• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FINAL Daily Show with Jon Stewart - a thread had to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Jon.

Thank you for the hard work you put in for the last 16 years.

Enjoy being out of the spotlight for a while. You earned it.

DarkKyo

Amazing last show. It's been a really hard year saying goodbye to timeless television personalities. Thankfully we have Stephen to look forward to shortly.

Takashi

Perfect finale. Many thanks to Jon, the correspondents, and everyone else involved in The Daily Show for all the fun times.

Been watching Stewart's Daily Show since it started at the end of grade school and through the development of my entire adult life. Kind of hard to even process it being over.

Looking forward to Noah. I hope it's good, and more importantly, I hope people give it a shot. It's not hard to imagine this sticking around and becoming one of the great TV institutions with cycling hosts for years to come.

justjim89

Chris Hardwick, "I'm used to appearing after shows where people lose they're favorite characters."

That's great. Hardwick is a treasure.

Fugu

Ah, I'm sad. This show changed my life, simple as that. I'm not the type to believe that the void left by Jon will readily be filled. Indeed, I'm not sure how to imagine such a thing considering I've been watching the show since the early Bush years, a time period encompassing more than half of my life.

On the comedy network in Canada Jon's show is being followed by Trevor Noah's African American special. I've seen it already on Netflix its pretty good.

gabbo

It's going to be weird I've been watching him at 11pm (or the next morning online) for over half my life. Hopefully Noah does a good job.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gonna miss all this Republican craziness. Trevor's do or die moment will be indecision 2016.

That's if he calls it that. Honestly, I hope he does his own thing while keeping Stewart's "idea" alive. He shouldn't be an also-ran. I think that's what Jon didn't want in picking him out.

thoseAREmySHOES said:
And just like that, a legend is gone :(

Colbert's heartfelt thank you speech was really, really well done.

Indeed. Though I think Colbert's final episode was better done, probably because he was a character. More than a "huge farewell party" that Stewart had.

Toothless

Good finale. Really liked the correspondents conga line and then Colbert's thank you speech; everything else kinda paled in comparison. Still it was good; not as emotional as Colbert Report's to me oddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom