• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show the GOOD GRACE that your fave wont and drop the DELUSIONS tbh.

Glad you have opinions sis. My post wasn't meant to change your mind. You just happened to be the last one to say something on the subject. Im sorry to say however that I know nothing of you fave. Much like LESSOR SISTERS she doesn't seem to get much notice outside of a small niche.

The problem for me with Madonna is that, yeah, while she is in the golden years of her career and can do whatever she wants and still have the adoration she spent that last few decades building up, SHE doesn't seem to want to be ok with that.

I see what you're saying. Basically it boils down to: she should act her age and quit trying to be hip and get with the kids. I guess that's because she's old. And she should know her place. So basically conform. Gotcha. I'm sure she'll get right on it any day now.

I'd still go see her LIVE sis. Doesn't make the ALBUM any good.

So her tour is a "greatest hits" tour full of songs that you clearly label as garbage. But you'd still go see her live. Makes sense.

fDzH5.gif

Wb sis, you always make me laugh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Glad you have opinions sis. My post wasn't meant to change your mind. You just happened to be the last one to say something on the subject. Im sorry to say however that I know nothing of you fave. Much like LESSOR SISTERS she doesn't seem to get much notice outside of a small niche.
Which of my pantheon of faves are you even trying to shade? Idek.

So her tour is a "greatest hits" tour full of songs that you clearly label as garbage. But you'd still go see her live. Makes sense.

Of course I want to see her GH tour. Who wouldnt? I'll just remember to take my earplug for anything she plays from MDOA.

Which of my pantheon of faves are you even trying to shade? Idek.

The one u mentioned. Hew again?

Of course I want to see her GH tour. Who wouldnt? I'll just remember to take my earplug for anything she plays from MDOA.

I'm sure u will sis. XOXO

Kyon, Koodo and Pho should by all rights be part of the OT no? I mean, their STANNING is consistently FLAWLESS. Founding Sisters and all. Good job all around.

royalan

I see what you're saying. Basically it boils down to: she should act her age and quit trying to be hip and get with the kids. I guess that's because she's old. And she should know her place. So basically conform. Gotcha. I'm sure she'll get right on it any day now.

That wasn't my point. Like, not even remotely. Madge stans need to stop labeling every Madonna criticism as an insult to her age. Age has nothing to do with the Shitty quality of her music.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That wasn't my point. Like, not even remotely.

Sis don't even bother trying to educate Hag stans. They will take anything you say and assume it is a comment about how she is too old. Talk about PRESSED.

The one u mentioned. Hew again?

Robyn? TBH I'm kind of glad that she's never made it massive because then I wouldn't be able to see her for £30, get to the barrier and bask in the glory of the freshest most exciting pop music of the last decade. It's just too exciting for the majority of the public.

I'm sure u will sis. XOXO

I'm not going to pay £120 to see a concert where there's a risk of hearing Superstar though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How in sweet fuck is Xtina supposed to have snatched the wigs of gerls whose careers have flourished AFTER her most recent...effort.

Xtincta is the most basic bitch in the game. She's had her wig snatched by so many superiors that I'm surprised Daniel Tosh hasn't made a joke about it.

Aguila

#ICONIC
uff, Florence is about to slay the UK charts with Spectrum.

iEeVjcNJlKxs3.gif

Rightly so. Now, if only the rest of the world could appreciate her glowing vajajay amazing music.

ibni0G4AfX6c1l.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not true. And, besides that, the Gaga stans are going to have to accept Madonna's superior tour numbers if we're counting tour receipts.

Touring is either relevant or it isn't. Can't have it both ways.

Sis it doesn't count to have gone from stadiums to a chair in four years. It's only good if it's UPWARDS.

Besides which I don't think Gaga stans ever disputed Madge's superior numbers. They only ever pointed out that to go from bars to stadiums in four years is slayage on a global scale.

iEeVjcNJlKxs3.gif

Rightly so. Now, if only the rest of the world could appreciate her glowing vajajay amazing music.

ibni0G4AfX6c1l.gif

Sis I can feel myself changing...turning...into a Florence stan.

#Slaytrum

Sai-kun

Banned

iEeVjcNJlKxs3.gif

ibni0G4AfX6c1l.gif

Her hair in that video is spectacular.

She also goes from looking kinda creepy/way too gaunt, to just looking incredibly sexy. I can't quite grasp it but god damn, she is attractive.

Also Spectrum is HANDS DOWN the best track on Ceremonials. It's unreal to hear live, as well. I've got the Spectrum 12" LP headed to my house soon :) Can't wait for it.

Ceremonials Tier List:

Perfection:
Spectrum
Strangeness and Charm
Only If For A Night
No Light, No Light

Amazing:
Lover to Lover
What the Water Gave Me
Never Let Me Go
Shake It Out
Heartlines
Seven Devils
Bedroom Hymns

Really Fucking Good
Leave My Body
Remain Nameless
All This and Heaven Too
Breaking Down

Should Have Actually Been On The Album
Landscape

Cynosure

How in sweet fuck is Xtina supposed to have snatched the wigs of gerls whose careers have flourished AFTER her most recent...effort.

it's a cute pic., must you take everything so literally?
your hatred for her leaves no room for playfulness

besides, I can argue that Xtina rightfully holds the title for still being able perform circles around her competition.
Those 3 wigs' previous owners could never.

tumblr_m6egawTevN1qmtldn.gif

She's had her wig snatched by so many superiors that I'm surprised Daniel Tosh hasn't made a joke about it.

careful where you go with this
If I can get 3 week ban for posting the equivalent of fully armored video game characters teabagging, who knows how long your tongue-in-cheek reference could get you

iscdVkvEW12vL.gif

Trigger

Not true. And, besides that, the Gaga stans are going to have to accept Madonna's superior tour numbers if we're counting tour receipts.

Touring is either relevant or it isn't. Can't have it both ways.

Madonna's got a lot of old material to tour on. I'll certainly admit that she'll draw more ticket sales, but her ability to actually chart anymore is gone. The current Madonna isn't even trying with MDNA.

Mau ®

I have the full Ceremonials on my iPhone but I have never heard it in its entirety. Once I listen to Shake It Out I just press repeat *.*

royalan

Sis it doesn't count to have gone from stadiums to a chair in four years. It's only good if it's UPWARDS.

Besides which I don't think Gaga stans ever disputed Madge's superior numbers. They only ever pointed out that to go from bars to stadiums in four years is slayage on a global scale.

Still, this is an interesting question to explore. HEW is sitting on the Iron Throne of relevancy at the moment? Surely, it's not my fave...but it ain't Gaga, who's really not that visible right now despite being on tour.

Adele just vacated the throne.

Brit? Nope.

Face it yall. Carly is the current it-girl.

Sai-kun

Banned
I have the full Ceremonials on my iPhone but I have never heard it in its entirety. Once I listen to Shake It Out I just press repeat *.*

Ceremonials is an absolutely fantastic album, although some would argue that it peaks in the first 4 songs. I don't agree, but the combination of Only If For A Night, Shake It Out, Water, and Never Let Me Go are in simply fantastic order. For real.

can't wait to get my hands on dis

421550_10150948825344166_1961565049_n.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Still, this is an interesting question to explore. HEW is sitting on the Iron Throne of relevancy at the moment? Surely, it's not my fave...but it ain't Gaga, who's really not that visible right now despite being on tour.

Brit? Nope.

If this is true, I'm giving up on pop.

Cynosis: Sorry sis if I come on too BITCHY.

tumblr_m0ktqhfwdf1qg0kyk7o.gif

Mau ®

Brit? Nope.

As far as pop gurls go, right now its a toss off between Carly and Katy. Both slaying hard with their respective singles.

It'll be interesting to see who will dominate the upcoming months tbh. It could be Carly for all we know. She's got that Owl City collabo which is doing quite well and a new single for her new album.

But there's also Mariah, Nicki, Ke$ha, Xtina and GaGa. I dont have an attachment to any of those gurls, so whoever flops or wins I'll just sit back and enjoy.

Unless Rihanna does release an album/single soon, like the rumors say. Then I'll have to prepare for the battle.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Sis I can feel myself changing...turning...into a Florence stan.

#Slaytrum

Yas, let her radiancy shine down upon you!

i5oVAfHgxmwtS.gif

Her hair in that video is spectacular.

She also goes from looking kinda creepy/way too gaunt, to just looking incredibly sexy. I can't quite grasp it but god damn, she is attractive.

Also Spectrum is HANDS DOWN the best track on Ceremonials. It's unreal to hear live, as well. I've got the Spectrum 12" LP headed to my house soon :) Can't wait for it.

Ceremonials Tier List:

Perfection:
Spectrum
Strangeness and Charm
Only If For A Night
No Light, No Light

Amazing:
Lover to Lover
What the Water Gave Me
Never Let Me Go
Shake It Out
Heartlines
Seven Devils
Bedroom Hymns

Really Fucking Good
Leave My Body
Remain Nameless
All This and Heaven Too
Breaking Down

Landscape

Unfortunately, I got the regular album. I need to go listen to the other songs. Here's my list based on your rankings:

Perfection
What the Water Gave Me
Breaking Down
No Light, No Light
Heartlines
Spectrum
All This and Heaven Too

Amazing
Only if For A Night
Shake it Out
Never Let Me Go

Really Fucking Good
Seven Devils
Leave My Body
Lover To Lover

Artemisia

Banned
oh cool we're stanning florence now

Ceremonials is a flawless album and my favorite from 2011. It shat on everyone else's efforts to tell the truth.

I guess I'll post my ceremonials tier list
kiss.gif

The †rini†y:
What The Water Gave Me
Shake It out
Never Let Me Go

Great:
Heartlines
No Light, No Light
Seven Devils

Good:
Only If For A Night
Lover To Lover
Leave My Body

OK:
Spectrum (that's right)
And All This And Heaven Too

Vomit:
Breaking Down

LANA DEL REY has always given me it-girl 2012 vibes. Doesn't she have the best selling 2012 album worldwide of any pop girl?

Pretty sure that's adele.

Again.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Google Search news:

Lady Gaga - About 438,000 results (0.14 seconds)
Carly Rae Jepsen - About 43,900 results (0.27 seconds)

now what was this about relevancy?
iscdVkvEW12vL.gif

Mumei

She was going for a current and creatively relevant album, and then she half-assed it. That was the criticism, not her age.

Yes to the Florence love in this thread. :) 'Never Let Me Go' is my absolute fave. The only tracks I don't like are 'Lover to Lover' since I'm not promiscuous, and 'Seven Devils' because it's too demonic for my tastes.

Landscape
I didn't even know this song existed. I'm such a bad stan. :/

yesss go lights go
Should be #1, tbh.

Google Search news:

Lady Gaga - About 438,000 results (0.14 seconds)
Carly Rae Jepsen - About 43,900 results (0.27 seconds)

now what was this about relevancy?
iscdVkvEW12vL.gif
I'm hoping Carly Rae will be a one hit wonder.

tumblr_lsbr1a9yVz1qgrpd8.gif

Girl, I refuse.

Satch

Banned
Yes to the Florence love in this thread. :) 'Never Let Me Go' is my absolute fave. The only tracks I don't like are 'Lover to Lover' since I'm not promiscuous, and 'Seven Devils' because it's too demonic for my tastes.

why is this so damn funny

i have tears in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom