• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

T.O.P

Banned
Right now the Subox kit is pretty popular.
subox-1.jpg

It has an LCD display and is VV/VW and I believe it can go as low as .3ohm. It also has passthrough charging as well as takes one 18650 battery so you can swap batteries if you'd like. It definitely sounds like something you might be interested in.

I personally recommend this guy.

Joyetech Evic 60W with Temperature Control.
JTEVVT-2.jpg

This setup has a built in battery and pass-through charging. It also keeps track of how many puffs you've taken. This will be more expensive than the Subox kit too but it's worth it for the temp control. Everything feels solid on the Evic whereas the Subox to me feels kinda cheap. Plus it comes with a nice silicon sleeve to protect it. Nice thing about these are that the charging ports aren't on the bottom so you don't have to lay them on their sides while your charging. And I don't know about you guys but I don't like my vape laying on its side for long periods of time. I know it won't leak but it just makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just weird!

As the total noob that i am with ecigs, wich one is the most user friendly?
And something that always worried me, how's the maintenance on these things? like, will i need to change some pieces every month or something?
I had an ecig like 2 years ago wich died on me two weeks later and started to taste like burnt oils, leaking liquid everywhere....really don't want this to happen again

Rizific

As the total noob that i am with ecigs, wich one is the most user friendly?
And something that always worried me, how's the maintenance on these things? like, will i need to change some pieces every month or something?
I had an ecig like 2 years ago wich died on me two weeks later and started to taste like burnt oils, leaking liquid everywhere....really don't want this to happen again

maintenance only needs to be done on the atomizer (aka the part you put the liquid in). the mod (box) itself doesnt require any maintenance other than charging/replacing the battery. for the atomizer, you just change the head every once in a while or when it starts to taste burnt. changing the head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one.

Chabbles

What juices are you guys vaping on now days? I've been trying out Charlie Hebo juices so far (Siren Song and Charlie Custard) and their not too bad so far. Thinking about grabbing this starter pack https://baddistribution.com/product/bad-drip-full-line/ . Any other starter packs you guys would recommend? Also looking for a good tasting 100% VG juice for some cloud chasing any recommendations?

I just started vaping (over 24 hours off tobacco atm!), and went with 100% VG from "Velvet Cloud". I got the "Blue beard tobacco".. taste like blueberrys and, idk, candyfloss ?.

s936185709927328223_p7_i1_w500.jpeg

Broseybrose

I just started vaping (over 24 hours off tobacco atm!), and went with 100% VG from "Velvet Cloud". I got the "Blue beard tobacco".. taste like blueberrys and, idk, candyfloss ?.

I love VCV. They are truly a top tier vendor. I can easily recommend Burley Beard Tobacco, Harvest Berry, Melomenon, their new flavor Pink Square tastes like strawberry starburst and its become an ADV for me.

They recently sent me a free 30ml bottle with my order of a flavor called Apple Brown Teddy. It's delicious. Warm apple, crust, with a subtle tobacco layer.

T.O.P

Banned
maintenance only needs to be done on the atomizer (aka the part you put the liquid in). the mod (box) itself doesnt require any maintenance other than charging/replacing the battery. for the atomizer, you just change the head every once in a while or when it starts to taste burnt. changing the head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one.

Sounds good enough for me!

Just ordered the Evic 60w

Can you guys suggest some good liquids for a newbie? nothing too sweet please (EU shops would be nice since i'm in IT)

s936185709927328223_p7_i1_w500.jpeg

Haha thats great I actually just ordered Catherine the Grape and Sour Skittles from them so hopefully their great. Also got The Milkman just due to the cool box it comes in but also saw great reviews. Thinking about upgrading my mod already. Stuck between a SMOK Cube 2 with their TFV4 tank or a Siegeli 75W with like a Muta X4.

I'm already at the lower setting (30w)

I might need to try some liquid with less nicotine maybe?

In the meantime i watered my liquid a bit with some distilled water, it helped a bit
Lower nicotine will help with the harsh throat hit yeah. After making the switch to subohm vaping I had to lower my nicotine down a fair bit.

Xisiqomelir

Any of you fine folk make your own sauce?

Both propylene glycol and veg. glycerin are pretty cheap around here for food-grade, and I'm wondering about throwing some watermelon and mint in a pan with some, but I have no idea about proportions and cook times.

Any of you fine folk make your own sauce?

Both propylene glycol and veg. glycerin are pretty cheap around here for food-grade, and I'm wondering about throwing some watermelon and mint in a pan with some, but I have no idea about proportions and cook times.

I've dabbled a bit in DIY, but all I had were Lorann's flavourings and they're supposedly not very good for ejuice. You don't actually cook the juice, you just drop in some flavour and shake it up.

There's a howto here:
http://www.nicvape.com/How-To-Make-e-Juice

The battery on my itaste vv3 is starting to go, what should I replace it with? The vv4 or is there a better alternative? Looking for something with the same form factor. Also, is the Nautilus with BVC still the best tank? I've been using it for about a year and love it, but I was wondering if there's anything that I might upgrade to without getting into subohm DIY stuff.

Husker86

So I'm ready to move on from my eGo-style battery with Kanger Protank II.

I'm going to buy this with the LG HE2 batteries today unless someone talks me out of it:
http://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KRSBL1

Any reason I shouldn't? I have to take 5-6 second drags on my setup to get a decent hit. Everyone else that has a non-stick setup that I've tried produces so much more vapor/flavor in much less time. Will the above get me what I want?

Tabby

I'm going to buy this with the LG HE2 batteries today unless someone talks me out of it:

Any reason I shouldn't? I have to take 5-6 second drags on my setup to get a decent hit. Everyone else that has a non-stick setup that I've tried produces so much more vapor/flavor in much less time. Will the above get me what I want?

That's a good setup, I use them with the Samsung 25r batteries myself.

Husker86

Those are an option as well from that site. Do you think there is a big difference between batteries? I was just gonna go with the LG or Samsung ones because of the name (and the fact that they are actually cheaper than the other brand option which I don't recognize).

Onikaan

Hey guys. Always had a fascination with pipe smoking since I was little as my grandad was a pipe smoker. Having a love for Tolkien has also probably been partly responsible, however I've never smoked due to the adverse heath effects.

Anyway, discovered you could get electronic pipes and jumped at the chance. I bought a little Kamry pipe. Really nice. Enjoyable to puff on. Thing is, I'm not sure about something. Now and again I can taste what I can only describe as burnt paper. Maybe even a little plasticy. I have a menthol juice in at the moment but I get this taste with every juice I've tried. Something wrong with my tank or is it an after taste of what's in the juice? They have 0 nicotine, by the way. Thanks

You could also consider the Kangertech Subox Mini which has a slightly larger tank and an RBA.

K5we2yc.jpg

Rizific

I would also suggest the subox mini and replace the battery with the LG HG2. Larger capacity with the HG2 over the HE2. Same with the subox mini over the nano along with the ability to get into rebuilding later on down the road.

Tuvoc

Hey guys. Always had a fascination with pipe smoking since I was little as my grandad was a pipe smoker. Having a love for Tolkien has also probably been partly responsible, however I've never smoked due to the adverse heath effects.

Anyway, discovered you could get electronic pipes and jumped at the chance. I bought a little Kamry pipe. Really nice. Enjoyable to puff on. Thing is, I'm not sure about something. Now and again I can taste what I can only describe as burnt paper. Maybe even a little plasticy. I have a menthol juice in at the moment but I get this taste with every juice I've tried. Something wrong with my tank or is it an after taste of what's in the juice? They have 0 nicotine, by the way. Thanks

Sounds like you're getting dry hits. Not enough juice is saturating the cotton in your atomizer so when you hit it, the coil is burning the cotton.

Zeth

Last week I think I said Looper from ANML was a new top-tier flavor for me but I've since done a bit of a 180 on it. It really gunks up coils - such that I can't really give it all-day vape status. Also a little too sweet for that. Still a really satisfying tangy fruit loops flavor with a creamy texture.

Really enjoying The Shocker and Streak from Cosmic Fog. Lemon/lime and creamy strawberry respectively. De Shock from G2 Vapor is also pretty good - was turned on to them for their Mr. Cookie which was a bit sweet and gunky for me. The problem with most of these is they're ~$22/30ml which is on the high end of what I'd like to be spending. Hoping to find some good juice that's more in the Charlie Noble price range.

Pete Rock

Last week I think I said Looper from ANML was a new top-tier flavor for me but I've since done a bit of a 180 on it...

Hoping to find some good juice that's more in the Charlie Noble price range.
Just bought 120ml of Light & Dark from Predator for $50 with free shipping. Literally $25 flat for 120ml of one of the best Froot Loops flavor I've ever tried. Can confirm it does not gunk up coils like crazy, based on the 30ml I went through two weeks ago.

Went through 30ml of all 5 flavors and came back to order the larger size of my two favorites. Abyss is pretty good, Honeydew & Cream, but I am not a big enough fan of that combination to order the larger size.

I cannot recommend the Strawberry Drink or the Strawberry Banana Milkshake flavors, they are certainly tolerable but nothing fantastic. I am all about fantastic these days.

Straight to the moon. On a sensible budget. Ohhhhh yeahhhh!

vash2695

Just made the switch to flavorless eliquid and it has been awesome. Coils last way longer (month old coil still hits like new), I've run my nautilus almost dry with no burnt hits, and it's significantly cheaper as well. At most sites you can find flavorless among DIY supplies. I used MT baker and it's been good, paid $6-7 dollars per 30ml (started small to try it out). When that's out, I'll get the 236ml bottle for about $30.

Zeth

Just bought 120ml of Light & Dark from Predator for $50 with free shipping. Literally $25 flat for 120ml of one of the best Froot Loops flavor I've ever tried. Can confirm it does not gunk up coils like crazy, based on the 30ml I went through two weeks ago.

Went through 30ml of all 5 flavors and came back to order the larger size of my two favorites. Abyss is pretty good, Honeydew & Cream, but I am not a big enough fan of that combination to order the larger size.

I cannot recommend the Strawberry Drink or the Strawberry Banana Milkshake flavors, they are certainly tolerable but nothing fantastic. I am all about fantastic these days.

Straight to the moon. On a sensible budget. Ohhhhh yeahhhh!

I'll check them out, thanks!

Going to try out the Light and Redux flavors from Predator. Hopefully they taste good but for the price I can't complain. Current setup - iStick 50w w/ Mutation X v4 at around .3ohms. Flavor is Banana Nut bread by Cyber Liquids and it is easily my current favorite.
zmELm7t.jpg

Husker86

You could also consider the Kangertech Subox Mini which has a slightly larger tank and an RBA.

http://i.imgur.com/K5we2yc.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

[quote="Rizific, post: 180097637"]I would also suggest the subox mini and replace the battery with the LG HG2. Larger capacity with the HG2 over the HE2. Same with the subox mini over the nano along with the ability to get into rebuilding later on down the road.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I went with the original setup I linked (SUBOX nano), mainly because I ordered shortly after I posted since I'm impatient.

Just got it today...wow. Huge difference from my eCom-C Twist and Kanger ProTank 2.

Out of curiosity, do you all prefer direct inhale or mouth-to-lung inhale (like cigarette smoking)? I've always done mouth-to-lung since that's how I smoked cigs, but I noticed in the booklet that came with my Subtank, they recommend direct inhale for sub-ohm setups.

Tabby

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I went with the original setup I linked (SUBOX nano), mainly because I ordered shortly after I posted since I'm impatient.

Just got it today...wow. Huge difference from my eCom-C Twist and Kanger ProTank 2.

Out of curiosity, do you all prefer direct inhale or mouth-to-lung inhale (like cigarette smoking)? I've always done mouth-to-lung since that's how I smoked cigs, but I noticed in the booklet that came with my Subtank, they recommend direct inhale for sub-ohm setups.

Started off with mouth-to-lung with cigs and continued that when I got my Nautilus Mini but ever since I made to switch to sub-ohm I've started to do direct inhales and I've never looked back.
Just try it and see what you prefer.

Anton668

gonna try this out...

Rear Diff by Boosted Ejuice
Product Description
***Available for a limited time during the Holidays*** Take everything you love about the holidays… the drinks, the desserts, the warm nights by the fire, and every last drop of holiday cheer… then imagine all those things bottled up in e-liquid form. Boosted’s Rear Diff is just that. Somewhere between a rich, creamy pumpkin pie, and a pumpkin spice latte, Rear Diff captures the very essence of the holidays in taste, aroma, and even the warm, fuzzy feeling you’ll get while vaping it.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok so, two weeks without touching a cigarette :D
Been eating a bit more than i should but i guess it happens in the first few weeks lol

About the Digbys liquids i got

-Dr. Jekyll - ***** this will be be my daily liquid from now on
-Moriya'S mIx - * like, holy shit this is the worst liquid i tried so far, might give it a second try at some point
-Gunpowder - *** it's fine, wouldn't want it as a daily liquid tho
-Mum's Custard - ***1/2 tastes good, bit too strong for me tbh
-Apple & Cinnamon - ** tasted fine at first, then it pretty much made me nauseous

I'm curious to try Oriental Plunder because it's supposed to be tobbaccoy but for now i'll stick to Dr. Jekyll

Pete Rock

Ok so, two weeks without touching a cigarette :D...
...this will be be my daily liquid from now on...
Congratulations, now that you have a juice you enjoy keep looking for more, it is nice to have two or three you can rotate through and enjoy just the same.

Speaking of, got my 120mls in from Predator, stoked on these. 240ml for 50 dollars. Never paying $20-25 for 30ml ever again. I am hoping this will last enough to chain-link an order of the next Bombies Automatic line, assuming they keep a similar price point.

120ml of Light/Dark, K100 & Aqua v2 Tobeco clone setup as an RDA with kanthal dual coil 7 wrap 26g at 0.5 ohm. Flavor and vapor for days.

So just a general warning to anyone who has one but make sure to get rid of your Eleaf iStick 50w. I took really good care of mines and it still managed to auto fire on me and thanks to my good luck I was next to it when it happen and managed to unscrew the tank so it would stop firing. If I was here I'm positive it would of started a fire. I should of done more research on it but now I want to make sure other people know.

Pete Rock

Based on reviews I know the VaporShark is out of consideration due to fit and finish issues. Looks like the LavaBox is the best production model DNA 200 device currently in a reviewed state. I think I'm ready to purchase once they launch. At this point I am either going to buy this or buy all the components and machine my own case out of phenolic and honestly the latter sounds like a fun experiment but over all a waste of time.

I am used to the battery life of a single 18650 and a mech mod running between 25-30 watts so I am really not anticipating ever needing more features than this device offers.

Once it is in hand I will start playing around with temperature control, titanium builds, selecting the best sub-ohm tank as daily driver and picking out the right dripper for concentrates. Oh yeah, it's happening! Finally!

Rizific

Based on reviews I know the VaporShark is out of consideration due to fit and finish issues. Looks like the LavaBox is the best production model DNA 200 device currently in a reviewed state. I think I'm ready to purchase once they launch. At this point I am either going to buy this or buy all the components and machine my own case out of phenolic and honestly the latter sounds like a fun experiment but over all a waste of time.

I am used to the battery life of a single 18650 and a mech mod running between 25-30 watts so I am really not anticipating ever needing more features than this device offers.

Once it is in hand I will start playing around with temperature control, titanium builds, selecting the best sub-ohm tank as daily driver and picking out the right dripper for concentrates. Oh yeah, it's happening! Finally!
the lavabox looks like an incredible dna200 device. but ive also been eyeing the couldmaker whiteout. supposed to come with a 1100mah 3s lipo battery (200mah over the lava) and also available with a dna200 or sx350j chip.

artsi

My girlfriend is trying to quit smoking so I got her one of these, and it's been succesful so far.

I've never smoked a cigarette myself, but I started vaping too (no nicotine) because it's just fun to do, lol.

Rizific

wow, that nebox looks great. kanger keeps pumping out some decent and affordable stuff, i like it.
How long does a 15ml vial of juice last you all? It feels like I'm filling up a lot.
maybe 2-3 days. i dont like buying 15ml bottles for that reason. but my local shops sometimes have sales on 15ml juice, something like 3/$27 or 2/$20. so ill just buy 2 or 3 of the same juice.

Top Bottom