparently had no idea how to fix the game until all the players had fled. Now it's going F2P, probably the last gasp. If it's not successful as a F2P, it will probably go the way of Tabula Rasa and City of Heroes. NCSoft are not kind to their MMOs which don't meet a certain criteria of success.

Primus

Then Wildstar came out and proved that MMO players are all talk. Also it was reportedly buggy as hell all through beta and the first few months and Carbine apparently had no idea how to fix the game until all the players had fled.

There were/are a lot of things wrong with Wildstar, the "is it too hardcore for you, cupcake?" was really just the tip of the iceberg, and this is coming from someone who was in the game all the way back in the Friends-and-Family alpha (only to drop it one month after launch).

Wildstar's action-based combat is just terrible compared to TERA. Night and day. For the longest time, the Esper class in Wildstar had most of its combat abilities root you to the ground during casting. So much for all that dodging telegraphs and movement, nope, sorry, you get stuck. I mained a Spellslinger, and aside from my class getting completely revamped three times leading up to launch, half of my main combat abilities also rooted me during cast.

Then you switch over to TERA, and it's bouncing and dodging and fluid chains and the actual monsters showing you telegraphs and not spamming color templates all over the damn battlefield. So much better,

Prototype

Finally got my "A" last night. Dropped from a ravenous basilisk.

Jade dragon get.

Edit.

On the subject of tera real time battles in relation to others... It's no contest imo. Tera is king. Only thing better would be monster hunter imo. In many ways I view tera as monster hunter lite. For an mmo, that's amazing.

Arksy

I'm so sad that I won't be able to take full advantage of this event and came in on at such a late stage. Can you get the letters from any bam? Cause I've fount two Ts so far.

I'm so sad that I won't be able to take full advantage of this event and came in on at such a late stage. Can you get the letters from any bam? Cause I've fount two Ts so far.

Yes, any BAMs, at any level. Higher chances of letters dropping if the BAMs are on equal level to your character.

The event runs until 2/6/2015. There's some chance yet :) But the mount is dirtcheap as is. Around 1.6 to 2k a pop last night.

Arksy

Yes, any BAMs, at any level. Higher chances of letters dropping if the BAMs are on equal level to your character.

The event runs until 2/6/2015. There's some chance yet :) But the mount is dirtcheap as is. Around 1.6 to 2k a pop last night.

I don't think my 30g is going to cut it, haha. Is the mount account wide or just that character only?

Mithos

that sux :( it dropped on me last night when i was vaulting :(

Yeah been testing these few days, the difference is INSANE, I were playing LoT, NT and so on and so forth with 30-60fps constantly (before the server "crash"), currently I'm getting 0-10fps in instances, and having 0-30fps outside, I used to have 30-100fps outside.

Not much I can do ingame anymore, doing the missed yellows atm, but anything in instance it a pure pain.

Edit:
Random game, today the fps never drops below 29/30fps its almost as its locked to run that fps minimum, oh and it runs as high as 100fps today.

Prototype

The new summer event is kinda cool.

Found a flower wreathe and it looks so good on my dark haired archer. She's like snow white!

ShinMaruku

Hada great time today AOE grinding with Bombardment. Just gather up 15 or so mobs, cast it, and then barrage the surivivors if there is enough my willpower is always up there. I LOVE this class.

Prototype

Took a break from arkham Knight to start progress after hitting 65 and getting my idoneal gear.

The wait times were pretty bad so I guess I'll just get my slayer and archer up to 65 in the meantime.

NeOak

For now the only thing to do is go and bet in Bamarama.

Until July 7th when the next content comes out.

Ploid 3.0

I got a lot of free level 58 characters that I doubt are on Tempest Reach, do you think it'll be worth it to relevel to join the gaf guild?

The thing about getting those promotional level boosted characters is that I didn't really know how to play them so I never tried to get into them after a few minutes of messing around. I started a Gunner recently and it's only level 23.

The boosted characters I have are: Slayer, Priest, Mystic, Sorcerer. My slayer is on Ascension Valley. Along with the boosted character they gave us a lot of gold to buy gear and accessories.

Ploid 3.0

New update is out; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkM3HxRJ4U8

Anyone played it yet?

over 10K people right now, playing through Steam. They did a good thing getting exposure on Steam; http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I thought about it, still don't know if I should continue playing on a non gaf server. How are party events in the game. When I did play I mainly soloed stuff.

The Zerker thing didn't interest me. I didn't have one so I wouldn't know what changed for it. It looks like mostly endgame stuff.

Top Bottom