• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Carly just gave a free concert here. That's how much she's worth.

mete.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Carly is just a fad that no one is checking for except bandwagonners. Taylor Swift will show her later this year how to make a sweet bubblegum song and remain relevant

mete.gif

royalan

Taylor Swift has had a Top 10 single every year since 2008, and by herself.

Carly has the biggest international single right now, and probably more international relevance off that one single than Swift will have in her entire career. She's got nothing to learn from Tiny Tim Swift.

Majmun

Carly's 15 minutes are almost over, though. Taylor is here to stay, as much as that pains me to say.

Carly has one-hit-wonder written all over her stupid forehead tbh

Christopher

Hasn't Rihanna too ko? Yuck. Anyway I'm sill standing for Carley. I think someone fresh out of no where to make such a huge impact with such a clean unique sound deserves some love. We haven't seen Kesha go away and we thought shed be gone after tick tok. Download Carly's ep it's not bad it's a fun listen

Koodo

Banned
Carly has the biggest international single right now, and probably more international relevance off that one single than Xtincta will have in her entire career.
INDEED.

Meanwhile, Squints remains unbothered with multi-platinum albums and stadium sell-outs.

... and fucking hotter men.

BqUNj.gif

We haven't seen Kesha go away
Ctrl+F "Kesha's career" and it's nowhere to be found but on a sidewalk over a puddle of urine.

Majmun

Just wiki'd Carly. Wtf, she's 26 years old?????? I thought se was 17, or something like that.

And she already had a debut FLOP album. Don't think any Taylor album flopped.

Nah, can't compare Carly to Taylor. Really not.

Majmun

Second as a b stand what did you think of 4 was that her bionic?

4 is a great album. Bee just didn't promote it well enough. But the actual content is fantastic.

Bionic is mediocre in all fronts.

4 may be a flop, but it's a massive succes compared to Bionic.

And I think someone over at the real pic thread already resized your sexy pic.

royalan

INDEED.

Meanwhile, Squints remains unbothered with multi-platinum albums and stadium sell-outs.

... and fucking hotter men.

BqUNj.gif

Ctrl+F "Kesha's career" and it's nowhere to be found but on a sidewalk over a puddle of urine.

You can change my words if you want but where was the lie, Boo? You know as well as I do that Swift still lies in that hopeless place most US Country acts occupy. Namely, neaux1 outside the US curr.

Carly could be a one hit wonder, but if she makes it over that hump she's already set up to be a much more successful international artist than Swift could ever be.

Koodo

Banned
Carly could be a one hit wonder, but if she makes it over that hump she's already set up to be a much more successful international artist than Swift could ever be.
A big IF that, at present time, leaves any other artist UNBOTHERED.

Call me (MAYBE) when there are valid receipts.

Christopher

Gracias ko <3. Second I just saw it - it didn't show up on my iPhone correctly like this one does.

Wait till curiosity comes to the US though I dunno I think the Wanteds second single flopped :(

Kyon

Banned
Gracias ko <3. Second I just saw it - it didn't show up on my iPhone correctly like this one does.

Wait till curiosity comes to the US though I dunno I think the Wanteds second single flopped :(

it did I think but they did have the song o. the Ice Age OST and they made an ice age version of it too :)

Majmun

Well, Vanilla Ice also had a huge international hit.

I can name a dozen other artists who had one or two international hitsingles, but then dissolved into thin air afterwards.

Something tells me Carly won't stay relevant for too long. Maybe she'll continue her life as an obscure celebrity in her homeland, but other than that? Nah, don't see it.

Artemisia

Banned
Something tells me Carly won't stay relevant for too long. Maybe she'll continue her life as an obscure celebrity in her homeland, but other than that? Nah, don't see it.

Her album may debut in the top 5 and she'll be at the Grammys (may even get nominated), but she'll vaporize by next year.

royalan

Well, Vanilla Ice also had a huge international hit.

I can name a dozen other artists who had one or two international hitsingles, but then dissolved into thin air afterwards.

People said the same thing about Katy Perry and "I Kissed A Girl"...

SaintZ

Carly is harmless and I also think she will become a One Hit Wonder. That being said, I just can't stop listening to Good Time ;___;

Curiosity is a bland song though.

I hesitate to label anything a one-hit wonder anymore after the pleasant surprise of Rihanna's career and the unpleasant surprise of Katy's. Part of me hopes that Carly will be a one-hit wonder because sometimes those popstars are remembered more fondly than the resilient parasites who keep going on past their expiration date.

Majmun

Any of you actually went to see Part of Meh? Bah, won't even watch when it hits the cable.

I still don't get why there's a movie about Perra. But judging by the flopping of it, other people are wondering as well...

The pictures with the empty theatres are hilarous.

Mau ®

LOL Britney also did a FREE concert in Mexico last year. Lets not forget people thought and wished poor Brit would become a one hit wonder. Thankfully she went on to become one of the biggest pop icons of our time.

There's nothing wrong with giving free concerts, especially when you're early in the game.

Im sorry baboons. But Carly is the real deal. She's now under Beiber team. They wont let her go without a fight. Ya'll gonna have to start dealing.

ALSO, Roy did raise a valid point. Touring is hardly PROOF of relevance and certainly shouldnt be taken as a big receipt for anything other than Forbes bets. Otherwise acts like the Rolling Stones, U2 & Springsteen would be seen as HIGHLY RELEVANT and they're not. They're legendary acts who command respect. But they're not relevant in the current scene. If we're looking for MUSIC relevance, we should stick to
5kls2f.jpg
CHARTS CHARTS CHARTS
5kls2f.jpg

Cynosure

I hesitate to label anything a one-hit wonder anymore after the pleasant surprise of Rihanna's career and the unpleasant surprise of Katy's. Part of me hopes that Carly will be a one-hit wonder because sometimes those popstars are remembered more fondly than the resilient parasites who keep going on past their expiration date.

rjsEg.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

I agree, sometimes I wake up wondering why we still have Kelly Clarkson

gret.gif

I agree, sometimes I wake up wondering why we still have Kelly Clarkson
Because she's the hero that pop music deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt ha... because she can take it... because she's not a hero... she's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom