• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

BitchTits said:
Except Sakura who is still in school and never ages.

Yeah, hopefully SFV'll be more about progression and development instead of the static, superhero-esque portrayal that they have goin' on in SFIV. Sakura should be a gym teacher like in Sakura-Ganbaru! 'cause Capcom knows Nakahira's the best writer they have.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
From these screenshots im beginning to think MaxOut is not a projectile anymore...

Yeah, it doesn't even look like it's moving in the screenshots.

kitzkozan

Skilotonn said:
Well there you go - now people can finally shut up about it - and I say this without even seeing the bitching at SRK, and I KNOW it just has to be worse over there...

Moving on, has anyone translated anything from the scans or the Famitsu site yet? I'm wondering if they've even talked about the new Ultra system yet, because I was so happy to read from the leaks that they'd be 2 per character and non-selectable, but these Roman numerals suggest otherwise...

Oh and yeah, Dee Jay's bottom row of teeth are jacked up - hopefully they fix them before release - can't have one of my new mains like that... :)

Ono is a marketing genius. :lol I knew he would do something like this and I also knew people would explode in rage and despair. :p

It's going to play out exactly like one gaf member said: Ono say that SSF IV is console only.Arcade fans explode in rage and despair,only for Ono to say 6 months later:somehow,someway an arcade version of SSF IV is coming even if evil Capcom is against it.Heroic Ono save SF once again and every fan rush to the nearest arcade to play SSF IV. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm glad the inclusion of 8 new characters is confirmed. If they're adding that many characters, Super is going to be quite the overhaul.

I don't know why, but I love fighting game updates, especially the stand alone ones. (I know, I'm crazy)

Skilletor

FindMyFarms said:
He throws ROCKS. Never make that mistake again sir. I will be maining Cody and his top tier rock throwing skills in SSF4.

You're mistaken, my friend. Cody had a wakeup attack where he would scoop up dirt and throw it at you. It was slow, had no range, and was next to useless, but it was there. down + kkk when you get knocked down, I believe. I forget if it was a specific -ism.

thetrin said:
I'm glad the inclusion of 8 new characters is confirmed. If they're adding that many characters, Super is going to be quite the overhaul.

I don't know why, but I love fighting game updates, especially the stand alone ones. (I know, I'm crazy)
I just hope all three rumored SFIII characters make it in.

Skilletor said:
Cody had a wakeup attack where he would scoop up dirt and throw it at you. It was slow, had no range, and was next to useless, but it was there. down + kkk when you get knocked down, I believe. I forget if it was a specific -ism.

Oddly enough, if Cody is in the game, and this attack isn`t in it, I`ll be a little disapointed. I never saw this in Alpha 3, so I would love to do it to unsuspecting people online. I may not win alot, but a least they got dirt in their face.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
kitzkozan said:
Ono is a marketing genius. :lol I knew he would do something like this and I also knew people would explode in rage and despair. :p

It's going to play out exactly like one gaf member said: Ono say that SSF IV is console only.Arcade fans explode in rage and despair,only for Ono to say 6 months later:somehow,someway an arcade version of SSF IV is coming even if evil Capcom is against it.Heroic Ono save SF once again and every fan rush to the nearest arcade to play SSF IV. :lol

:lol

classic good cop / bad cop

GhaleonQ said:

I read the plot guide with it's many retcon and questions and I figured a couple of things out.

Because the ball was dropped from the jump and Alpha and 4 took place a lot of shit is fucked up storywise.

Now time is a factor here and because of that in order to make sense of it all we also have to assume that a lot of events take place at the same time or within a small time frame from each other.

Taking a look at my list and comparing it to the plot guide a couple of questions come up.

When we get to Alpha 2 according to the guide it takes place over the span over a year and a half. So that does makes sense leaving Revenge as non canon and Final Fight 2 taking it's place. But Guy and all that master crap fucked a lot of things up so retcons for all here. So now Cody gets randomly arrested after Final Fight 2.

After A3 and before ST I originally put Rival Schools because of the debate of whether that shit happened in this universe. I'm on the yes side so I included it. But because Sakura takes I Can't Grow Up Juice this gets ran over like road kill. As most other things canon wise. Or Sakura has a fetish for wearing School Girl outfits. SWEET!!!

Final Fight 3 as the inbetween of A3 and ST makes sense because Guy comes back to Metro City. But this makes Dean a straight up liar unless those electric powers of his are Shadaloo made. This would make him a NPC we never see in Alpha 3. And it keeps with the FF/SF trade off. You could also parlay this as an early version of Shadow and Shadow Lady from the VS series. Or more canonically speaking a real early working version of what would become Seth and Abel.

Nothing FF happens for a while but we do know that Streetwise is the end. There is the Seven Sons game that got canned. That may have been the bridge between 4 and 2nd Impact but who knows.

Slam Masters
Street Fighter 1
Ring of Destruction
Final Fight 1
Alpha 2
Final Fight 2
Alpha 3
Final Fight 3
Super Turbo
Super 4
2nd Impact
3rd Strike
Final Fight Streetwise

I love research posts. You learn so much.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ReXXXSoprano said:
Slam Masters
Street Fighter 1
Ring of Destruction
Final Fight 1
Alpha 2
Final Fight 2
Alpha 3
Final Fight 3
Super Turbo
Super 4
2nd Impact
3rd Strike
Final Fight Streetwise

I think it was mentioned (rumored?) That Super IV takes place a year after IV

h3ro

Leunam said:
You could see that in the one video where Ono is being interviewed with someone playing Juri in the background.

Cool, must have missed it before. I was too busy staring at the tongue.

h3ro

PhatSaqs said:
Juri has a (ridiculous) dive kick :lol

So much range! It went corner to corner! :lol

Also, DeeJay looks dope. Great animation! Regarding his projectile, that video confirms what I thought, the large one we were seeing was just the end of his Ultra projectile, not the regular charge one. I don't think they've shown the regular one yet (but I could be wrong).

Threi

notag
PhatSaqs said:
Juri also has a (ridiculous) dive kick :lol
and projectiles (one being AA projectile like gouken)

and it looks like she can combo into full ultra pretty easily. The super doesnt look easy to land though :/

Shito

Threi said:
and it looks like she can combo into full ultra pretty easily. The super doesnt look easy to land though :/
Well, after all ono seemed to be saying they were still tuning her at the moment, in the famitsu interview.

Right now, if you hit with one attack, you can basically string together attacks for as long as you want, so she's way too strong. This is no good of course, but that's why we're still tuning it.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
That description kinda reminds me of May Lee right now. That's not a good thing- May Lee was one of the most broken designs in KOF history.

I think they'll figure it out eventually.

New opening/ending cutscenes for all characters! Hell yeah!

Snapshot King said:
Siegfried from Soul Cal is 140 and 5'3 if I remember right :lol Japanese people seem to have a severe problem judging height and weight.

Soul Calibur takes place in the 1600s right? Seems like you're the one with a severe problem judging height and weight :lol

Arde5643

Snapshot King said:
As much as I liked to be bitching at people to stop crying, if the petition really was what got them to reconsider it, that's pretty awesome.

EDIT: But I imagine 2chan going fucking insane helped.
I think the petition and 2chan's backlashes helped in Ono doing damage control by saying it now instead of waiting another week or month to reveal that arcade release is there. :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
MicVlaD said:
auyveq.jpg

His dentures are creepy if you ask me. Even Rufus is terrified.

:lol That's awesome. Capcom doesn't shy away from stereotypes. I mean, just look at his teeth

Peff

New openings/endings? Yay :D ! I hope they get a decent budget this time because some of SFIV's were hilariously static.

Leunam

I wouldn't speculate combo possibilites too much yet since there are still many adjustments to be made. Hell, whoever was playing Juri was having a hard time landing a full super at point blank. Half of the hits missed, usually. Lots of changes are still going to be made between now and the eventual release (hell, look the animations for Abels Super and Ultra during loc-tests, very different to what it is now).

Wow good IGN interview..

He really nails on a lot of things like online play and improving it as well as the openings/endings.

And new Darkstalkers with that engine would be holy shit worthy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
McBradders said:
If this is as, uh, balanced as SFIV vanilla and really does have quarter lobbies that are playable this is truly, truly the game of forever.
BUY. THE. PS3. VERSION.

Leunam said:
I wouldn't speculate combo possibilites too much yet since there are still many adjustments to be made. Hell, whoever was playing Juri was having a hard time landing a full super at point blank. Half of the hits missed, usually. Lots of changes are still going to be made between now and the eventual release (hell, look the animations for Abels Super and Ultra during loc-tests, very different to what it is now).
Do you have any video examples of this?
Curiosity has the better of me, did he at one point not have Captain America's super? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom