• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
LosDaddie said:
:lol

Indestructable (or whatever will be the next j-pop song on SUPER) is probably the main reason why I'm considering the X360 version (custom soundtracks) for SUPER.

EDIT: Aw shit....talking about the song has got it in my head now. :( :( *turns on NPR webstream*
The PS3 version of SFIV supports custom soundtracks. But, not during online play.

ShinAmano

Chairhome said:

Do you like Ken?
Sorry, had to do it
Yeah, but I would want the same for Ryu and most other characters examples:
Ryu could interact with the same characters as Ken but add in Sakura and Sagat.
Gouken and Akuma has to be epic.
Sagat and Dan.
Honda and Dhalsim if nothing more then for the movie fight.
Cammy and Bison.
Chun Li and Vega.

I could go on and on. :D

LosDaddie

Banned
imtehman said:
i fucking love capcom, this won't be a full priced game? This is why they are the develop of the generation.

Agreed. Capcom is my favorite dev this gen: Dead Rising, SFIV, RE5, DMC4, etc

Blueblur1

Thank God for new intros and endings for characters! I hope they don't outsource it to another anime studio this time. In my opinion, the in-game models are pretty good and they should use them. And Spring 2010 will be awesome solely because I'll have SSFIV and the Halo: Reach Beta. :)

SoulFist said:
I don't think Indestructable will ever leave me without intensive therapy sessions.

(Yeah)
(Come on)
I can feel it coming over me
I feel it all around me
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
It's my destiny

There's a fight inside of me
It's waiting to come out now
No matter what
No matter how
I know I'll make it through somehow

Cuz when the mood feels so wrong
I'll still be holding on (holding on)
I'm gonna keep on going
I know I'll be strong
(Yeah)

Indestructible
I won't let anybody break me down (break me down)
Indestructible
Nothing's gonna stop me now (now)

Indestructible
Gonna, gonna make it, gonna keep on going
Indestructible
The last man standing

I'm waiting for whatever (whatever)
I'm never giving up
Nothing can break my spirit
Cuz it's indestructible
(Yeah)

turnbuckle

I haven't participated at all in this or the original SFIV thread, but I just wanted to state my excitement here. :D

Has there been any announcements of new controllers coming out, or is that a bit too soon? I bought a few of the SFIV pads, but one of the dpad on the Akuma controller feels a bit "gummy" and I'd love to replace it with a T. Hawk version.

Actually, I'd love to have a Hugo version but he's probably not gonna be in this one :'(

I'm hoping the networking is going to be more optimized. I love playing SFIV with friends, but I definitely get more laggy connections than good ones and it's prevented me from getting too involved in the online game. Maybe it's just my imagination but I felt like I had better connections on the HD Remix. Or maybe something is just shitty about my connection and I'm projecting :lol

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
jaundicejuice said:
(Yeah)
(Come on)
I feel it all around me
It's my destiny

No matter what
No matter how

I'm gonna keep on going
I know I'll be strong
(Yeah)

Indestructible
Indestructible

Indestructible
Indestructible
The last man standing

I'm never giving up
Cuz it's indestructible
(Yeah)
I hope you burn.

LosDaddie

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
The PS3 version of SFIV supports custom soundtracks. But, not during online play.

Yeah, we went over this already a few pages back.

Since I only play online now, it doesn't "work" for me. I mean, I guess I understand custom soundtracks not playing when the fighting starts, but at least let me hear them in the lobby (I mainly host).

turnbuckle said:
I haven't participated at all in this or the original SFIV thread, but I just wanted to state my excitement here. :D

Has there been any announcements of new controllers coming out, or is that a bit too soon? I bought a few of the SFIV pads, but one of the dpad on the Akuma controller feels a bit "gummy" and I'd love to replace it with a T. Hawk version.

Actually, I'd love to have a Hugo version but he's probably not gonna be in this one :'(

I'm hoping the networking is going to be more optimized. I love playing SFIV with friends, but I definitely get more laggy connections than good ones and it's prevented me from getting too involved in the online game. Maybe it's just my imagination but I felt like I had better connections on the HD Remix. Or maybe something is just shitty about my connection and I'm projecting :lol
Madcatz has a "Round 2" refresh coming out this fall, but none of the art reflects the new characters.

Oooh, I wonder if Hori will make a SSFIV-branded HRAP V *faps to death*

MrMephistoX

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
Not going to happen.

I would settle for a 3rd Strike XBL/PSN release though.

I second this...as long as the netplay is more reliable than on LIVE via emulation I'll be happy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kintaro said:
Har. I'm not a fan of her clothing to be honest. WTF is she wearing exactly? Her top looks goofy and her chaps are just odd.

It's sort of weird. Her top almost looks painted on. I think they still have some work to do on her.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GuardianE said:
It's sort of weird. Her top almost looks painted on. I think they still have some work to do on her.

They should ditch the chaps and give her pants like Kim Kaphwan's and fix the shirt. Can't do much about the hair because her hair is their way of letting us know she's "evil".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kintaro said:
Har. I'm not a fan of her clothing to be honest. WTF is she wearing exactly? Her top looks goofy and her chaps are just odd.

You're absolutely right. Everyone else in Street Fighter is wearing very classy clothing. Not an odd person in the bunch. Nope.

Dali

GuardianE said:
It's the low res textures. Every time I see a close-up of her straps, I think it's a skin made for the PC version.

Kintaro said:
They should ditch the chaps and give her pants like Kim Kaphwan's and fix the shirt. Can't do much about the hair because her hair is their way of letting us know she's "evil".
I thought the glowing eye was.

Kintaro

thetrin said:
You're absolutely right. Everyone else in Street Fighter is wearing very classy clothing. Not an odd person in the bunch. Nope.

Wow! You're right! I shouldn't say anything ever about anything because the rest of them are look stupid too! I see the light!

Fuck man.

viewtiful_dru said:
I thought the glowing eye was.

Nah, that's so she looks "cool".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kintaro said:
Wow! You're right! I shouldn't say anything ever about anything because the rest of them are look stupid too! I see the light!

Fuck man.

Hahaha, you take the internet too seriously. :lol

I'm merely saying that if you're going to pick apart her clothing, might as well pick apart all of them. SF is known for silly characters and goofy clothing.

thetrin

Leunam said:
They would all be wearing a gi/kurtka/shorts/wrappings/whatever if it were up to me. :mad:

Well then I'm glad it's not up to you.

Dali

Kintaro said:
Nah, that's so she looks "cool".
In the [very short] lexicon of Japanese character design, glowing eyes definitely equals evil.

Evil Ryu
Jin
Kazuya
Omega Rugal
Akuma
Violent Ken etc.

Of course, Dragon Ball characters being the exception to the rule (didn't their eyes glow).

Kintaro

thetrin said:
Hahaha, you take the internet too seriously. :lol

I'm merely saying that if you're going to pick apart her clothing, might as well pick apart all of them. SF is known for silly characters and goofy clothing.

No, you just take the fun out of chit chatting by attempting to be funny. Yes, I have discussed the goofiness of the rest of the cast. Since there is no point in doing so now, the discussion shifted to the new character.

thetrin

Kintaro said:
No, you just take the fun out of chit chatting by attempting to be funny. Yes, I have discussed the goofiness of the rest of the cast. Since there is no point in doing so now, the discussion shifted to the new character.

I didn't realize this thread was meant to be a circle jerk. Disagreement is part of communication. You're going to have to get used to that. I disagree that she looks silly in the context of Street Fighter.

(I wasn't attempting to be funny, btw. Sarcasm is just how I roll)

Skilletor said:
You're mistaken, my friend. Cody had a wakeup attack where he would scoop up dirt and throw it at you. It was slow, had no range, and was next to useless, but it was there. down + kkk when you get knocked down, I believe. I forget if it was a specific -ism.

Sorry, but REAL Cody players never got knocked down. Talk involving cody getting hit is blasphemy. Discussion involving his V-ism corner guard crush into juggle infinite shall resume now.

It's quarter circle from back to down + P, and it could only be done in A and Vism

turnbuckle

_dementia said:
Madcatz has a "Round 2" refresh coming out this fall, but none of the art reflects the new characters.

Oooh, I wonder if Hori will make a SSFIV-branded HRAP V *faps to death*

Dang, hopefully they'll launch a new series during the game's release. For some reason I've never been able to get comfortable with arcade sticks. My setup doesn't really allow for me to use one unless I hold it in my lap and I don't really feel comfortable with stick's unless I'm standing up. I was always one of those arcade guys who just couldn't play right unless I was standing. Sitting on a stool was like placing a handicap on me.

I bought the Hori EX2 stick a couple years back but I just keep it in a closet next to my Wii now :(

Kintaro

thetrin said:
I didn't realize this thread was meant to be a circle jerk. Disagreement is part of communication. You're going to have to get used to that. I disagree that she looks silly in the context of Street Fighter.

(I wasn't attempting to be funny, btw. Sarcasm is just how I roll)

You simply dismissed the discussion by saying "they all look goofy so who cares!" That's not really communication nor does it help any discussion. You should get used to that. There was no circle jerkery here.

How about this? Every (almost) fighter in IV has something in their design that matches their fighting style (even if the rest of their style looks goofy as fuck). Those that don't, look out of place. Rufus and Viper for example. Juri doesn't wear anything that denotes her style. Last I checked, Taekwando masters don't run around rocking the chaps. I suggested the change to a more recognizable style associated with it (everyone knows and associated Kim's wear with Taekwando, Hwoarang is another example). You jumped in dismissing the whole thing.

Care to participate?

Threi

notag
So bitching for the sake of bitching is acceptable because the thread isn't supposed to be a circle jerk.

Gotcha.

LosDaddie said:
Yeah, we went over this already a few pages back.

Since I only play online now, it doesn't "work" for me. I mean, I guess I understand custom soundtracks not playing when the fighting starts, but at least let me hear them in the lobby (I mainly host).
Okay, I see. Let's hope Capcom lets us have are own music in the lobby now.

thetrin

Kintaro said:
You simply dismissed the discussion by saying "they all look goofy so who cares!" That's not really communication nor does it help any discussion. You should get used to that. There was no circle jerkery here.

How about this? Every (almost) fighter in IV has something in their design that matches their fighting style (even if the rest of their style looks goofy as fuck). Those that don't, look out of place. Rufus and Viper for example. Juri doesn't wear anything that denotes her style. Last I checked, Taekwando masters don't run around rocking the chaps. I suggested the change to a more recognizable style associated with it (everyone knows and associated Kim's wear with Taekwando, Hwoarang is another example). You jumped in dismissing the whole thing.

Care to participate?

I was hardly dismissing the discussion. I was pointing out that critiquing her wear when she's standing among dudes with pyramid haircuts and suits with shoulder pads on the outside is a sign that you're not really getting the big picture.

Abel, a character I'm sure no one has a problem with, is also one of the most boring looking characters. He's not visually memorable, and if not for his fantastic moveset, I'd probably constantly forget his name.

Juri has flashy clothes, and looks unique. In the context of giant muscular native american chieftains and an emaciated Indian witch doctor with skulls around his neck, Juri seems pretty normal to me.

I didn't think I had to explain that, though. My original sentence was pretty self-explanatory.

Dizzy-4U said:
Actually, it's all part of the evil plan. Once they 8 characters are revealed, two more will be added in the following months, so everyone will think that Ono went the extra mile because of the fans. That way, he will be seen as a God by the community....again. Then, Ono will go home and laugh.

And those two characters will be...Dark Ryu and Shin Akuma. :lol

Kintaro said:

Care to participate?
Her pants do sort of resemble chaps, but it seems more like a different take on puffy pants they come with gis. It differs from the norm and she wears the ankle guards(?) which relate to TKD. Though the horns look odd at first it's sort of like pigtails.

Kintaro

anotheriori said:
Her pants do sort of resemble chaps, but it seems more like a different take on puffy pants they come with gis. It differs from the norm and she wears the ankle guards(?) which relate to TKD. Though the horns look odd at first it's sort of like pigtails.

Looking closer, I guess they could be her own take on Taekwando pants. Taekwanchaps! They have no crotch and she has nothing on underneath. Shirt is still all fucked up though.

thetrin said:
I was hardly dismissing the discussion. I was pointing out that critiquing her wear when she's standing among dudes with pyramid haircuts and suits with shoulder pads on the outside is a sign that you're not really getting the big picture.

I get the big picture just fine. Just not allowed to say if I like it or not. Gotcha.

Abel, a character I'm sure no one has a problem with, is also one of the most boring looking characters. He's not visually memorable, and if not for his fantastic moveset, I'd probably constantly forget his name.

Abel stands out because he is one of the most normal characters IMO.

Juri has flashy clothes, and looks unique. In the context of giant muscular native american chieftains and an emaciated Indian witch doctor with skulls around his neck, Juri seems pretty normal to me.

Sure, in the realm of shitty characters, she is normal. Doesn't mean I can't object to portions of her design anyways. Nowhere did I say she didn't belong or fit in with the cast.

-PXG-

jaundicejuice said:
(Yeah)
(Come on)
I feel it all around me
It's my destiny

No matter what
No matter how

I'm gonna keep on going
I know I'll be strong
(Yeah)

Indestructible
Indestructible

Indestructible
Indestructible
The last man standing

I'm never giving up
Cuz it's indestructible
(Yeah)

Needs to be quoted again....for good measure.

Jenga

Banned
Chemo said:
So, the rebalancing definitely means that Vega (Claw) is getting a buff, right?

Right? : /
Very likely.

I can see any current C ranked and below getting buffed in some form. And then you have the new ultra which could also mix things up completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom