• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He's lucky he's just losing his job. You leak govt info and you are more likely to lose more than just your job. The info isn't as highly regarded compared to but companies take that stuff really seriously.

This is just a case of trying to be slick. :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Darkman M said:
How would his job know it's him that leaked it?

If he used his work machine to do it, SRK could tell where the IP came from, put two and two together, voila.

Hell, even if he used his machine at home it wouldnt be the hardest thing to find out.

Darkman M

Raging Spaniard said:
If he used his work machine to do it, SRK could tell where the IP came from, put two and two together, voila.

Hell, even if he used his machine at home it wouldnt be the hardest thing to find out.

I see, really stupid on his part then.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Spiderjericho said:
You don't see N3ss, Haunts, etc just outright spilling the beans. They just do their cock teasing, which helps maintain interest in the game and doesn't break the NDA.
To be honest, we've been putting up with teasing in this thread far more than we would normally. Usually you just get banned when you hint at having something but with nothing to show for it.

Raging Spaniard said:
This happens in some capacity in GAF too (like when Famitsu scans werent allowed anymore) its better not to burn bridges sometimes.
That was more over copyright concerns than anything else. We only have a working relationship with a couple companies, everyone else we respect within reason, but really, as third parties to anyone else's agreements we aren't under any obligation to do anything.

Raging Spaniard said:
Proxies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah, dude's an idiot if he used his WORK COMPUTER to leak info.

I'm with the camp that says Capcom shouldn't have demanded that the stuff be taken down though. All it does is confirm that it's legit.

XenoRaven said:
Actually laughed out loud when I read this. :lol

Believe.

:(

So I got hit by Blue Nocturne on GGPO today and I finally realized why Capcom gave Fei and Cammy counter ultras. More than your health bar, it damages your ego. The unrelenting shame follows you round after round, match after match. Before you know it, your eyes can no longer follow your opponent for all the tears, and your trembling hands can barely reach the buttons.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God's Beard said:
So I got hit by Blue Nocturne on GGPO today and I finally realized why Capcom gave Fei and Cammy counter ultras. More than your health bar, it damages your ego. The unrelenting shame follows you round after round, match after match, and before you know it, your eyes can no longer follow your opponent for all the tears, and your trembling hands can barely reach the buttons.
:lol

The only advantage I can think of for Counter Ultras is that just having Ultra can make people afraid to cross-up (so you know they'll empty jump in), but even then there's the mindgame aspect where they might do the unexpected.

God's Beard said:
So I got hit by Blue Nocturne on GGPO today and I finally realized why Capcom gave Fei and Cammy counter ultras. More than your health bar, it damages your ego. The unrelenting shame follows you round after round, match after match. Before you know it, your eyes can no longer follow your opponent for all the tears, and your trembling hands can barely reach the buttons.
:lol :lol

Counter Tanrenga

Knee raised, lighting flash
rebel limbs won't stop moving
my heart becomes ice

shattered under torrent blows
I hear the Blue Nocturne call

Steaks

There are some useful options for counter ultras, assuming they are tweaked right.

With 0 frame startup, they will beat safejumps and most meaties in general designed to force an uppercut to whiff. Cammy and Fei both have uppercuts that are easily avoided by doing this. Even though this sounds awful on paper, in practice choosing the counter ultra will cause people to probably be a bit less hasty on wakeup. Cammy and Fei are both offensive momentum characters.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
kensk said:
There are some useful options for counter ultras, assuming they are tweaked right.

With 0 frame startup, they will beat safejumps and most meaties in general designed to force an uppercut to whiff. Cammy and Fei both have uppercuts that are easily avoided by doing this. Even though this sounds awful on paper, in practice choosing the counter ultra will cause people to probably be a bit less hasty on wakeup. Cammy and Fei are both offensive momentum characters.
It might also be useful against Balrog's ex dash punch.

Alucrid

Banned
I keep watching a video of Ibuki's, Dudley's and Makoto's ultras knowing that I won't be able to taste that sweet nectar for another two months. :'(

deathberry

Neo Member
Just a quick update for you guys. I'll post pix of characters that have already come out, and their movelists, but nothing else. So no menus or screens of any other modes, nor unannounced characters.

Also, I'm not gonna provide movelists for many characters, that shit takes time to put together and I gotta play the game :p Which reminds me, don't ask me to provide screens of FADC'ing into ultras or asking me whether certain attacks can cancel moves and all that; I'm a SF nub :D .

I'll provide as much as I can, just don't expect all your questions to be answered as I'm not allowed to answer some questions based on my lack of skill, time and NDAs.

Also, online embargo ends March 22, so a live feed can be arranged then if you guys aren't overwhelmed by all the info already.

gibration

deathberry said:
Just a quick update for you guys. I'll post pix of characters that have already come out, and their movelists, but nothing else. So no menus or screens of any other modes, nor unannounced characters.

Also, I'm not gonna provide movelists for many characters, that shit takes time to put together and I gotta play the game :p Which reminds me, don't ask me to provide screens of FADC'ing into ultras or asking me whether certain attacks can cancel moves and all that; I'm a SF nub :D .

I'll provide as much as I can, just don't expect all your questions to be answered as I'm not allowed to answer some questions based on my lack of skill, time and NDAs.

Also, online embargo ends March 22, so a live feed can be arranged then if you guys aren't overwhelmed by all the info already.
Cool, thanks. Please post pics of the alpha characters movelists if you can.

deathberry said:

Thank you. I concur with the alpha characters. (Guy, Cody and Adon)

Papi

deathberry said:

I respeck dat.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
deathberry said:

Official: Q is in!!!

ggd210

Please, post this bigger!!!
(I don't have a twitter!)

hitsugi said:
like I said, I play Viper and I can do those instant BKs and agree that she's an execution heavy character, but that is what allows her freedom.

Akuma in my opinion, is trash now.. or just not worth playing. Removing the ability to do fun s.HK combos is completely retarded, and let's not even get into his second ultra right now. Akuma in SSF4 will basically be Akuma in SF4 before people gained the execution / knowledge to do s.HK combos... what's the point of that?

also:

hakanz.jpg

saw this on my friend's twitter.. http://twitter.com/SpeedBrkr/status/9794454080

looks like wario's face to me, but who knows?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
The things I think would be most valuable to me.

Fuerte and Adon's movelists since there are questions on those- at least Adon Jag Kick motions and Fuerte's Q-Bomb

I'm curious if Honda got a new move like was rumored.

arstal said:
The things I think would be most valuable to me.

Fuerte and Adon's movelists since there are questions on those- at least Adon Jag Kick motions and Fuerte's Q-Bomb

I'm curious if Honda got a new move like was rumored.
Was there a rumor commenting on the change of Adon's inputs for the Jag Kick? I thought they kept it the same as Alpha 3.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Stabby McSter said:
Was there a rumor commenting on the change of Adon's inputs for the Jag Kick? I thought they kept it the same as Alpha 3.

It was rumored to have POSSIBLY changed to the A2 motion, which is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom