• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

End-game is totally different with and without a good set of friends to socialize and clear dungeons with.

Havent played the new patch. It updated last night my time at 2 am so now Im at work.

I havent gotten a max level zerker either.

NeOak

End-game is totally different with and without a good set of friends to socialize and clear dungeons with.

Havent played the new patch. It updated last night my time at 2 am so now Im at work.

I havent gotten a max level zerker either.

3 people asked me before the patch if i could heal their static.

Had to turn them down because I have class today (still in class x.x)

3 people asked me before the patch if i could heal their static.

Had to turn them down because I have class today (still in class x.x)

Yaaaaaa

I knows this feel well~

Poor statics. People really need to play healer class more. At endgame the proportion is quite severely lopsided.

Have a good day at school :>

Ploid 3.0

My main Tera class was that Mystic, but for solo. I couldn't imagine how I would have to play to heal people with those orbs and such. I suppose I'd be running all over the place to drop it in good spots for melee to pick them up.

I think I'll just delete my classes and head over to the gaf server and see what happens. Pick both healers just in case and do random pick up stuff when needed. I haven't tried Priest but again, Mystic seem like it will be weird healing a group with. I played it as a pet class because I liked Beastmaster/White Mage in FFXI.

Edit: wow I don't have to delete my characters on the other server to make a TR character. 4 character slots!

My main Tera class was that Mystic, but for solo. I couldn't imagine how I would have to play to heal people with those orbs and such. I suppose I'd be running all over the place to drop it in good spots for melee to pick them up.

I think I'll just delete my classes and head over to the gaf server and see what happens. Pick both healers just in case and do random pick up stuff when needed. I haven't tried Priest but again, Mystic seem like it will be weird healing a group with. I played it as a pet class because I liked Beastmaster/White Mage in FFXI.

Edit: wow I don't have to delete my characters on the other server to make a TR character. 4 character slots!

Each server's character slots are independent and separate :)

Mystic is my main and my favourite, but I've sort of betrayed it and play the Priest full time :x Priest is really enjoyable for robust healing, but Mystic will always be where my heart is ;____;

If you do main Mystic, your go-to heal should be the target heal, not the balls. Of course you need to drop the balls everywhere, but you really need to be spot on with your target healing. Mystic also get the boomerang heal now and it heals HEAPS. The only trouble is that it requires the dps to line up closelier if you need to heal a few at once.

and now i've betrayed healing completely with my gunner :D

XD

boom~ boom~ boom~

^_________^

Ploid 3.0

My controller stopped working after I used a ini tweak guide that supposedly improved FPS issues, but I'm kind of happy that I started using the keyboard. I could never get used to hitting buttons 1-0 and F1 - what ever other F# button during combat on keyboards. So what I do is change all hotkeys to q - r +f, z - v, then add in Shift + those buttons including wasd now that I can without having to find other buttons to move around.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game, I noticed they changed around the quest line and it's more simple. For example the first area used to have you going to some other camp surrounded by some 2 headed panther things, this area had the male castanic NPC with the opened turquoise shirt. You later had to climb a tall hill to fight a boss with a lot of adds. Now that Castanic just happens to be around the other NPCs at the middle of the steps.

I really need to try joining a party, but it feels like I don't need to so I just don't bother. I do the same thing in FFXIV, but I really hate FFXIV's party dungeons. I have no clue how the party stuff would be in this. I did solo a dungeon when I played a long time ago not realizing it was a group quest until I started having problems (Mystic). I noticed people asking others why no one wanted to do BOL. I asked what BOL was, level 20 group dungeon apparently. My priest is now over that level with easy solo abilities and I didn't have a clue.

My Priest is doing better solo killing enemies than my Berserker, it's crazy. Berserker have these slow swings though, it kinda locks you in a animation and you just can't move if you started a ability and have to take the hit unless the animation is block cancelable.

Ploid 3.0

I want in on gaf guild too. I moved to that server and I got the hang of the game now.

Berserker is INSANE!!!

I take back what I said about being able to do better solo with a Priest. Zerker really screws massive groups of enemies up. So fun.

Zerkers are a lot of fun 😃 and I think most of their attacks are block cancelable... I haven't gotten one up to max though, kinda left mine at the 40s.

Gunners really is easy mode unlocked. I've sorry of gotten suckered into only doing boomboomboom lately.

Not sure about how active the gaf guild is, but there's a lot of happy and friendly guilds in TR. I'm mostly operating based of my old friends list though.

😃

Glad you both are enjoying the game!!!

Ploid 3.0

Yeah everything is cancelable it seems, but some requires a particular timing for it to be possible.

Finding parties for this BoL thing really is impossible. I just wanted to try it though. You probably don't need to do party stuff through this game I imagine. I just don't want to only know how to do the easy solo stuff and actually do a team role with the classes because I may need to actually do them at a certain point and not know what the heck I'm doing.

Yeah everything is cancelable it seems, but some requires a particular timing for it to be possible.

Finding parties for this BoL thing really is impossible. I just wanted to try it though. You probably don't need to do party stuff through this game I imagine. I just don't want to only know how to do the easy solo stuff and actually do a team role with the classes because I may need to actually do them at a certain point and not know what the heck I'm doing.

Have you try LFGing for BoL? It's not usually that hard to find a BoL party, as far as I remember... Instant matching was also speedy at that level, I think.

Partying is really required at end game. Tera is soloable until end game though 😃

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I used to Party finder thing and selected BoL (the only option for me right now at 23). Next time I'll just stay in searching while I solo exp like FFXIV.

I did join a guy that wanted help killing trees for some reason. He'd train a ton of them and I'd grind them up. He said I killed fast so he wanted to try another spot with instant respawns. I still have no idea what the purpose for the mass killing was. It almost reminded me of classic FFXI exp but I doubt it was that good for exp. Maybe he needed those weapon upgrade things.

FatalT

Banned
I started on the GAF server with my girlfriend and a friend of mine. I have a level 24 Priest that I'm soloing with and playing as a Lancer with the group. We're only up to level 11 with them though. It's really fun so far!

Gunners are great. Previously leveled a slayer and wow. Gunner just makes every content I come across so far lazy mode

= w =

though even though the combat system is praised, it still doesn't feel more "actiony' than VIndictus (though that game suffers a lot of other problems as well as Nexon being the provider).

I started on the GAF server with my girlfriend and a friend of mine. I have a level 24 Priest that I'm soloing with and playing as a Lancer with the group. We're only up to level 11 with them though. It's really fun so far!

Leveling with a lancer is fab! Instant queue in every dungeon! :D

Glad to hear you and your friends are enjoying the game 😊

Any questions, let us know~~~

Gunners are great. Previously leveled a slayer and wow. Gunner just makes every content I come across so far lazy mode

= w =

though even though the combat system is praised, it still doesn't feel more "actiony' than VIndictus (though that game suffers a lot of other problems as well as Nexon being the provider).

Gunners is awesome fun 🎉 I'm so spoilt now after gunner... XD currently leveling my slayer and suddenly I am like why can't I instant victory waaaaaaahh

Hyperbole, of course XD

Ploid 3.0

Oh crap, so I was watching the "Teach Me How To Priest" Tera video and it took me a while to realize the person they were interviewing was a GAF clan member. The clan icon was the neogaf logo, and the clan name seems to be "Believe." Here I am trying to squint to see what crystals he use and it turns out it may be a gaffer. Niiiice!

Finally did BoL, I got a good amount of gear, but I wen in full pretty much. I've been holding on to too many gear crystals and they filled up my inventory. Now I'm going to see which ones are worth holding onto.

My character name is "Elois" if that helps for GAF guild invites.

Oh crap, so I was watching the "Teach Me How To Priest" Tera video and it took me a while to realize the person they were interviewing was a GAF clan member. The clan icon was the neogaf logo, and the clan name seems to be "Believe." Here I am trying to squint to see what crystals he use and it turns out it may be a gaffer. Niiiice!

Finally did BoL, I got a good amount of gear, but I wen in full pretty much. I've been holding on to too many gear crystals and they filled up my inventory. Now I'm going to see which ones are worth holding onto.

That's NeOaK's priest, Serena :> Also the GM of the GAF guild ^____^

Elois is a pretty name!! :D

NeOak

That's NeOaK's priest, Serena :> Also the GM of the GAF guild ^____^

Elois is a pretty name!! :D

Yup, as YesNOnoNOYes said, that's me.

Ploid 3.0

I noticed I had unknown glyphs in front of glyphs I could select and wondered what was going on (I thought they unlocked with level before now that you don't have to buy them from that NPC in the main city anymore). Then I looked up what was the unknown glyph all about, and found out it's bought with currency or something from some very high end dungeons that are not recommended to pug on. It kinda took all motivation from me to continue playing (some of my gunner abilities only have unknown glyphs).

Nopren

Catacombs and Armory, where the glyphs drop are piss easy and very pugable. You're gonna do them anyway on your way to 65, and probably gonna end up with more glyphs than you need.

zugzug

do we know if Tonka left of his own or was pushed out as in his position was elminated?
or why they haven't hired a new person to fill tonka's role?

Tonka and Minea are tweeting up a storm to each other still.

NeOak

do we know if Tonka left of his own or was pushed out as in his position was elminated?
or why they haven't hired a new person to fill tonka's role?

Tonka and Minea are tweeting up a storm to each other still.

They were looking for someone to replace him before that, preferably that spoke Korean too.

For what I know, he was offered a new job in IT in a different company.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I started playing this on lake of tears over the weekend, got a 32 warrior and then I convinced a friend to play and I rerolled 15 Gunner.

The only questions I have really are, how long does it take to hit 65? Because at this rate it looks like maybe a week and then the weekend to cap out.

And then of course what does end game look like? Like what do you do once you hit cap?
Rep farming?
Dungeon Grinding?

How much of it is doable in a small group and how much of it requires a guild? Also I'm a huge pvper is the pvp much fun I havent tried it out yet...except for the time I got ganked leaving lumbertown.

If anyone plays on Lake of Tears feel free to add me in game name is Drilling and my gunner is
Fullweeb because that's how I felt playing a female castanic, but the class is so much funnnnnn

Game is super fun, really enjoying it!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea game seems dead to gaf but actual numbers are high, considering its blocked on eu this game pulls over 7k activate on steam, which is higher than most other mmos like poe etc on steam, and thats without eu players (im one of them :D )

ShinMaruku

Dead on Gaf but it looks more active than ever. Also constantly on top 4 online games by revenue. I love this game. I just need time to level out my gunner and sorcerer.

I freaking loved this game at launch, for a few months but stuff happened and I couldn't play it anymore.

Now I'm able to play it again so I'm currently downloading it...will just need some time to actually play after work.

I loved playing as an archer and after that as a slayer. But I think I'll just start over from level 1 with a gunner because it's been so much time since last time I played.

janoDX

My brother heard a rumor about Tera closing something due to revenue, I just said "what?, Tera is one of the highest revenues of online gaming now" I find it weird, any info on that or it's a full fake?

NeOak

My brother heard a rumor about Tera closing something due to revenue, I just said "what?, Tera is one of the highest revenues of online gaming now" I find it weird, any info on that or it's a full fake?

NHS isn't renewing their publishing deal with BHS.

It isn't closing, just changing publishers.

yaffi

I know this thread is kinda dead, but I need to vent a bit.

I recently got back into the game and reached the part where they
kill off Zolyn and Paesyn

God damn it I have no idea if the characters appeared earlier or if they were important before, since I took a very very long break from the game. But I in the few days I spend together with them I really came to like those two.

Honestly, they raised death flags left and right and the plot developed like one hell of cliché, but not like this.

I really hate when stuff like this happens. :(

God damn it I have no idea if the characters appeared earlier or if they were important before, since I took a very very long break from the game. But I in the few days I spend together with them I really came to like those two.

Honestly, they raised death flags left and right and the plot developed like one hell of cliché, but not like this.

Woh. They were so annoying to me. I was glad when that story was over.

NeOak

Oh man, I used to spam the portrait in chat and someone always got butthurt about it lol

Top Bottom