• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad FUN Fact: If Rihanna releases a new single sometime soon, she would effectively have gone through 4 ERAS while Katy went through ONE.

Rated R
LOUD
TTT
New One

All taking place during the Teenage Dream era.

#Navy

Which will be looked back on more fondly than "just another Rihanna song".

All this shit about "eras" is garbage that has been honed to perfection in the Asian music industry (and done better). A new album doesn't have to land with a new personality for it to be noteworthy, but I guess Madonna's legacy lives on in a diluted form amongst the lessers.

So we got Calvin Harris, Guetta, RedOne, Labrinth and this guy. Seems like she's gonna go 100% CLUB on this album and letting go of any urban teas she's done in the past.

You've also got two of Calvin Harris' dj mates: Burns and Nicky Romero:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/n...ecording-new-music-during-trip-to-london.html

I'm looking forward to what Labrinth does for her if its in the vein of what he's done for Tinie Tempah's 'Frisky' and 'Pass Out' or his only great solo song 'Earthquake'.

Nemesis_

All this shit about "eras" is garbage that has been honed to perfection in the Asian music industry (and done better). A new album doesn't have to land with a new personality for it to be noteworthy, but I guess Madonna's legacy lives on in a diluted form amongst the lessers.

That being said, there was TIME for new personalities to FLOURISH between OFFERINGS from the GODS.

With this MESS we've got something coming out EVERY WEEK ;_;

I think people need to stop using the word "ERA" to refer to the time ONE ALBUM is out. Especially considering how the industry is today.

A long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic.

A long and distinct period

AS THE DEFINITION SAYS.

OH WAIT

A long and distinct period

What do we call XTINCTA's current "ERA" then?

Bladenic

Good Lord from the Heavens help me. I saw that Amazon had Ray of Light album for 7 bucks on MP3. I actually for a second thought about buying. Lord help me not to waste those precious few dollars on a trashy artist.

It does contain the single song of Madonna's I like (the title track).

NEVER though.

Nemesis_

Good Lord from the Heavens help me. I saw that Amazon had Ray of Light album for 7 bucks on MP3. I actually for a second thought about buying. Lord help me not to waste those precious few dollars on a trashy artist.

NEVER though.

Ray of Light is actually quite good, I never really "got it" but some of the tracks are quite ENJOYABLE and the production is absolutely STELLAR.

MADONNA or NOT

;)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No surprises that when Rih wants the freshest, most exciting, forward-thinking producers on the planet she'd come looking in the UK.

That being said, there was TIME for new personalities to FLOURISH between OFFERINGS from the GODS.

With this MESS we've got something coming out EVERY WEEK ;_;

I think people need to stop using the word "ERA" to refer to the time ONE ALBUM is out. Especially considering how the industry is today.

AS THE DEFINITION SAYS.

OH WAIT

What do we call XTINCTA's current "ERA" then?

Sis I think if anyone knows about long and distinct periods it's Xtina.

Christopher

I think when an artist has a new album they usually have a look, feel, sound and style associated with such albums. For instance when you think of Michael Jackson's bad you think of his "bad attires" and so forth. Like when I think of The Fame Mosnter era I think of good Lady Gaga music :p.

When you think of various artist usually a defined look goes hand and hand to make it stand out...Rihanna has so many that it's just "another Rihanna album...".

Koodo

Banned

NEVER though.
ibr1N9CeMLimpc.gif

Ray Of Light skirts PERFECTION. One of the Hag's few albums worth defending at all costs.

Mau ®

Yeah Chris the Ray of Light album is great. Maybe you should check out some stuff?

Drowned World
Sky Fits Heaven
Mer Girl
Ray of Light
Frozen

*.*

Nemesis_

No surprises that when Rih wants the freshest, most exciting, forward-thinking producers on the planet she'd come looking in the UK.

Ko6gG.gif

Yeah Chris the Ray of Light album is great. Maybe you should check out some stuff?

Drowned World
Sky Fits Heaven
Mer Girl
Ray of Light
Frozen

*.*

I hate Drowned World, but I really enjoy SKIN and SWIM. *O*

Nemesis_

Sis idek why you are trying so hard to drag the UK.

Does anyone even remember the Sydney Olympics? Nope. All it took to forget about it was Björk in Athens and the entire world was thinking 'Sydhew'.

So take several seats please.

Not so much me trying to drag the UK as to you TRYING TO SHOVE THE GREY MESS DOWN OUR THROATS at every OPPORTUNITY.

It was Poker Face and Telephone, Bad Romance was blocked by Tik Tok

image.php

Bladenic

Yeah but just occasionally something genuinely great hits #1 in the UK, like Spectrum.

[edit]Plus at least our charts aren't taken up by 2 year old songs and regressive pop for 14 year olds.

Funny you say that when Lady Antebellum's mega smash Need you Know just now hit the top twenty when it was released over 2 years ago LOLOLOLOL sit down.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not so much me trying to drag the UK as to you TRYING TO SHOVE THE GREY MESS DOWN OUR THROATS at every OPPORTUNITY.

Why shouldn't I be proud of the fact that my country is the beating heart of the pop world?

Funny you say that when Lady Antebellum's mega smash Need you Know just now hit the top twenty when it was released over 2 years ago LOLOLOLOL sit down.

Really? This is your best response? Top 20? Gerl, take several seats.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
As kindly pointed out by Queefer in the DJ room, some people here need to take several seats.

screenshot2012-07-16a0ak3h.png

Next time get your receipts in order before you post.

2012-06-0100_06_422brgzjku.gif

rukland

haha this thread is pure gold.

I still have not heard the new No Doubt single, will did around for it later today. But as I was driving this morning I was trying to figure out why it is that I do not like male singers right now. Most times regardless of who it is I turn the channel to something else if it's a male vocalist.

Is it me, or am I just not getting exposed to the right people?

royalan

I still have not heard the new No Doubt single, will did around for it later today. But as I was driving this morning I was trying to figure out why it is that I do not like male singers right now. Most times regardless of who it is I turn the channel to something else if it's a male vocalist.

It's not just you. The male pop scene has been WACK for YEARS now...

Slim pickings.

Actually, none. I can't think of any male singer worth checking for right now.

Someone in this thread will probably refer you to Adam Lambert. Get your best "LOL" gif ready.

Koodo

Banned
Bad Romance also reached #1 in Canada. One can only HOPE the FOUL TASTE is being quarantined behind the border.

That includes our exports. America can keep them.

devilru

Neo Member
Just Dance No.1 in Aus before anywhere else, just sayin'
(but seriously, like it matters where a song peaks in what region first...)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom