• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
When Pop exploded and trained Stars were put out instead of people plucked off the street in the 90's early 2000's is when Pop tarts of today could compare their schedules to that of an Idol. Britney is a great example bitch worked since she was 8 that is around when most of the girls in SNSD started training, not even debuted yet lol

EDIT: Image is a big deal in Pop music so no one can really throw it under the rug. Gaga may be the ugliest of all the girls but her costumes and outrageous looks got her attention

Oh no Koodough, POOR BRAVE CACA has to work hard, just like everyone else in the world.

Idols rarely have 'downtime' as far as I'm aware. And are forced to live in dormitories and share rooms. Your fave couldn't.

Do you really want to get into a debate about who copies who, especially when there was a ringtone on the last page that exposes your reductive queen

But I will just leave this here That makes 10++

The delusionals reaching for the stars, meanwhile brushing aside yet another episode in which Caca FINDS INSPIRATION everyone else and attributes it all to... WHITNEY.

iDmxnNDYSUcjp.gif

Girl Gone Wild demo by Rosette in 2011.

Samsung x Madonna? A marriage of hearts and minds.

Meanwhile MDNA sells one fifth of Fail This Way's LTD sales in one week.

ibuN7SgBWzTxXM.gif

Doesn't stop her from being photoshopped into pretending to be 20 something

Most 53 year old women wish.

Madonna will slay the lessers AS PER when the tour rolls around. The 20-something year old lessers.

iQ7OIGVrqqoRp.gif

Kyon

Banned

He means that he thinks because Madonna is a certain age that she has to stop dancing sexy and stop trying to think you can dance like the old days, which is bullshit because even Madonna can dance circles around Gagita and the lessors' hopscotch "dance" routines

ibuN7SgBWzTxXM.gif

Kyon

Banned
^^^^^^^ They work pretty much everyday and never catch a break, not in the US standards i mean 24hrs a days 365 days a year non stop. No breaks

Munching raw sweet potato with baking foil over the windows for insulation. WITH NO MOBILE PHONE. No way any fave could.

It still breaks my heart how harsh it is to be an idol tbh, not even in the days of manufactured pop here has it been that extreme. Asia :(

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
He means that he thinks because Madonna is a certain age that she has to stop dancing sexy and stop trying to think you can dance like the old days, which is bullshit because even Madonna can dance circles around Gagita and the lessors' hopscotch "dance" routines

He was co-signing and adding to it....

Anyways 3000+ post of cattiness and reductiveness
ibp0dAH3bkGWt4.gif

stay pressedT

Lollapalooza acts announced! Some pop acts here and there.

SXcxo.jpg

I, for one, will remain pressed that I will not be able to attend. Here's to ACL or SXSW some day.
LLShC.gif

Kyon

Banned
wait isnt that just the US twitter account? If you gonna do it like that count the followers of each member that has an account (verified of course) and see who wins

This video sums up my love for MC. She is a master of self-aware manic absurdity (have you seen her lyrics?) in a class matched only by Madonna. Just the right amount of crazy, and not at all contrived.

I'd rather listen to Avril Lavigne's entire discography of bovine utterances than be subjected to Lady Gaga's insipid, overwrought and semisimple "lyrics" and music videos. These never-have-beens need to learn some subtlety.

iMh9Hmjr2dXVK.gif

Koodo

Banned
I'd rather listen to Avril Lavigne's entire discography of bovine utterances than be subjected to Lady Gaga's insipid, overwrought and semisimple "lyrics" and music videos. These never-have-beens need to learn some subtlety.
What happened boo.

Oh my god, we have the same top 4! Though play count aside, I prefer Government Hooker to Marry the Night. Gaga <3
Government Hooker is the most addictive song I've heard all year. It has this weird, scary vibe tempered somewhat by the hilarious lyrics.
Just heard Future Love too. Incredible lyrics on that one. I'm sorta partial to her pre-Fame stuff. Disco Heaven and Rock Show are my favorite Gaga tracks, I'm so weird.
Incredible lyrics on that one.

Mumei

I enjoyed Edge of Glory. I don't really care one way or another about the lyrics, but I like the vocals, and she's had some great live performances with it in particular.

When she chose "Edge of Glory" over "Scheiße" for her third single, I knew for sure that she was no longer looking out for me. She was going after those Glee cover royalties :-(

Well, that was indeed awful.
42xoj.gif
Yes. Nonetheless, you were correct to show me the error of my overstatement. I love Gaga despite her weak post-Fame lyrics and music videos (although "Judas" is a neat and compact visual delight), and I should never have allowed the words "Avril Lavigne" to appear in this holy thread.

Mumei

Yes. Nonetheless, you were correct to show me the error of my overstatement. I love Gaga despite her weak post-Fame lyrics and music videos (although "Judas" is a neat and compact visual delight), and I should never have allowed the words "Avril Lavigne" to appear in this holy thread.

I'll take the stain of that sin off of your hands by introducing the uninitiated to Ms Georgia Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom