• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The lack of new game announcements for the Nintendo Switch.

_Rob_

lol how! Did someone just guess and stuck games into the list randomly?!

My best guess would be yes, but based on rumour. I made an announcement a little while back that we were cancelling the Wii U port and mentioned that we're eager to eventually release on a Nintendo console.

I believe this has been taken as confirmation.

Considering their past 2 presentations from E3 I'm not really expecting them to do much for this year's either. It'd probably be better to say "Wait until the next Switch focused Direct" since they always seem to hold no punches during them.

Ironically we'll probably get one a few weeks before or after E3.

Waji

No, we're still in the first month
...I almost wanted to clarify it and I should have seeing this answer.

I'm talking about what the topic creator wrote talking about MK and Arms ~.
So I'm including the period until the end of summer more or less in my sentence.

But of course, being in the very first month makes it even more obvious.
I personaly never saw any system I wanted to get in the first 6 months.
For example I only got the 3ds after Labyrinth no Kanata got released in Japan.

Anyway, since E3 is June 12-14, we're actually pretty close. But I guess it would still be nice to get some communication other than just Arms date in these 2 months inbetween.

I doubt that's the final list for the next two years tbh.

1) It's probably not "all the games for 2017 and 2018"

2) This is the corresponding image for PS4 "2014" as of Jan 2013: https://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1046/10462199/2423035-ps4-games-list-2014.jpg

What makes you think that is all that will release between now and the end of 2018? I can assure you there will be more first party releases in two years than what is shown on that graphic, at the very least.

is it all the games for 2017 and 2018?

doubtful

Lads, as per the title page, I am referring to announced. You know what, its even worse as it includes games that are probably even further out like No More Heroes.

thatJohann

I wanna see more Neo Geo games. Like Real Bout. I am in love with the Switch.

But the most awaited thing I want is:

The VIRTUAL CONSOLE! It will make the Switch worthwhile for me. I can't wait to download classics! I don't care for new releases as much as I have a ps4 pro. But the thought of playing classic games on the go just gets me all giddy! Can't wait!

bennibop

The lack of launch software has been the problem for Switch and its starting to show, once you are done with Zelda what else is there on the horizon.....a Mario Kart Remaster and not a lot else.

febLey

#1: E3 is coming up.

#2: They just did an incredible indie showcase of upcoming games.

#3:

Switch_Games.png
Doomed

Tonyx

TBH I think it was pretty clear that the Switch launched as a Zelda machine and wouldn't have a real library for a few months.

And I think there is nothing bad about that, it's a strategy that could work out. Make a first release for fans only, then maybe re-release the console in the autumn or winter, with bundles and maybe a price cut, for the rest.

That being said.. to me it looks like I hear pretty often that new titles are in development for Switch. Sure nothing big.. but I guess with E3 around the corner the big titles are going to wait.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
OP, why did you buy the system so early? You're in for months of waiting if Mario Kart doesn't interest you.

Go enjoy the big games appearing on other systems and then come back to Switch in the summer.

What? All of them sell really well. NSMBU is the second best-selling game on Wii U behind Mario Kart. Followed by Mario 3D World.

Silly thread premise aside, I do wonder how long Nintendo believes people will be satisfied with Zelda and what their plan is for people who don't care about MK8D. Maybe their plan is to not bother with them at all since it still is MK after all. A lot of people will care, regardless of its Deluxe nature. Virtual Console would be a good way to get those people over the software drought but who knows what's up with that.

I want NSMBU on the Switch so bad. That would be perfect.

I think Nintendo knows it has enough of a large enough fan base that they don't have to release a ton of games in 2017 and people will still buy it, if it can capture people's imaginations, which it seems to have done.

It's too bad MK is one of the Nintendo franchises that I never really took to.

New Games are usually announced to generate hype
Hype sells consoles

While there's a stock issue why make an announcement?

I'm hanging on

oti

Banned
I want NSMBU on the Switch so bad. That would be perfect.

I think Nintendo knows it has enough of a large enough fan base that they don't have to release a ton of games in 2017 and people will still buy it, if it can capture people's imaginations, which it seems to have done.

It's too bad MK is one of the Nintendo franchises that I never really took to.

I really like the idea of a New Mario All-Stars.

NSMB 1, 2, Wii, Wii U, Luigi U in one package. On Switch.

Solobbos

PS4 launched on November 15, 2013. Itse got its first worthwhile game on March 24, 2015 (Bloodborne). Se got through that dry spell, so I'm sure things will go a fair bit smoother with the Switch.

Machina

Banned
Don't indies usually announce their games at other places as they don't want to be overshadowed by the announcements of big publishers?

I think there are more than enough indie games coming out this year already, so any that are announced from this point on are just a bonus. Nintendo needs to go big with the first party to keep the ball rolling.

mindsale

I would've dropped probably $100 on Virtual Console content by now. Hell, I bought Binding of Isaac which I own on two other platforms. What the Hell are they doing? If they don't have first party releases ready for launch to meet a fiscal deadline, fine, but at least get some roms in there, charge $10 for games you've charged $10 for the last decade, call them a Virtual Console.

Tons and tons of games coming to Switch, that have already been announced. And we're two months out from E3 still. I don't understand what the concern is.

royox

That pic is filled by games that can be played TODAY on other platforms.

I never understood the "hype" for this pic. Mario and Xeno...maybe splatoon and that's it.

Nintendo had to delay BOTW literally so they could release the Switch with at least 1 worth having game till some big tittle was released.

But yes, I agree we better wait for the E3 and see what happens.

OP what did you honestly expect if you weren't interested in Zelda?

They were up front about the games outlook well before launch.

ViolentP

To let publishers games get a chance maybe?

There are two ways handling a new console release:

• Provide new users with a steady stream of content keeping interest of your product stoked
  • Let consumers wait until games are ready

Both realistic possibilities. One is simply smarter than the other.

terrier

i'd wait for e3. I am really interested in multiplaform ports, that is what Wii and WiiU were lacking and what would make the Switch a relevant platform instead of a complementary one.

UCBooties

I am definitely getting Disgaea 5 Complete in May and will probably grab I am Setsuna after I finish Zelda. (Whenever that is)

I also really want to get Hollow Knight if the Switch port is good and if Rime reviews well I will get that for the Switch as well. I'm taking a wait and see approach on Rime though because of the development history. I also have Snipperclips and Shovel Knight to play through with my wife and Fast RMX Racing to continue being terrible at.

I'm also still on the fence about getting Binding of Isaac Afterbirth for the Switch and I just grabbed Has Been Heroes on physical. Honestly it's more software in the launch window than I bought for my PS4.

ColdPizza

Banned
I do get the sense that my Switch is going to be collecting dust until fall.

I don't really have much interest in Mario Kart and most, if not all of those indie titles can be had elsewhere. Nintendo should be busting their asses to get a VC up or some more Wii U games on the Switch.

Top Bottom