• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a good song. All you need is a stunning face, a sickening video, a cameo or two, a rumor, and your own section on Google Image Search and you got a top 10 on Billboard.

Go Kim K!

Oh my goodness, somebody join me at http://www.livestream.com/kellyclarkson for her live chat!

Where's that one other Kelly stan?!?

Okay then. Dis live chat has been a disastuh with these technical difficulties LOL.

New info
- What Doesn't Kill You made the album, and will probably be a single. (!!!!)
- Kelly wrote the melody and lyrics for You Love Me. (Could this be the leak "Dark Side"? Will you love me, even with my dark side? It's my favorite leak so I would be thrilled!)
- Kelly would love to duet with Adele and Miranda Lambert.
- The Stronger tracklisting is undecided, will be released around the time the album is released.
- The standard 13 tracks are pretty much decided, but not the deluxe/bonus track stuff.
- The Mr. Know It All video is different from anything she has done before.
- Kelly wrote half of the album.
- Kelly's vocals are less processed on Stronger.
- Kelly and Chris Daughtry recorded a duet, but it will not make the album.
- A duet will make the album, and the female singer on the duet is somewhat affiliated with Idol. (Probably Floppy Diogaurdi)

Also, Mr. Know it All has finally been officially released. lawl.

That's Hot. My fave was The Scott Storch produced "Turn it Up"

2d1pvua-1.gif

Kyon

Banned
Koodo said:
The only miracle good song to have come out from a reality star has been:

IDGAF, this was my jam.

THE QUEEN! OMG
bow.gif

Heidi Montag had some cute songs tho, too bad she's so irrelavent, she should leave spencer and get a new look and then id consider stanning for her
Zw3dO.gif

I love Lykkie Li. Wounded Rhymes was one of my albums of the summer
it was very nice because it reminded me of winter.
Love Out of Lust is my shit

Kyon

Banned
^^^^^^^ You know Barb has the most number 1 albums of any female artist right? like 2 more than Madonna. i think she has 10, Madonna has 8, Janet Mariah and Brit have 7 and Bey has 4.

Koodo

Banned
She's truly the only "B" that could be called a Queen.
11uyi4o.jpg

Edit:
Did I just indadvertedly shaded my own Godney? #oop

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Hope Jojo can make a come back proper. I seem to remember liking her back when she was on last.

Also, moar smileys.

Delio

Why have i started to stan for Selena Gomez? Ah well she sends you all love even if you passed her over.

tumblr_lqqlddMU201qjn4ffo1_500.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Delio said:
Why have i started to stan for Selena Gomez? Ah well she sends you all love even if you passed her over.

Naturally, Who Says, So Sick of You, and Love You Like a Love Song are my faves

Also this album recently released, and after his One Love album and his latest single I must give it a listen

David-Guetta-Nothing-But-The-Beat.jpg

daffy

Banned
lulz, maybe if you guys weren't so catty this thread would have more posts.

no offense, but uh you boyfriends piss and diss more than girlfriends ;D

Sai-kun

Banned
FTH said:
lulz, maybe if you guys weren't so catty this thread would have more posts.

no offense, but uh you boyfriends piss and diss more than girlfriends ;D

We're already on page 2 in just about 2 days? Not sure why you care about the post count here.

yGY8j.jpg

daffy

Banned
Oh, I don't care. Just an observation about popGAF. Can't really claim diversity or rising talent when you shoot down people's taste in music.

I'm just a bird that's already flown away.

Koodo

Banned
FTH said:
Oh, I don't care. Just an observation about popGAF. Can't really claim diversity or rising talent when you shoot down people's taste in music.

Darling, Jessie J shot herself down.

21awmkl.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
FTH said:

We're claiming it ironically.

lmao forever at floppie J

Delio

Marius_ said:
Naturally, Who Says, So Sick of You, and Love You Like a Love Song are my faves

Also this album recently released, and after his One Love album and his latest single I must give it a listen

David-Guetta-Nothing-But-The-Beat.jpg

I love We own the night as well. Of course she is not as big as the women here but i love her.

daffy

Banned
Not today
Not today
Not today

lol at the same truffles that probably praised Britbrat when she won the MTV Guardian award in here dissing Blessed J's vocal prowess/ovary swag.

staymad.gif

Koodo

Banned
FTH said:
Not today
Not today
Not today

lol at the same truffles that probably praised Britbrat when she won the MTV Guardian award in here dissing Blessed J's vocal prowess/ovary swag.

staymad.gif
Blessed?

2mg2wir.jpg

lol
11uyi4o.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
FTH said:
Not today
Not today
Not today

staymad.gif

mcmhA.gif

There we go, now you've got the right idea, gerl.

Welcome to the pop brigade. And you thought we were catty :lol

Kyon

Banned
FTH said:
Not today
Not today
Not today

staymad.gif
congrats gurl! you are now a member of Pop/StanGaf. keep it coming :p

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Peru knows the score: Jhene Aiko is deserving of some fame if/when she gets an album officially released. Until then, there's her free Sailing Souls mixtape and the stellar follow-up single "Snapped." Teedra Moses' Luxurious Undergrind mixtape is reeeal nice, too.

The-Dream (one of the best producers around right now) tossed out a pretty good free album today: 1977

I'm a big supporter of Clare Maguire this year. She's not going to be huge (yet) but I definitely dig the way she balances the anthemic and emotional, and she's got an awesomely mature self-assuredness that kind of reminds me of Cher in her heyday: "The Shield and the Sword," "The Last Dance," "Ain't Nobody"

Euro girlies are a dime a dozen, and I still like so many of them: Katy B (one of the current best), Lily McKenzie (only a few songs, but she has potential), Rachel Stevens (if only for "Some Girls," the best Girls Aloud song that never was), Danish singer Medina is decent... Sally Shapiro is one of the better pop/nu-disco acts and the Johan Agebjorn album, Casablanca Nights, she contributed to this year is stellar. Sally Seltmann (who helped write Feist's "1 2 3 4") had one of the nicest little pop heart-warmers last year with "Heart That's Pounding" and she's now doing a trio with Sarah Blasko and Holly Throsby called Seeker Lover Keeper which sounds like puppies and kittens kissing.

And of coooourse, no pop discussion in 2011 is complete without MR. SAXOBEAT, WOOOO.

SecretMoblin said:
I reintroduce to the thread the only good song Madonna ever released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI&ob=av2n

This wildly inaccurate comment has me actually seething with rage right now.

daffy

Banned
Yep that's her. While you all were wrapped up in bed with skim milk and iPad2s' live sexting GAF, she was out there with a broken leg belting for 2hrs. Pretty godlike!

She even finished la tour with those injuries so kaboom. I know it sucks that she's so awesome.

Who'sLaughingNow.gif !

Koodo

Banned
Cosmic Bus said:
Peru knows the score: Jhene Aiko is deserving of some fame if/when she gets an album officially released. Until then, there's her free Sailing Souls mixtape and the stellar follow-up single "Snapped." Teedra Moses' Luxurious Undergrind mixtape is reeeal nice, too.

The-Dream (one of the best producers around right now) tossed out a pretty good free album today: 1977

I'm a big supporter of Clare Maguire this year. She's not going to be huge (yet) but I definitely dig the way she balances the anthemic and emotional, and she's got an awesomely mature self-assuredness that kind of reminds me of Cher in her heyday: "The Shield and the Sword," "The Last Dance," "Ain't Nobody"

Euro girlies are a dime a dozen, and I still like so many of them: Katy B (one of the current best), Lily McKenzie (only a few songs, but she has potential), Rachel Stevens (if only for "Some Girls," the best Girls Aloud song that never was), Danish singer Medina is decent... Sally Shapiro is one of the better pop/nu-disco acts and the Johan Agebjorn album, Casablanca Nights, she contributed to this year is stellar. Sally Seltmann (who helped write Feist's "1 2 3 4") had one of the nicest little pop heart-warmers last year with "Heart That's Pounding" and she's now doing a trio with Sarah Blasko and Holly Throsby called Seeker Lover Keeper which sounds like puppies and kittens kissing.

And of coooourse, no pop discussion in 2011 is complete without MR. SAXOBEAT, WOOOO.
Combing through this post right now but just letting you know that I flooded the room with tears after Maguire's "Last Dance."

b4titi.jpg

FTH said:
Who'sLaughingNow.gif !
156rdoh.jpg

daffy

Banned
:x im going to bed you penisi, I'll return tomorrow with Jesus J discussion. I expect a section for her in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom