• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
zlatko said:
/panic! I already made one for myself. Really hard to make the pic look good at 90x120 anyway though. Had to set it to 90x90.

Yes cause fucking up the aspect ratio makes aaaanything look good ;)

Here you go:

ibuki_sfiv.jpg

and another:

fei_sfiv.jpg

RS4-

Raging Spaniard said:
New blog post said it doesnt do any damage, but it does hit, so you can use it to get a combo in.

Yeah, that change still sucks :lol

Time to abuse ducking feints and hopefully his back and forward dash is that quick hop

ShinAmano

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Awesome...in the same vein anyone know where I can find super high resolution images of Ryu and Ken? I am thinking about putting a Street Fighter Corn Hole board set together, but can't find art large enough for the job...any images does not have to be from SF4. Thanks.

PhatSaqs

Banned
It's weird how they're holding out on revealing Gens ultras. They must have really went to town on tweaking him up. I guess having 4 Ultras for one character would be easy to fuck up so they are seemingly justafied in taking time to get it right.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhatSaqs said:
It's weird how they're holding out on revealing Gens ultras. They must have really went to town on tweaking him up. I guess having 4 Ultras for one character would be easy to fuck up so they are seemingly justafied in taking time to get it right.
cant believe nobody bothered to record it at that tourney.

thorin

Wow, Ibuki and Dudley look really great. And yeah, Makoto looks like she could lose a few pounds.

Does anyone have anymore gameplay teases for Hakan? I think I remember kensk saying people would hate him. Is he so oily that he can't be thrown or something? A joke character?

PhatSaqs said:
Oh they had BETTER get it right...

Haunted

At first it looked like Dudley lost some weight, but he seems to have the proper proportions in the new shots. Well done, Capcom. Proceed.

yeb

lemon__fresh said:

Reposting something I said on SRK:
Keno has a very good Gen and I'll trust what he says about the version he played. My one issue is that back around CES/the fight club event, MrWizard got to play a version that was more recent than what everyone else was playing. He said the same thing about Gen's MK hands loop, but Seth Killian then referred to that version as their "let's argue about this version" because it had big changes that probably weren't going to stay. MK hands might be one of those.

I honestly haven't been following SSF4 news all that much because I know any changes people hear about aren't going to be set in stone at this point.
Also, I'm extremely happy with the most recent devblog translation saying that mashed moves will remain 5 inputs. If it was reduced to 4 I'd be forced to learn an entirely different method, and I practically wouldn't have a character I could already play when SSF4 comes out.

vixlar

ShinAmano said:
So now that the game is all we want
minus Alex, Elena, Hugo and Poison
I hope we get answers to these:

Will Random select also select a random color/outfit? <--It only makes sense.

Will there be character specific intros?

What is the bonus for hanging on to the original SF4 Disk?

Are there any other stages/moves to be revealed?

Most anticipated game of the year.

Please!!!!

I play Random 90% of my fights... 100% if online. And I'm tired of not uisng what I have paid for.

Even, I want to see the alt outfits on CPU when I play arcade mode.

Shin_Kojima said:
Oh, just the MK-hands x2 thing.. if that's all I don't care that much.

Right they took away his bnb combo, no big... and his invulnerability on ex oga, just danady... and nerfed his shallow jump.

Even though Gen's took a colossal hit to his defensive option (he now only has his backdash...) his offence has also took a huge hit. The only thing he might have going for him (as pointed out on shoryuken) is that his chains might cause a lot of stun; but will they be better overall than the kick combo? Besides, Sakura already fills the slot of a low health character who's going to stun your ass, plus she has a lot more option defensively and superior shenanigans (especially now Gen's jump has been nerfed).

But seriously, how his losing mk hands x2 not a big thing? Gen was largely dependant on the meter it built up and the damage he could get from expending that meter.

Gen is going to be bottom tier now unless people are massively underestimating his links or if the versions that people have played aren't representative of Gen in the slightest.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
Gen is going to be bottom tier now unless people are massively underestimating his links or if the versions that people have played aren't representative of Gen in the slightest.
He may be low tier to peeps looking to play him the exact same as they did in vanilla if he has indeed lost the things that made him effective and fun to play there. But without knowing how his chains (may or may not) work, possible new links, the properties of his Ultras, possible tweaks to other moves outside of Oga, etc. it's misguided to say anyone is in any tier right now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Swittcher said:
If you look at the intro to Street Fighter 1, that font/graffiti is a total throwback to it.

Which is weird, because this whole game is supposed to be a throwback to SSF2.

Well, right now it seem that SSF4 is just a barely dream match game for all of us which is great thing but I hope that they would finish up with SSF4T with rest of our dream casts.

P.S. I recalled that they are curious which SF1 character they want to see to be in from one of their interview.

I could be hype for SSF4T if they decide to add SF1 character because it would be nice to see Mike, Lee, Retsu and Geki getting make over. (I think they are only four characters that haven't got make over, but I think they are more likely to use Birdie.

Rose toss not doing damage is BULLSHIT. It's a fucking projectile. What incentive would anyone have to focus it if it doesn't chip? Winning on a rose throw was the most satisfying thing about 3rd Strike.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
God's Beard said:
Rose toss not doing damage is BULLSHIT. It's a fucking projectile. What incentive would anyone have to focus it if it doesn't chip? Winning on a rose throw was the most satisfying thing about 3rd Strike.
throw high, fake low, rose hits crouching guy over the head. you win. It can still happen

MoxManiac

IntelliHeath said:
Well, right now it seem that SSF4 is just a barely dream match game for all of us which is great thing but I hope that they would finish up with SSF4T with rest of our dream casts.

P.S. I recalled that they are curious which SF1 character they want to see to be in from one of their interview.

I could be hype for SSF4T if they decide to add SF1 character because it would be nice to see Mike, Lee, Retsu and Geki getting make over. (I think they are only four characters that haven't got make over, but I think they are more likely to use Birdie.

Don't forget Joe.

dankir

God's Beard said:

What version of 3rd Strike were you playing that had Rose?? lol

IntelliHeath said:

Eagle!

30lck8m.jpg

Xater

Hakan is a new guy right? I have absolutely no recollection of him. I'm just asking because I have absolutely no Alpha knowledge. :lol

Trailer also made me ralize that I still hate this genereic Guy. I can still think of way cooler character they should have added instead of him. :(

Xater said:
Hakan is a new guy right? I have absolutely no recollection of him. I'm just asking because I have absolutely no Alpha knowledge. :lol

Trailer also made me ralize that I still hate this genereic Guy. I can still think of way cooler character they should have added instead of him. :(
He's a "brand new" character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom