• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
darkpaladinmfc said:
This is supposed to be the roster:

Returning from SF3: Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley
Returning from SF2: DeeJay and T-Hawk
Returning from Alpha: Guy, Cody, and Adon
in addition to 2 completely new characters.
\o/

darkpaladinmfc said:

where'd you read that?

darkpaladinmfc said:

Cool but what's the source of this rumor?

The source of the rumoured roster is a well-known SRK poster who posted that list a week ago and said that the new SF4 would be revealed around TGS or just after. The thread was subsequently deleted (And not locked). Seems pretty legit.

xero273

Dizzy-4U said:
Check the official SF thread. All the rumored info is in there.

And lol at people who think this is going to be DLC :lol

It could happen, but I'm so used to fighting games, I'm prepared for the worst which is another $60.

darkpaladinmfc said:

Holy shit yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the first words of leftover files in SF4 I wanted deejay and others back, so I will support this game by buying it again.

Kind of hope it's DLC though, already own the PC version, but in true SF fashion this will be another retail release probably :p

DailyVacation said:
If they release a new SKU for this, I hope they balance some characters. I feel dirty using an overpowered Ken... in a non-sexy way.
Fixed :lol

Dizzy-4U said:
Check the official SF thread. All the rumored info is in there.

And lol at people who think this is going to be DLC :lol

If it's not DLC then I have another solution that'll force them to make it a DLC.

Trade it SF4 at Gamestop/EB and use the money to preorder SSF4 (SF4 TIV: $40).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Retail or no buy !!
;)

Day one

Dizzy-4U

shagg_187 said:
If it's not DLC then I have another solution that'll force them to make it a DLC.

Trade it SF4 at Gamestop/EB and use the money to preorder SSF4 (SF4 TIV: $40).
Yeah, that's pretty much what many people will do.

But I think is too much content for a DLC. 10 characters, stages, new music, new moves, etc. If we were talking about Criterion or Sony Liverpool I could imagine it as DLC, but this is Capcom =/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Isn't it a little soon for a re-release? Oh well, that means I'll be able to get the original SF4 for cheap when Super is out.

daegan

It would be silly for them to do this as DLC though because then it splits the userbase. More than 2 or 3 characters and balancing and I feel like it can go on a disc.

Will be there day one :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Diablohead said:
I feel wrong for asking but what makes Dudley different to Balrog(boxer)?

What makes Tyson different than Ali? Different styles man. One is based on speed, the other on power.

I'd bet it's going to be similar to Lost Planet: Colonies Edition; meaning Super SF4 will be released as the Platinum Hits version.

Or they could release it for $60, I don't care. Capcom has my money.

lupinko

shagg_187 said:
Umm.... Earth? North America? Canada? Ontario? Toronto? No seriously. Fuck you. I traded it in couple of weeks ago.

I think the trade in value for SF4 is like 30 bucks now, but that's still respectable given what Ebgames up here usually asks for.

Rayven

aka surume
darkpaladinmfc said:

:D if true
sauce plz

Snuggler said:
Isn't it a little soon for a re-release? Oh well, that means I'll be able to get the original SF4 for cheap when Super is out.

It's actually about time for a revision. It's par for the course for the SF franchise.

lupinko said:
I think the trade in value for SF4 is like 30 bucks now, but that's still respectable given what Ebgames up here usually asks for.

Still better than paying full price for a game you already own (if it indeed lacks DLC). Now what would seriously suck if it also comes with the downloaded skins for which some of you people paid alot! :lol

Zapages

A perfect Street Fighter would be all the characters ever came into a SF game from I, Alpha to II, and III... Plus about 10 new characters (includes IV)...

darkpaladinmfc said:

This is who I say should be in the game.

These characters were in specific character movies

Adon = The current champion of Muay Thai Kickboxing. Get raped by Sagat in less then 2 seconds.
Yang and Yun = Looking for Fei Long, but seen what Chun Li can do.

These characters will should be in the game:

Sean = Trained by Ken, but was weak in Final Strike.
Shin Akuma = The final and most deadliest form of the Shin power.
Alex = Winner of the Street Fighter III tournament. He also defeat Ryu in a one on one encounter.
Dudley= A boxer from Great Britain. He has a huge online cult following. People believe this is what Balrog (Boxer) should of been.
Karin= Sakura rival from Alpha series.
Ibuki = I would link her to GEN. She learn his style but it really broken. She attends to a SCHOOL that RIVALS, Sakura. (I know you guys that play Capcom games will get it.) She had fought Sakura in a hard fought battle and lost. Now she is out for Revenge. Also, Chun Li is after her because of a recent break in by a Ninja in Hong Kong, but it was not Ibuki.

Caj814

shagg_187 said:
Umm.... Earth? North America? Canada? Ontario? Toronto? No seriously. Fuck you. I traded it in couple of weeks ago.

Current Gamestop trade in value
Street Fighter IV - $25 (6/18/09)

It will probably be even less by the time they do any official promos for SSF4.They usually ask for a of trade 2-3 games to put towards a new game anyways.Unless everything is done differently in Canada.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Diablohead said:
I feel wrong for asking but what makes Dudley different to Balrog(boxer)?

Dudley tends to have lower priority, but more comboability, and he uses the Dempsey roll.

Game has to be disc with the added content, my guess is it will sell for $50.

If I was to pick characters I would have added.

Adon, Guy, Sodom
Dee Jay, Hawk
Elena, Makoto, Ibuki

I would also remove Seth from the game entirely- make a powered up Akuma/Gouken the bosses.

Dali

h3ro said:
They're supposedly doubling the roster.

$60.

Will buy.

Wow. That doesn't really leave much room for [easily identified] improvement in Champion Edition, Giant Attack, Turbo, Super Turbo, and 4th Strike editions.

I doubt there will be more than 4 new characters in this revision. I'm more excited about balance shifting and character/system changes than any new characters.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Shin Akuma? Get the fuck out of here. Akuma is overplayed enough, we don't need no Alpha3 bullshit up in this joint.

Caj814 said:
Current Gamestop trade in value

It will probably be a even less by the time they do any official promo for SSF4.They usually ask for a of trade 2-3 games in to put towards a new game anyway.Unless everything done differently in Canada.

Yeah they currently reduced it. Guess I was lucky enough to trade it in at the right time. PS3's trade-in value is fairly high than 360's for some reason ($25.50 vs $36.00).

Nevertheless, it should be DLC or it'll SUCK for those who paid for the skins and whatnot (which I think will indeed be included in the game).

I love SF4 and will buy Super SF4 without hesitation. That does not mean I want to pay $60, however.

Sell the new characters, stages, etc. for $30 DLC to current owners of SF4. Release SSF4 for on disc for a full, $60. People who own the game get a deal, those who want to jump in now pay full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom