• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

From 1994:

SuperStreetFighterSmall.jpg

How perfect was that?!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I know Makoto, Ibuki and Dudley are pretty much internet confirmed so;

the character that All Freedom loving, Soshalism hatin, Non-Kenyan, islamoFashizm fighting American would want:

urien-intro.gif
urien-win2.gif
urientimeloss.gif

urien-cfesuper.gif

Dizzy-4U

Since all the characters will have at least two ultras, it will be funny as hell to see the reactions and meltdowns when Seth does Resurrection.

zweifuss

_dementia said:
Pedo? Effie is like 16. WHICH IS AWWWRIGHT IN JAPAN (and Russia, Necro's homeland)

anyway, Zweifuss has everything for your SF3 sprite needs
http://www.zweifuss.com/

Thanks for the plug, although... haven't done anything on the site in years now. Still though, nice to see the animations I did years ago still being used on forums 5 years later. I do see some though that I never made, guess others picked up the slack when I got tired of it.

Threi said:
But then again isn't Necro in his mid 30s?

:/
I saw their relationship as nonsexual
I mean, the little girl is infatuated by him because he saved her life or whatever but I don't think he reciprocates.

It kinda reminds me of Leon - The Professional

Spirit of Jazz said:
Anyway I'm going to fantasies about Oro vs Gen match-ups now. There would be so many great rivalries between the SF2/4 and 3S cast, wish they could fit all of them in eventually...

Rivalries or redundancies?

AZ Greg said:
SSF4 needs some Elena!

9apxc3.gif
25fsyz7.gif

288y140.gif
5mxx7a.gif

I'm afraid of what a wood carved Elena would look like. Flesh tones in this game = megafail!

_dementia said:
I saw their relationship as nonsexual
I mean, the little girl is infatuated by him because he saved her life or whatever but I don't think he reciprocates.

It kinda reminds me of Leon - The Professional

. . .

Never watch the Director's Cut. :p

dfyb said:
i didn't think effie was even human. who cares? they're fictional.
story is important in my fightans

zweifuss said:
Thanks for the plug, although... haven't done anything on the site in years now. Still though, nice to see the animations I did years ago still being used on forums 5 years later. I do see some though that I never made, guess others picked up the slack when I got tired of it.

Thanks for providing them. I know I used Q's "civilians fleeing" intro on this forum before.

-PXG-

Darkman M said:
Oro in IV would be hot shit.

Would be, but wouldn't be make sense. Ryu didn't meet him until SFIII. Technically, Oro is THE strongest character (story, not game) in the series.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Degen said:
So have we officially asked for every Third Strike character but Yun so far?

I would like to see sean, but not his 3rd strike variation (i still dont understand why they nerfed him.....)

vertopci

Pimpbaa said:
Fuck no. SF3 were never and will never be as memorable as the SF2 characters. And that's because they fucking suck.

Fuck no. SF2 characters have no...personality/style compared to SF3 chars

Remy > Guile
High and Low Sonic boom > middle Sonic boom
Dudley > Balrog
Alex > Gief
Ibuki, Yun, Yang, Urien > Everyone

I wasn't a fan of Necro or Twelve though...

vertopci said:
Fuck no. SF2 characters have no...personality/style compared to SF3 chars

Remy > Guile
High and Low Sonic boom > middle Sonic boom
Dudley > Balrog
Alex > Gief
Ibuki, Yun, Yang, Urien > Everyone

I wasn't a fan of Necro or Twelve though...

Doesn't matter, he has a point. The 12 original world warriors were iconic, they're memorable because of their design. And I mean this in a sense that even people who don't religiously play SF recognize them. Just by glancing at pretty much all of the SFII cast you can tell right away the country they represent and what kind of fighting style they have.

No one is saying the SFIII cast isn't better (or parts of it, most people are still turned off by the "freak" designs), but there's a reason the game came out in 97' and had no success (here in the states at least) until early 2000's.

Edit: re-read his statement carefully, I agree with the first half :p. Comprehension ftw.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
-PXG- said:
Would be, but wouldn't be make sense. Ryu didn't meet him until SFIII. Technically, Oro is THE strongest character (story, not game) in the series.

The moment Sakura appeared the same age as she was in Alpha, all shit was thrown out of the window.

Oro please. I like him. :D

Leunam

_dementia said:
my dick's getting hard thinking of the defense buffs

Oh God's Beard, did you ever play Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia?
There's an enemy that might interest you.
You have to see the fucker animate though. It's uncanny.

edit: found it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4OikQZBzs8#t=1m
tell me that's not standing roundhouse.
He also has a hold that reminds me of capture and deadly blow

I posted that in the mindblowing video game facts thread. :)

zweifuss

dankir said:
urientimeloss.gif

Wtf?? I've never seen this animation before..... and I've played a fuckload of SF3 in all incarnations....

It's a loss animation when time runs out and you have less energy than your opponent, or you don't parry enough basketballs... but in the American version they took the blood out.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
The moment Sakura appeared the same age as she was in Alpha, all shit was thrown out of the window.

Agreed, one of the few disappointments in the game for me.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
kensk said:
Storyline and Capcom are antonyms at this point man.

Well I dont care about the story, but using timeframes as an excuse for redesigning some characters is something I liked a lot in Alpha.

Although I would like to point out that making those characters in 3D with their original clothes IS a redesign in itself. Since you have to re-think all the proportions from the 2d sprites/illustrations.

And now a foreword by TTOB :

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I know no one here gives a shit about the story...but I wish Capcom would. =/ Nothing wrong with having a fun storyline going on. I enjoyed playing through Blaz Blue's storyline mode with the characters. I think it would be neat to see Capcom clean some of this up.

I put in SF4 at my GameStop because I was tired of hearing Beatles. The reactions have been interesting. From people who have never played a fighter before (let alone know what SF is) to those who grew up with it, but think "it's stupid now compared to better games like MW2". Then I had a kid, who played through Ryu's arcade mode, beat it, saw the ending and turned to me saying "Why bother putting in an ending when it makes no sense at all?" I couldn't help but agree with him.

Cest la vie. Just wishful thinking (same goes for all fighters btw).

-PXG-

Kintaro said:
I know no one here gives a shit about the story...but I wish Capcom would. =/ Nothing wrong with having a fun storyline going on. I enjoyed playing through Blaz Blue's storyline mode with the characters. I think it would be neat to see Capcom clean some of this up.

Cest la vie. Just wishful thinking.

I care :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom