• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
main menu
options menu
gallery mode menu
challenge mode menu
replay mode menu
online mode menu
ryu's trial mode
button config menu

if you could only post 1 please show options menu

Bob White

hitsugi said:
her bread and butter is spamming c.mp -> tk? cause that's what some people actually do and it deserves to be handled.

who cares about mp TKs when you can still hit people in front / on top / inside of / on the other side all in one move?

Dude...don't even. Viper did NOT need a fucking nerf because of c.mp > tk. That shit does NOT win her matches. Any good reading of that fucks her up.

Viper gets nerfs....what the fuck, capcom? what the fuck?

deathberry

Neo Member
Here's the 2nd part of Dudley's Unique (row1) + Special combos (row2)

Sorry I missed these earlier.

A lot of people are asking shit loads of questions. If possible, can someone compile them and I'll try my best to answer. Please keep the questions SHORT and nothing about Hakan. Anything under embargo I won't reveal, including menus and any other modes that haven't been announced.

EDIT: I'll answer your queries tomorrow night (got a long day at work), off to bed now.

cHaotix8

I want to see how viable Dudley's rumored new target combos are. I'm sure you should be able to cancel most of them into some special and super combo goodness.

AZ Greg

deathberry, can you post the input for Vega's second ultra? No pics necessary. His old ultra was called bloody high claw. Just want the other one. Thanks!

cHaotix8 said:
I want to see how viable Dudley's rumored new target combos are. I'm sure you should be able to cancel most of them into some special and super combo goodness.

They look like the same target combos from third strike. They did good damage and knocked you far away from the opponent but since most of them start with light attacks they can be hard to hit with.

gibration

_dementia said:
lol eight
in 3S Dudley had nine target combos, right?
yup

Target Combos:
1. standing LP, MP, MK
2. f+LP, MP
3. crouching LK, MP, HP
4. crouching LK, crouching or standing MK
5. standing MK, HK, HP
6. f+HK, MK
7. standing MP, MK, HP
8. standing LK, MK, MP, HP
9. f+MK, MK, HP

deathberry, can you tell us about Ultra set ups for the new ultra 2? For example will Ryu be able to use Metsu Shoryuken off a EX Tatsu in the corner or can Ken land Ultra 2 off his SRK FADC?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Rice-Eater said:
deathberry, can you tell us about Ultra set ups for the new ultra 2? For example will Ryu be able to use Metsu Shoryuken off a EX Tatsu in the corner or can Ken land Ultra 2 off his SRK FADC?
I think he said he's a SF novice, so he'd probably have to practice a bit before being able to do more complicated combos.

Rice-Eater said:

Unless they changed it, the SRK FADC for Ken isn't possible. The rumor though is that you can do it off cr.mk canceled into ex fireball.

Wiseblade

Hey, can we see El Fuerte's moveset? I really want to know the motion of his Ultra 2 and if Q-Bomb has changed.
EDIT: failing that, Adon would be nice.

LowParry

You guys crazed the guy to sleep. :lol Guess we'll get more info out of him tomorrow. Would love to see some Vega movelists. :D

hitsugi

Bob White said:
Dude...don't even. Viper did NOT need a fucking nerf because of c.mp > tk. That shit does NOT win her matches. Any good reading of that fucks her up.

Viper gets nerfs....what the fuck, capcom? what the fuck?

Don't get me wrong - I love Viper, and that's why I'm wondering why this is such a huge deal. They didn't nerf her ability to flip out and pretty much do whatever she wants, so who cares? c.mp->tk doesn't win matches, and now you just can't spam mp TKs in general.. but all of her combos, etc. are intact.

Take a look at Akuma before discussing nerfs in SSF4, ok?

woopwoopwoopwoop.gif

Sutanreyu

hitsugi said:
her bread and butter is spamming c.mp -> tk? cause that's what some people actually do and it deserves to be handled.

who cares about mp TKs when you can still hit people in front / on top / inside of / on the other side all in one move?

Do you know the difficulty in actually pulling those burning kicks off? It's not as easy as just doing the move. The positioning and timing has to be just right.

And yes. The C.MK xx MTK is one of her staple combos. It's like Ryu/Akuma and their C.MK xx Hadou. It doesn't do major damage or anything, but it's just a nice combo to confirm you get your special move in.

hitsugi said:
Don't get me wrong - I love Viper, and that's why I'm wondering why this is such a huge deal. They didn't nerf her ability to flip out and pretty much do whatever she wants, so who cares? c.mp->tk doesn't win matches, and now you just can't spam mp TKs in general.. but all of her combos, etc. are intact.

Take a look at Akuma before discussing nerfs in SSF4, ok?

And it's mostly a "huge deal" simply because Viper is just one of those characters that was borderlining on "shit tier" levels. She has a lot of cool things that she can do that make up for it, but you've got to really work for it. Nerfing her is just like, "Wow, did she really need any more handicaps?"

Also what happened to Akuma? D: I play him for fun here and there and it'd suck if he got "nerfed" as well. He was one of the more balanced characters in vanilla IV.

Bob White

Sutanreyu said:
Also what happened to Akuma? D: I play him for fun here and there and it'd suck if he got "nerfed" as well. He was one of the more balanced characters in vanilla IV.

So was Viper. But still capcom thinks it's needed. And now that I think about it, the small nerfs are just that, small nerfs. BUT, there better be something more to her now. Really, she can turn on the heat but one mistake is all that's needed.

Like just now, I was playing farms and at the start of a round I fucked up on a burn kick and went flying half way across the screen towards him. The Rufus slippery slope beat down that followed was brutal.

So....I think Viper should have a teleport.

hitsugi

Sutanreyu said:
Do you know the difficulty in actually pulling those burning kicks off? It's not as easy as just doing the move. The positioning and timing has to be just right.

like I said, I play Viper and I can do those instant BKs and agree that she's an execution heavy character, but that is what allows her freedom.

Akuma in my opinion, is trash now.. or just not worth playing. Removing the ability to do fun s.HK combos is completely retarded, and let's not even get into his second ultra right now. Akuma in SSF4 will basically be Akuma in SF4 before people gained the execution / knowledge to do s.HK combos... what's the point of that?

also:

hakanz.jpg

saw this on my friend's twitter.. http://twitter.com/SpeedBrkr/status/9794454080

looks like wario's face to me, but who knows?

Most of the character "assumptions" are merely conjecture so we should hold out until the game is released before we start playing theory fighter or making tiers. The only changes we know about Akuma are the removal of the loop and he has a second ultra. No one knows how useful the ultra is, which could be a game changer, especially if it can be FADC'd.

He'll still have his vortex, damage, combos, etc.

MoxManiac

hitsugi said:
like I said, I play Viper and I can do those instant BKs and agree that she's an execution heavy character, but that is what allows her freedom.

Akuma in my opinion, is trash now.. or just not worth playing. Removing the ability to do fun s.HK combos is completely retarded, and let's not even get into his second ultra right now. Akuma in SSF4 will basically be Akuma in SF4 before people gained the execution / knowledge to do s.HK combos... what's the point of that?

also:

hakanz.jpg

saw this on my friend's twitter.. http://twitter.com/SpeedBrkr/status/9794454080

looks like wario's face to me, but who knows?

Hakan looks like Urien and Darun Mister's lovechild.

hitsugi

Spiderjericho said:
The only changes we know about Akuma are the removal of the loop and he has a second ultra. No one knows how useful the ultra is, which could be a game changer, especially if it can be FADC'd.

He'll still have his vortex, damage, combos, etc.

people have already tried to FADC and do all sorts of shit with the 2nd ultra of his.. right now you can't even focus crumple into it.. I mean, really guys? how is that even possible?

Also.. the removal of the loop? it's a bit more than that. Now you can't fireball FADC into his roundhouse, nor can you stand jab into it, and CH c.mp into it has become harder as well. The loop was effective on several characters, but that kick had a LOT of uses.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
zlatko said:
I feel that screen IS def. what Hakan will look like. It just seems like a fit in my opinion.

yeah man I feel the same, for some reason I believe that pic is 100% legit, call it a hunch ;)

zlatko

Banned
FreedomFrisbee said:
So, he gonna be a charge character or what? Havn't had any new ones.

God I hope not. Those are the only characters I avoid like the plague to play online. Locally it's not a big deal, but online it's such an uphill battle to win with a charge character versus Ken/Sagat/Ryus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom