• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no, both his feet are still clearly on the ground when the 2nd hit connects. That's why many people including myself assumed that you could FADC after the 2nd hit. But that's not the case according to Wong when he was interviewed by Gootecks on his podcast.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Rice-Eater said:
Honestly, I have no idea if the MP SRK is 2 hit or not. I'd like to know that for sure myself. I know the LP SRK is still definitely 1 hit and people can still use it to FADC into both Ultras. But of course we'll all just flock to MP SRK if it's still one hit or can be FADC'd after the 2nd hit if that's what it is now.

I think they wanted to rebalance his fierce SRK. Without FADC that'll reduce the damage from his SRK, FADC, Ultra set up since you'll have to use a weaker SRK. But his fierce SRK can armor break now, which is a small plus.

Spider, you pretty much have the right idea. Fierce SRK for damage and anti air. LP SRK for punishing loose block strings and I guess to allow you to keep pressuring your opponent because fierce SRK will allow your opponents to quick stand before you can get in there face again.

Won't people just keep jab DP into ultra instead. No FADC needed even.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gutter_trash said:
he can? well IMO he shouldn't!!!
Akuma is such a cheater IMO, Akuma should be removed from Street Fighter.. and Dan too
pallet swaps
Yeah but if you FADC > Akuma Fireball after three hits from the SRK, he'll only get hit once.

Edit - n/m just tried it out. Two hits from the fireball.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
do you guys think there will be a new ( playable ) end boss? Or is it seth again

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
do you guys think there will be a new ( playable ) end boss? Or is it seth again
Apparently Bison and Seth are working with each other now so it's most likely Seth.

With so many demo builds out in the wild, are most of the changes known at this point?

I'm going to scour SRK when I get back. I must know what has changed with the popcorn eating one.

_dementia said:
MP shoryu hits once. EX and HP will hit twice.

Cowie said:
I remember hearing at the time of CES from someone that mp was still 1 hit, but afterward I (thought I?) heard from someone reliable (I think maybe even Seth Killian?) that mp and hp would both be two hits.

I could have sworn seeing some CES videos that MP SRK also did 2 hits. I was only able to assume it was MP SRK because it didn't have that White streak that appears when you do a Fierce SRK. Maybe that was changed since then? /shrug

Deathberry can answer all these if he wasn't a self-claimed SF nub :lol

the_log_ride said:
I could have sworn seeing some CES videos that MP SRK also did 2 hits. I was only able to assume it was MP SRK because it didn't have that White streak that appears when you do a Fierce SRK. Maybe that was changed since then? /shrug

Deathberry can answer all these if he wasn't a self-claimed SF nub :lol

You're talking about this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-_7BdxxYs

I remember seeing it but didn't really notice it because Seth Killian immediately says his fierce uppercut is now 2 hits. But anyways, you're right, the first SRK he does is 2 hits and doesn't have a white streak. He then does a fierce SRK which does have a white streak. I guess this means all Ryu's SRK's are 2 hits now except his jab SRK.

Rice-Eater said:
You're talking about this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-_7BdxxYs

I remember seeing it but didn't really notice it because Seth Killian immediately says his fierce uppercut is now 2 hits. But anyways, you're right, the first SRK he does is 2 hits and doesn't have a white streak. He then does a fierce SRK which does have a white streak. I guess this means all Ryu's SRK's are 2 hits now except his jab SRK.

I'm with you, bud. I need answers NOW! :lol

ArjanN

kensk said:
More "TheLeaker"

SSF4 NEWS: Hakan has 4 Special Moves: 2 Grapple (360 P or 360 K in Air), 1 Slide (QCF P), 1 Oiling Up (SRK K) (via TheLeaker)

SSF4 NEWS: Hakan's slide counters fireball spammers; unsafe on block. Good damage w/Normals; not combo heavy. (via TheLeaker)

SSF4 NEWS: Hakan's Ultra 2 is prob his best weapon & best anti-air move in game; shuts down any jumping game. (via TheLeaker)

Ugh, 360 moves. Guess I won't use Hakan after all. Shame because otherwise he sounds pretty fun.

Hitokage said:
If you want to call it that...
i kinda do

i mean geneijin conjurs images of super long juggles

but the juggle system in IV is way lamer than III so Juri's custom combos will probably be extended ground based fadc-able shenanigans as oppoesed to yun's 2D Tekken

Myomoto

ArjanN said:
Ugh, 360 moves. Guess I won't use Hakan after all. Shame because otherwise he sounds pretty fun.

360's aren't that tough, especially since they're just 270's in SFIV. 720 motions on the other hand, are the infernal spawn of Satan.

"360's aren't that tough, especially since they're just 270's in SFIV"

I think they're actually just 225's in SFIV and 270's in every other SF. Even easier!

Myomoto

Teknopathetic said:
"360's aren't that tough, especially since they're just 270's in SFIV"

I think they're actually just 225's in SFIV and 270's in every other SF. Even easier!

Might be. But I know for a fact that you can start them at any point on the stick, not just towards the opponent.

LakeEarth

Ooh, another 360 grapple user. I loved playing Hugo in 3s but just didn't like how Zangief is in 4, so for sure I'll give him a whirl.

XenoRaven

LeMaximilian said:
It's not like you couldn't catch Street Fighter characters in compromising positions before. I find it silly that he felt the need to point out that it looks like 69 only if it's a female character as if there's a different animation for the male characters.

Rufus

XenoRaven said:
I find it silly that he felt the need to point out that it looks like 69 only if it's a female character as if there's a different animation for the male characters.
Who knows, man, maybe that's actually the case. :lol

LOL @ reach-around

I never would have thought I would be so anxious to know what the startup and recovery are for a Turkish oil wrestler. Furthermore, I expect comedy gold from his taunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom