• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
Pandaman said:
moe is a feeling, not something you can point to and say 'this is moe', it depends on the person.
oh really?

2130yzq.jpg

also: lol @ wanting to put every 3s char under the sun in the game. How about putting some EX chars in too? Oh wait, just take out every alpha, SF1, and SF2 (not ken, ryu, and chun of course) char and replace the rest with 3s chars, that would be so awesum amirite guyz

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
IntelliHeath said:
Since they are going to make it blind picking then I would imagine a lot of players being paranoid and pick shoto all the way, so we might see a lot of Ryu, Ken or Sagat.
so grab ibuki/makoto/etc and other fireball murderers, they'll learn.
okay, so precedent is on your side...

Threi said:
oh really?

2130yzq.jpg
23lcnj5.jpg

FindMyFarms said:
Ok, I'm not sure where keno's comin up with this BS, don't know what version he's playing but he's straight up wrong

Gen still has invincibility on ex oga. Gen still has mk hands x2. Hands is still 5 inputs.
Can you kindly tell how certain you are of this sir?

IntelliHeath said:
Since they are going to make it blind picking then I would imagine a lot of players being paranoid and pick shoto all the way, so we might see a lot of Ryu, Ken or Sagat.

Personally, I'm against blind picking if only because your not blind picking at tournaments, or if someone is next to you, or at an arcade. But it isn't the end of the world.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Threi said:
oh really?

also: lol @ wanting to put every 3s char under the sun in the game. How about putting some EX chars in too? Oh wait, just take out every alpha, SF1, and SF2 (not ken, ryu, and chun of course) char and replace the rest with 3s chars, that would be so awesum amirite guyz

I would love to see SF EX but all of new characters from SF Ex are copyrighted by other company. I forget name of other company.

FreedomFrisbee said:
Personally, I'm against blind picking if only because your not blind picking at tournaments, or if someone is next to you, or at an arcade. But it isn't the end of the world.

Beh, I know. I rarely go to tournament because one place at our area just shut down, which is very disappointing. Plus I am little sick of Shoto being overrated.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Shin_Kojima said:
Can you kindly tell how certain you are of this sir?
the hands reconfirm was fairly recent.

the ex oga thing was just a guess based off that first tourney, i dont think there was ever an official statement on it, just a guy who was whacked and said it when the internet was listening.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The Take Out Bandit said:
Arika

We could definitely use more Cracker Jack.

(pix removed. I forget that your avatar is being rotated) You know Indian girl from puzzle.

Just Kidding. I know that she is from other game I don't mind to see Pullum to be in SSF4 but I think Juri is good enought since she is better version of Pullum. right?.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Is there seriously no end to the discussion of what obscure characters people want to see in the game, even though every character has been confirmed for months?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Osaka said:
Is there seriously no end to the discussion of what obscure characters people want to see in the game, even though every character has been confirmed for months?

I plead guilty for Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo.

I based my theory on their traditional fighting games. They usually make 3 games per title. SF2 - SF HF - SSF2; SF3 - SF3 2 - SF3 3s, etc. I doubt it would happens again. It is possible that SSF4 is last game in SF4

Platy

IntelliHeath said:
I plead guilty for Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo.

I based my theory on their traditional fighting games. They usually make 3 games per title. SF2 - SF HF - SSF2; SF3 - SF3 2 - SF3 3s, etc. I doubt it would happens again. It is possible that SSF4 is last game in SF4

3 games WITH NEW CHARS .... i can name at least 10 sf2 versions =P

FindMyFarms said:
Ok, I'm not sure where keno's comin up with this BS, don't know what version he's playing but he's straight up wrong

Gen still has invincibility on ex oga. Gen still has mk hands x2. Hands is still 5 inputs.

I'm also curious as to where you heard this? Especially given everyone who's played SSF4 on Shoryuken said the nerfs were in place. A lot of the info came from the Las Vegas event as well, in regards to Keno Yeb recently said:

Anyway, Keno has a very good Gen and I'll trust what he says about the version he played. My one issue is that back around CES/the fight club event, MrWizard got to play a version that was more recent than what everyone else was playing. He said the same thing about Gen's MK hands loop, but Seth Killian then referred to that version as their "let's argue about this version" because it had big changes that probably weren't going to stay. MK hands might be one of those.

For all we know things could of been reverted back, but it's not been shown to the public yet?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Spirit of Jazz said:
I'm also curious as to where you heard this? A lot of it came from the Las Vegas event as well, in regards to Keno Yeb recently said:

For all we know things could of been reverted back, but from what I'm aware there's only been 2 builds people have played and the nerfs were in both?

Well, we can wait and see. IIRC there will be tournament that would include SSF4 next month.

Platy

IntelliHeath said:
It is awesome to see how different their boxing skill between Balrog/Boxer and Dudley.

Yeah, that's what i meant :lol

But ... theoricaly .... super street fighter 4 is already the third version ...

Street fighter 4 arcade,
Sf4 home edition ( Dan, Sakura, Gen, Fei Long, Cammy, Rose)
and this one with the 10 new friends...

XenoRaven

Hitokage said:
Put me down as somebody who will be happy if any SSF4 followup doesn't have any new characters.
No way man they have to include the guy on the bike in the China stage as a playable character in SSFIVT. It won't be good otherwise. And Blanka needs to have a tuxedo alt. That's the only way I'll buy it.

ggd210

yea right, I think I'll see more version of 4 than the 2

here we go...
SF IV
SUPER SF IV
SUPER SF IV turbo
SUPER SF IV the new challengers
Hyper SF IV
and... many more! :D

Platy said:

Street fighter 4 arcade,

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Platy said:

Street fighter 4 arcade,

Don't be smartass :D

I was speaking of consoles version.

_dementia said:
walking under projectiles would be awesome

I just found out today that he can't walk under Denjin. That pissed me off. He can walk under Urien's projectile super but not Ryu's?

Urien(with a suit on), Q and Twelve would be my ideal picks. They have the best playstyles out of the remaining characters.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
At some point you gotta balance OMG MOAR CHARZ with learning matchups and having them be balanced.

I'm probably going to end up having to learn 70+ matchups for SSF4 with mainly just two characters. :/

ShinAmano

XenoRaven said:
No way man they have to include the guy on the bike in the China stage as a playable character in SSFIVT. It won't be good otherwise. And Blanka needs to have a tuxedo alt. That's the only way I'll buy it.
Wrong background character...we want the guy in the brewery that handles kegs like they were kittens!

Dascu

Hitokage said:
Put me down as somebody who will be happy if any SSF4 followup doesn't have any new characters.
I'd say another two completely new characters wouldn't hurt. For the rest, focus on tweaking the game play, the balance and adding in new (character specific, even) stages.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
_dementia said:
walking under projectiles would be awesome

for SSFIVT I agree with you on Urien and Q.

I wouldn't deny your pick but I would prefer Hugo, Alex and Elena.

-DarKaoZ- said:
What?! WE NEED KARIN!!!

Yeah, we do.

Dascu said:
I'd say another two completely new characters wouldn't hurt. For the rest, focus on tweaking the game play, the balance and adding in new (character specific, even) stages.

I am willing to give up some characters just for character specific stages like old time.

Here is my prediction for "BIG IF" SS4T

SF3 3s - Hugo, Alex and Elena
SFA - Karin, Birdie and R. Mika
SF1 - 2 SF1 character ( I don't care who)
2 new characters.

I only care for Hugo, Alex and Karin, but it would be nice to see other characters too.

Platy

Not sure if posted yet ... but a brazilian site is saying that this is the achivement list for this game

• Get All Achievements
• Get All Character Colors
• Get All Character Taunts
• Get All Titles
• Get All Icons
• Win 100 Rounds by special move
• Win 100 rounds by EX Special Move
• Win 100 Rounds by Super Combo
• Win 100 Rounds by Ultra Combo
• Hit 100 Focus Attacks
• Win 50 Times by Super Combo
• Win 50 Times by Ultra Combo
• Get 365 Flashy Screen Finishes
• 30 Perfects
• Beat Arcade Mode on a Difficulty Higher Than Medium
• Beat Arcade Mode on a Difficulty Higher Than Medium With All Characters
• Beat Arcade Mode on a Difficulty Higher Than Medium Using No Continues
• Beat Gouken in Arcade Mode on Hardest Difficulty
• Beat All Rivals, Higher Than Medium
• Get 10 Clears on Trial Mode
• Beat All Character Trials For One Character
• Clear All Character Trials For All Characters
• Get 80,000 Points or More on the Car Bonus Stage
• Get 110,000 Points or More on the Barrel Bonus Stage
• Set Your Icon and Title and Fight Over Xbox Live
• Win 1 Ranked Match
• Win 3 Consecutive Ranked Matches
• Win 5 Consecutive Ranked Matches
• Win 10 Consecutive Ranked Matches
• Upgrade Your Class By Ranked Match
• Achieve C Class By Ranked Match
• Achieve C Class For All Characters by Ranked Match
• Get 10 Wins Through Xbox Live Matches
• Get 30 Wins Through Xbox Live Matches
• Get 100 Wins Through Xbox Live Matches
• Fight in 50 Xbox Live Matches
• Fight in 100 Xbox Live Matches
• Fight in 300 Xbox Live Matches
• Participate in Team Battle
• You Win, Your Team Wins in Team Battle (You have to win your match, and your team must also win the battle)
• You Win, Your Team Wins in Team Battle x10
• Participate in Endless Battle
• Get 3 Wins In a Row in Endless Battle
• Get 10 Wins In a Row in Endless Battle
• Watch 30 Replays in the Replay Channel
• Create 30 Endless Battle Lobbies
• Create 30 Team Battle Lobbies
• Fight 30 Battles Through Fight Request

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
ShinAmano said:
Wrong background character...we want the guy in the brewery that handles kegs like they were kittens!

Wonder why he handles the kegs so delicately. I'll bet they're full of delicious drugs.

Hitokage said:
At some point you gotta balance OMG MOAR CHARZ with learning matchups and having them be balanced.

I'm probably going to end up learning 70+ matchups for SSF4 with just two characters. :/

Then how about give the dev team 18 months for SSF4T and only add 6 characters? Then focus on a comprehensive training mode and adjusting the system? Add in charge partitioning to make up for charge characters having trouble with FADC combos and give everyone a second super with variable bar sizes(3 EX charges, 5 EX charges, etc). Then just spend 6 months on balancing and reworking old characters so they can compete with the 3rd strikers.

Threi said:

I would love some C.Jack, Skulomania, Pullum, Darun and Nanase action in 4.

XenoRaven

God's Beard said:
Then how about give the dev team 18 months for SSF4T and only add 6 characters? Then focus on a comprehensive training mode and adjusting the system? Add in charge partitioning to make up for charge characters having trouble with FADC combos and give everyone a second super with variable bar sizes(3 EX charges, 5 EX charges, etc). Then just spend 6 months on balancing and reworking old characters so they can compete with the 3rd strikers.
Why don't they just release 3S on XBLA?

ShinAmano

IntelliHeath said:
Here is my prediction for "BIG IF" SS4T

SF3 3s - Hugo, Alex and Elena
SFA - Karin, Birdie and R. Mika
SF1 - 2 SF1 character ( I don't care who)
2 new characters.

I only care for Hugo, Alex and Karin, but it would be nice to see other characters too.
If this game was made they would be approaching MvC2 level of characters...not that I would complain...just seems unlikely.

Wonder why he handles the kegs so delicately. I'll bet they're full of delicious drugs.
I knew kittens was the wrong analogy ;)

I hope this achievement is bullshit. It seem too hard and time-consumed. I think SF4 achievement is just right.
They all seem like BS to me...mostly rips straight from SF4...I hope Capcom has some originality in the list.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Platy said:
Not sure if posted yet ... but a brazilian site is saying that this is the achivement list for this game

• Get All Achievements

I hope this achievement is bullshit. It seem too hard and time-consumed. I think SF4 achievement is just right.

ShinAmano said:
If this game was made they would be approaching MvC2 level of characters...not that I would complain...just seems unlikely.

I knew kittens was the wrong analogy ;)

Well, There is many people that suspected that SSF4 is just game for fans and their dream matches. Who know but I kinda agreed with you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom