• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pimpbaa said:
Fuck no. SF3 were never and will never be as memorable as the SF2 characters. And that's because they fucking suck.
Not all of them sucked...Oro i didnt like..
Hugo, Alex, Dudley and Remy..maybe and few more..I think Hugo was awesome.

Linkhero1

anotherworld said:
Not all of them sucked...Oro i didnt like..
Hugo, Alex, Dudley and Remy..maybe and few more..I think Hugo was awesome.
I used to think Hugo was weird and never chose him, but once I started to mess around with a lot of characters I found him really fun to play as. I loved doing his specials.

kitzkozan

Kintaro said:
I know no one here gives a shit about the story...but I wish Capcom would. =/ Nothing wrong with having a fun storyline going on. I enjoyed playing through Blaz Blue's storyline mode with the characters. I think it would be neat to see Capcom clean some of this up.

I put in SF4 at my GameStop because I was tired of hearing Beatles. The reactions have been interesting. From people who have never played a fighter before (let alone know what SF is) to those who grew up with it, but think "it's stupid now compared to better games like MW2". Then I had a kid, who played through Ryu's arcade mode, beat it, saw the ending and turned to me saying "Why bother putting in an ending when it makes no sense at all?" I couldn't help but agree with him.

Cest la vie. Just wishful thinking (same goes for all fighters btw).

What I find interesting about your post is this: those who grew up with it, but think "it's stupid now compared to better games like MW2". :lol How can a game which portray fighting can be more stupid or less than another showing shooting and killing? :p My guess is that the only fighting game they would play these days is related to boxing or UFC because it's "real and gritty".

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Stabby McSter said:
http://www.famitsu.com/image/4098/oVvNoi5K4luzkJU4x7B3xyfsw3T31ZXf.jpg

copy paste the link

anyone wanna tell me why it says "time" on the ultra bar? D:

2h67ce1.gif

Jenga

Banned
Am I really the only one who wants to see Cody back in prison uniform?
I always thought it made him stand out...then again I'm sure if not, it'll definitely be an alt costume. course, it just begs the question if cody will be back with chains and throwing dirt and the knife

DR2K

Banned
"But what about MEEE? I work hard! My money is valuable!"

Well you know how it feels then, don't you, motherfucker? You work hard for the money you spend on games, and somebody else worked just as hard so you could have them to play. Why don't you want them to get paid for that? What makes you so special, little miss snowflake?

:lol

Linkhero1

Jenga said:
Am I really the only one who wants to see Cody back in prison uniform?
I always thought it made him stand out...then again I'm sure if not, it'll definitely be an alt costume. course, it just begs the question if cody will be back with chains and throwing dirt and the knife
I do, but knowing Capcom, they will probably have that as a costume that you would have to download.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
kitzkozan said:
What I find interesting about your post is this: those who grew up with it, but think "it's stupid now compared to better games like MW2". :lol How can a game which portray fighting can be more stupid or less than another showing shooting and killing? :p My guess is that the only fighting game they would play these days is related to boxing or UFC because it's "real and gritty".

To be clear, I live near an Air Force Base and grew up around both the Air Force and Army.

You are correct. UFC was big in my area because it was "real". As for why they think its stupid now...well, I guess they believe they "grew up". Alot of them went into the military or something to that effect and now they want to play something more "real"? I'm honestly not quite sure to be honest.

I don't mind the success of MW and FPS in general. I don't play them, but I don't mind them. For the demographic most of those games sell to, it fits right in with them. Perhaps it's part of a more "grown up" dream?

It's something I've thought about alot as I grew older and observe things at my store.

To be honest, it always kind of...tripped me out to see men and women who are in the military, who have served in Iraq and other combat zones, come home and eagerly pick up Modern Warfare or another FPS military type game with a smile on their face. Really interesting to look at. When I've asked them, I've never gotten a concrete answer as to why.

Sorry for going off topic. Perhaps I should write an article and pitch it somewhere. :lol

Nemesis556 said:

This was cute and I laughed. But, yeah if you want to play SF4 with anyone online after Super comes out, you kind of do have to buy it because no one will be playing vanilla 4 again. =P

Jenga

Banned
Wasn't there supposed to be some thing about Deejay and Hakan today?

I know there was that famitsu article with deejay in there but...

Kintaro said:
To be honest, it always kind of...tripped me out to see men and women who are in the military, who have served in Iraq and other combat zones, come home and eagerly pick up Modern Warfare or another FPS military type game with a smile on their face. Really interesting to look at. When I've asked them, I've never gotten a concrete answer as to why.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this. never got a straight answer when I would ask Marines why they were playing and ask if it's horrifying.

Hoping for some more rhythmic ass kickery tonight.

Edit: Ah, it's in the blog there. Nice :D

SoulFist

Everyone cross your fingers for Makoto being in the update tonight. If she is in the game, I hope she keeps her awesome forward dash.

Jenga

Banned
It's DeeJay. however, if we're lucky, they might do what they did with the T.Hawk.

Here's hoping to Deejay and Hakan.

So DJ is about 6' and weighs 202 pounds. Although he looks even bigger(more like 220-230 at least), at least it's a decent number to put down. Saying Ryu weighs 150 pounds at 5'10 is ridiculous considering his design in just about any SF game.

Rice-Eater said:
So DJ is about 6' and weighs 202 pounds. Although he looks even bigger(more like 220-230 at least), at least it's a decent number to put down. Saying Ryu weighs 150 pounds at 5'10 is ridiculous considering his design in just about any SF game, well maybe not the Alpha series.

Siegfried from Soul Cal is 140 and 5'3 if I remember right :lol Japanese people seem to have a severe problem judging height and weight.

Linkhero1

Lost Fragment said:
Dudes on SRK are saying that the blog post says that SSF4 will come out in arcades.
I thought they explain why it wont.

Edit: Just read that they are not giving up on arcades or something to that extent.

Steaks

What this amounts to is Ono-speak for "when it comes out on arcades, you can thank me because i did all this work making our loyal fans happy" when it's being developed for arcades as we speak.

AZ Greg

Translation from Sabin:

they dont give up sf4 arcade and they know ppl are crazy about sf4 now
and super sf4 is been made for both arcade and console and they are sure ppl can enjoy it both at game center and home
they are creating it without compromizing and fight everyday each other so "please expect and wait for it"

Welp, I guess the petition worked!

AZ Greg said:
Translation from Sabin:

Welp, I guess the petition worked!

As much as I liked to be bitching at people to stop crying, if the petition really was what got them to reconsider it, that's pretty awesome.

EDIT: But I imagine 2chan going fucking insane helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom