• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So Makoto has her Target Combos listed, but not Ibuki? Yoritoshi is 2hcb's, eh? And Ibuki is one of few in game with an air throw. All cool.

Thanks for the info deathberry!

RS4-

Oh yeah, list the Dudley target combos when you get the chance, I want to see if there are any differences with his 3s version.

GrayFoxPL

Post Fei Long special moves so pesants know that chicken wing motion didn't change.

Please, I want to write: "Ha! Eat that shit!"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
robut said:
I don't see Ibuki's triple kick (whatever it's called).

Don't see her backwards srk leap kick thing either. Did they trim her movelist? I could've swore those moves were in a video.
Probably below the moves shown in the pic.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
Which one of Makoto's moves breaks focus armor?

please let us know <3
For those wondering, this is what I was fishing for. :lol

AAK said:
I think they did remove her bdp+k. It is now part of her ultra.... going by the vids released so far.
It's also her air throw, so I don't think it means anything.

I'm pretty sure the movelist scrolls down.

deathberry

Neo Member
_dementia said:
Which one of Makoto's moves breaks focus armor?

please let us know <3

Her moves are a little more trickier than I though, I can't tell right now if you can't already guess from her movelist. I'm still a novice Street Fighter player :p

And by further popular demand...

I can post 1 more movelist, y'all decide which one. Gotta play this and other stuff and taking them pix and posting them isn't easy :p

Cowie

nice to see confirmation of hayate cancel. Not sure why I would doubt it'd be in, but.. I dunno, I was still worried.

also, echoing armor break begging.

KAL2006

Banned
deathberry said:

Top right (which got cut off) is Special Moves.

Can you post pictures of some menus
for example
main menu
options menu
gallery mode menu
challenge mode menu
replay mode menu
online mode menu
ryu's trial mode

EDIT: Also where do you live, can I come to your house and play :D "joking"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
deathberry said:
Her moves are a little more trickier than I though, I can't tell right now if you can't already guess from her movelist. I'm still a novice Street Fighter player :p
You know the icons that appear on the right? Lightning bolt means armor break.

Which moves have the lightning icon next to them? That's what we really want to know.

deathberry

Neo Member
Hitokage said:
You know the icons that appear on the right? Lightning bolt means armor break.

Which moves have the lightning icon next to them?

For Makoto it's Oroshi (in the Special Moves section, top right side) and both the Ultra Combos.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KAL2006 said:
Can you post pictures of some menus
for example
main menu
options menu
gallery mode menu
challenge mode menu
replay mode menu
online mode menu
ryu's trial mode

EDIT: Also where do you live, can I come to your house and play :D "joking"

On second thought, this or tournament mode menu.

Sutanreyu

TheLeaker said:
C. Vipers MP TK is nerfed. It has more recovery frames.

Are you fucking serious? God damn she was already hard to use already.

Her TKs didn't have great priority to begin with (or hell, all of her moves). It was a part of her bread and butter.

Please tell me that they at least increased her health.

SAB CA said:
12th color idea sounds intriguing. Time to have a bunch of "Take on Me!" looking VS battles! :lol

If they really nerfed Viper's MP TK... Meh. They better have fixed up that stupid hitbox on her crouching Medium Kick to compensate! But if the game is really faster overall, maybe it woulda become too much. -shrug-

BTW, what is these colors are the SF4 previous owner bonus?

The game speed is the same. :/

If Viper ends up sucking a lot more in SSFIV, I'm moving to Ibuki or Adon as my main.

LeMaximilian said:
She deserves it. Viper gets away with way to much shit that can't be punished.

HP TK is punishable, whiffed seismo is really punishable, BK is... Ok. A little hard to punish unless done on the ground. But really, she has very little advantages as it is. She needs to be played really effectively in order to win, whereas most of the cast have the tools to pwn by default. Like mentioned already, she has some pretty shitty normals and her specials don't do massive amounts of damage or have great priority.

MNC said:
So the less pro players never get a win online and will never in turn unlock stuff at all? Atleast singleplayer mode had you unlock stuff at the lowest possible difficulty.

Like in Smash Bros. You'd unlock characters and whatnot just by playing MP with your friends.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hey, someone who delivers instead of just going "wink wink"!

And I don't want to be one of "those" kind of people, but Hakan is definitely in the hands of people with the latest build right now, I'll leave it at that.

Snap pics of whatever you can!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KAL2006 said:
I doubt he has tournament mode that is DLC or am I wrong?
You are correct, my bad.

I'd like deathberry to show Hakan's moveset/picture of Hakan, but he is probably under NDA. So either replay mode or the new 2 colour styles/filters would be cool.

Nonetheless, props to deathberry for not being a fake.

KAL2006

Banned
Deathberry send me the Hakan pics then I'll leak the images so it looks like I leaked it. This way you wont get in trouble (and anyways Im betting there are many people with the game so how will they know you leaked it).

I will delete this post when you send me the Hakan pics :D

Sutanreyu

Skilotonn said:
Hey, someone who delivers instead of just going "wink wink"!

And I don't want to be one of "those" kind of people, but Hakan is definitely in the hands of people with the latest build right now, I'll leave it at that.

Snap pics of whatever you can!

At this point all I want to know about him is whether he looks cool and if he's good or not. Otherwise I'm completely disinterested.

Sutanreyu said:

Her TKs didn't have great priority to begin with (or hell, all of her moves). It was a part of her bread and butter.

Please tell me that they at least increased her health.

The game speed is the same. :/

If Viper ends up sucking a lot more in SSFIV, I'm moving to Ibuki or Adon as my main.

HP TK is punishable, whiffed seismo is really punishable, BK is... Ok. A little hard to punish unless done on the ground. But really, she has very little advantages as it is. She needs to be played really effectively in order to win, whereas most of the cast have the tools to pwn by default. Like mentioned already, she has some pretty shitty normals and her specials don't do massive amounts of damage or have great priority.

Like in Smash Bros. You'd unlock characters and whatnot just by playing MP with your friends.
Naw, man!

gibration said:
GAF, who should we ask for?

I dunno, pretty sure everyone else's moves have been detailed in the blogs. We know Sagat has a new move, dunno if's it's been shown how it's done (backwards srk I think though).

deathberry, did you miss any moves? Like the ones I mentioned for Ibuki?

Sutanreyu

Stabby McSter said:
Naw, man!

At least, that's what this guy said:

LeMaximilian said:
Long interview with Killian about SSF4. From what he says, it looks like the game will be very similar to SF4 play wise. Most the time, a new SF update game changes the whole game with speed, properties and balancing. Looks like SSF4 is SF4, with minor tweaks and new characters based off this interview.

Have a look
http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1306

Sounds like a pretty safe assumption to me.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
robut said:
I dunno, pretty sure everyone else's moves have been detailed in the blogs. We know Sagat has a new move, dunno if's it's been shown how it's done (backwards srk I think though).

deathberry, did you miss any moves? Like the ones I mentioned for Ibuki?
I'm absolutely certain he missed some of Dudley's moves, like his thunderbolt which has been shown in video.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Did anyone clarify Adon's "legacy" inputs? I don't need pictures or nuffin, just tell me pls.

RS4-

Does Dudley have his cross counter cancel? I don't know what the right term would be.

Canceling his s.jab/strong/fierce into his CC. HCB, F + P

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
All I want to know is if Gouken Counter is breakable with Armor Break Moves and/or Reversals.

DeathBerry can you plz tell me Yes(they break) or No(They do not break anymore)? That is all.

hitsugi

Sutanreyu said:

her bread and butter is spamming c.mp -> tk? cause that's what some people actually do and it deserves to be handled.

who cares about mp TKs when you can still hit people in front / on top / inside of / on the other side all in one move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom