• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Rihanna's tweet instantly made me like her more, then I read the rest of her tweets and liked her less.

Twitter is one of the things that makes me like Rihanna. I like how candid she is. Does not give a fuck about putting up an image. And, it must be said again, do NOT come for her on Twitter. I mean...

uzUpi.png

DAMN...

Bladenic

HOLY SHIT seriously? Damn Rihanna shading Ciara is hilarious. I didn't think such drama existed haha. Poor Ciara, I remember when Goodies came out she was constantly at the top of the charts.

Oh, and I'm currently listening to Ours by Taylor. I'm embarrassed and ashamed, but it's so catchy...

Styles

HOLY SHIT seriously? Damn Rihanna shading Ciara is hilarious. I didn't think such drama existed haha. Poor Ciara, I remember when Goodies came out she was constantly at the top of the charts.

Oh, and I'm currently listening to Ours by Taylor. I'm embarrassed and ashamed, but it's so catchy...

Enchanted is the highlight, if you haven't already.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
pop thread how come a washed up queen like george michael has such a hot boyfriend

article-2102148-11C44388000005DC-810_634x441.jpg

this just isn't fair at all

Nemesis_

Hmmm. I am still listening to Robyn. I don't think it's wise to listen to an album once and the judge it. I've listened to Robyn all day today in my car and at home. My rankings have slightly changed.

OLD

1lM0w.jpg

NEW

8lZdd.jpg

I think this is how it's going to stay, to be honest.

I really don't get the whole Body Talk thing. Should I listen to Body Talk or the two "parts" instead? It's so confusing ;_;

Robyn Is Here is now in the trash. I've kept two tracks, purely for nostalgic value. Everything else. uggh. So dated. Sorry Ryan =P

There are some tracks that appeared on the individual Body Talk EPs that are essential (the acoustic version of Hang with Me, the acoustic version of Indestructible, etc), so you can and should listen to them all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You're still not listening to Be Mine! or Eclipse properly, apparently. But you've got plenty of time to learn how to.

Anyway, so Body Talk. Start with Body Talk (the one with 15 tracks) then add, from Body Talk pt. 1:

Cry When You Get Older
Hang With Me - Acoustic

and from pt. 2:

Include Me Out
Criminal Intent
Indestructible - Acoustic

You'll then have all of the songs from the entire Body Talk release period*. Then listen to them on shuffle.

Alternatively, just listen to Body Talk pt. 1, Body Talk pt. 2 and Body Talk pt. 3 separately.

*Except for Jag Vet En Dejlig Rosa, but that's a recording of a nursery rhyme which wasn't originally made for Body Talk.

Koodo

Banned
That reminds me, Koodo dear, will you be playing MK7 again after they patch it? I haven't played it in an age, but no cheating has me EXCITED.
I don't know, the patch won't improve things much for me. People usually didn't pick the Makas when I went WW. They need to fix the crummy community feature instead, GAF KART DIED because it was so terrible.

Are...are you objecting to my calling George Michael a washed up queen?
I'm just wondering if you're hungry dear.

2Chy2.jpg

I don't know, the patch won't improve things much for me. People usually didn't pick the Makas when I went WW. They need to fix the crummy community feature instead, GAF KART DIED because it was so terrible.

Hmm how unfortunate.

Was looking forward to facing off against CANADA'S QUICKEST RIDE again.

George Michael shades now? For shame. He is a god among gays.

He's been ill you ungrateful whores ;_;

Pho, I haven't played MK7 since some I saw 4 a-holes abusing Maka Wuhu in a single race. Disgusting. I may pick it up again when it gets patched.

ADELE defeats Gaga and Madonna by sitting on top of them.

article-1335169424714-12B9455B000005DC-345846_466x349.jpg

What will happen to her music when she finds happiness? Will it all be over then?

I sincerely wonder what the records labels are thinking about her unbelievable sales. Are they gonna start pushing for more organic artists? I think she makes a nice balance to the rest of the music that's out there right now.

Clearly there is a demand that is not being met. It could mean a return to ballads. That's not so bad. Watch Gaga take on her piano hardcore in the next album attempting to become Adele-lite.

I remember when Adele was lumped in with Duffy and Gabriella Cilmi and was being called one of the "new Amys" (R.I.P. OG Amy).

How far she's come...

Bladenic

Duffy still exists? I can only imagine how salty she is over Adele's success.

Oh and that Enchanted song is good, but I can't stop listening to Ours.. I had the same problem with Mean and Story of Us.

Icicle

Just wanted to chime in and say that following this thread has been a life-changing experience. A few months ago, I did not understand this culture of "stanning," but I now recognize how much talent it takes to throw shade or snatch a wig properly. Although I am young, and my collection of .gifs is still small, I aspire to be as reductive as some of the badder bitches in this thread. I hope someday people will begin to recognize stanning for the beautiful art form that it is.

Love all you gurls, stay pressed forever!

AsWYI.gif

Bladenic

Just wanted to chime in and say that following this thread has been a life-changing experience. A few months ago, I did not understand this culture of "stanning," but I now recognize how much talent it takes to throw shade or snatch a wig properly. Although I am young, and my collection of .gifs is still small, I aspire to be as reductive as some of the badder bitches in this thread. I hope someday people will begin to recognize stanning for the beautiful art form that it is.

AsWYI.gif

Sasha Grey is incredibly hot and cute. Loved her appearance on Entourage. Doesn't she have a band or something? I'm sure she's snatching someone's wig on some chart lolol

http://i.imgur.com/AsWYI.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Your Janet stanning was immaculate. Bad bitch!

Icicle

Sasha Grey is incredibly hot and cute. Loved her appearance on Entourage. Doesn't she have a band or something? I'm sure she's snatching someone's wig on some chart lolol

Sasha Grey is the best, I'm glad you think so too. However, her band, aTelecine, produces 'experimental music' which literally sounds like the soundtrack to Hell. Not cute at all. I stan for all of her other works, though. If you liked her in Entourage, check out the movie "The Girlfriend Experience," which she stars in. She's also in "I Melt With You," but in a fairly minor role. Her next upcoming mainstream movie is a horror movie called "Would You Rather" with Brittany Snow.

Youtube Trailer for "Would You Rather"

Your Janet stanning was immaculate. Bad bitch!

vyJYd.gif

This. All time best. So fun. I like Janet too :O

Just don't tell Pho
lakitu.gif

You gurls are far too kind. I deeply regret not being able to continue that war, but school and sickness got the best of me. MDNA's sales collapse, however...

Ukx3H.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom