• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steaks

Hakan was made for me. His design is pretty much everything about every character I play rolled into one. Hakan is me. I am Hakan. :lol

kensk said:
Hakan was made for me. His design is pretty much everything about every character I play rolled into one. Hakan is me. I am Hakan. :lol
i have similar feelings

if the leaks are true of course

i guess you know better than i

Kajiba said:
1 Oiling Up (SRK K)

Oils up lol. I wonder what he gains from doing that. Less damage when getting hit?
It may be a Polymar Tag type of thing, where he uses it for certain moves. Like his slide may take two oils, or a certain grab may take 1 oil.

I feel charge characters should get major buff to their charge moves, considering it limits their movement and require time to use, unlike motion moves.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
FlightOfHeaven said:
I feel charge characters should get major buff to their charge moves, considering it limits their movement and require time to use, unlike motion moves.
then they'll be impossible. They already have the best normals.

Cowie said:
... so Hakan is made to troll shotos?

Well, I wasn't interested in playing him before, but...

Well let me be the first "dude who only plays Shoto's and can't ever take the time to learn anybody else" to take that challenge then

Steaks

FlightOfHeaven said:
Like how Guile has the lowest recovery fireball, or Chun-Li has the best normals, or how Rog has the best c.LP and the easiest to land Ultra or how Dictator has the safest high priority special move in the game?

The whole Hakan oil up thing reminds of of 3rd Strike, where you got bonuses for taunts.

I guess that would be hard to implement in 4 because each character has 10 taunts, each with different recovery.

As it stands, it sounds just like Shun Di and his drinks, as Dementia mentioned.

The whole oiling up thing is actually a great idea from a gameplay standpoint. Normally grapplers have to fight their way in and don't really have anything to do at range. Because Hakan can oil up and make his moves better, the other player is forced into a dangerous game where they have to close in on a grappler and play footsies if they want to shut down his oil. Because hakan can use his slide to avoid fireballs and close in, and can stop jump ins with his air grab, fighting Hakan would be a whole different game than traditional Street Fighter grapplers. It'll be interesting to see how the match ups turn out, more so than most of the other new characters.

It'll probably be like fighting a more dangerous Q, if anything.

Stantron

I suspect that the oil up special enhances his other specials (and possibly normals/ultra), but oiling up will not be required to 'unlock' those other moves.

Rice-Eater said:
Well let me be the first "dude who only plays Shoto's and can't ever take the time to learn anybody else" to take that challenge then

Relax. Dude didn't mean that in a mean spirited way towards Ryu players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any Ryu SSFIV videos out yet? (actual gameplay)

March already! Hype levels going up exponentially for me!

Sony had better fix this damned bug already! Couldn't get any matches in yesterday!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hitsugi said:
check out just about any SF4 vid with Ryu.. and pretend the random FADC'd fierce DPs are jab / strong varieties now.
That bad huh?

Arpharmd B said:
Relax. Dude didn't mean that in a mean spirited way towards Ryu players.

I know he didn't, we've played each other before. Cowie has a solid Rufus. I was just making a sarcastic response to his statement. I didn't mean to come off sounding upset or something like that.

Shito

kensk said:
More "TheLeaker"

SSF4 NEWS: Hakan has 4 Special Moves: 2 Grapple (360 P or 360 K in Air), 1 Slide (QCF P), 1 Oiling Up (SRK K) (via TheLeaker)

SSF4 NEWS: Hakan's slide counters fireball spammers; unsafe on block. Good damage w/Normals; not combo heavy. (via TheLeaker)

SSF4 NEWS: Hakan's Ultra 2 is prob his best weapon & best anti-air move in game; shuts down any jumping game. (via TheLeaker)
So, kensk, these quotes coming from you, I take it this is some sort of a semi-confirmation?
: )

Kintaro said:
I wouldn't mind seeing some El Fuerte news at some point. =x I'm not hopeful though.
i think the leaker's rumor stated he has reductions in recovery on many of his moves and he still got to retain RSF/daipan loop

zweifuss

Kajiba said:
1 Oiling Up (SRK K)

Oils up lol. I wonder what he gains from doing that. Less damage when getting hit?

I wonder if this move allows him to slip out of grabs, holds, and throws, perhaps even command throws. That would be pretty sweet. Obviously for this to work it would be time based, and after a while he'll lose his oil.

zweifuss said:
I wonder if this move allows him to slip out of grabs, holds, and throws, perhaps even command throws. That would be pretty sweet. Obviously for this to work it would be time based, and after a while he'll lose his oil.
i would lol if at max oil he could just squeeze his way out of an Ultimate Atomic Buster.

Yoshichan said:
Any Ryu SSFIV videos out yet? (actual gameplay)

Some info from what I've seen

-damage seems unchanged
-Fierce SRK is 2 hits, can't FADC after the 2nd hit according to Justin Wong
-You can SRK, FADC, Ultra 2, but you won't get full damage. I have no idea how much damage you will get either

I hope his strong SRK still has good invincibility frames or his anti air game will be weakened with the lack of being able to FADC into Ultra with his fierce SRK.

Rice-Eater said:
-You can SRK, FADC, Ultra 2, but you won't get full damage. I have no idea how much damage you will get either
I wonder if it's like Ken's Ultra I.
That is, you get the full animation/damage if the SRK is a counter hit.

Ryu players: What does this mean exactly for his game, given that you can no longer FADC off a fierce Shoryu?

Can't you still do most/all the setups and combos, but just with mp or lp shoryu instead?

Cowie said:
Looks like it's time to oil up!

Maybe there is a flaw. For example what if fire based moves like Ken's fierce SRK or Ryu's EX fireball does double the damage when you're all ooey gooey. Come on Capcom, make it happen :lol

Rice, since I haven't really played lately. Is there a difference in the distance between Jab, strong or fierce SRK? I'm assuming people use the fierce for the damage?

And he sounds pretty much the same.

They're doing some weird rebalancing, especially on the weaker characters (Gen's slap chop).

Yoshichan

Rice-Eater said:
-Fierce SRK is 2 hits, can't FADC after the 2nd hit according to Justin Wong
Wtf does this mean? I won't be able to fierce SRK FADC then? (Since the first hit won't juggle the opponent right?)

_dementia said:
I wonder if it's like Ken's Ultra I.
That is, you get the full animation/damage if the SRK is a counter hit.

I hope so, just give us a realistic chance to land it outside of a focus crumple as the other possible ways aren't even worth mentioning.

Stantron

Rice-Eater said:
Maybe there is a flaw. For example what if fire based moves like Ken's fierce SRK or Ryu's EX fireball does double the damage when you're all ooey gooey. Come on Capcom, make it happen :lol
Only if plasma chuckers self-ignite when trying to throw a fireball after being grabbed once from the oil residue.

Cowie

Rice-Eater said:

This would be too hilarious for me to deny.

the_log_ride said:
Wow, I missed the news that you can't FADC off the 2nd hit on HP SRK. That seems kind of odd. Can you FADC off the 2nd hit on MP SRK?

I remember hearing at the time of CES from someone that mp was still 1 hit, but afterward I (thought I?) heard from someone reliable (I think maybe even Seth Killian?) that mp and hp would both be two hits.

Honestly, I have no idea if the MP SRK is 2 hit or not. I'd like to know that for sure myself. I know the LP SRK is still definitely 1 hit and people can still use it to FADC into both Ultras. But of course we'll all just flock to MP SRK if it's still one hit or can be FADC'd after the 2nd hit if that's what it is now.

I think they wanted to rebalance his fierce SRK. Without FADC that'll reduce the damage from his SRK, FADC, Ultra set up since you'll have to use a weaker SRK. But his fierce SRK can armor break now, which is a small plus.

Spider, you pretty much have the right idea. Fierce SRK for damage and anti air. LP SRK for punishing loose block strings and I guess to allow you to keep pressuring your opponent because fierce SRK will allow your opponents to quick stand before you can get in there face again.

the_log_ride said:
Wow, I missed the news that you can't FADC off the 2nd hit on HP SRK. That seems kind of odd. Can you FADC off the 2nd hit on MP SRK?
because his foot is off the ground on the 2nd hit... pretty much like Ken's 3rd hit off his HP DP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom