• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashism

fubarduck said:
For a person who works at Capcom, could it possibly be that you're worried about the backlash this title will get if there's no arcade version? Or are you more worried that you'll lose your job if they found out you posted here?

It takes a lot of balls to admit that you're part of the problem, and I don't expect you to do that. But do understand that you are in the minority in this argument; furthermore you're not even bringing a valid point to the table.

Everyone accepts that an arcade version is necessary for the best possible scene.
Holy shit, I am on the edge of my seat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ashism said:
Holy shit, I am on the edge of my seat.
If someone knows about the arcade scene is fubarduck.

Also my country sucks because arcades are almost dead :(

Zabka said:
It looked ok to me, but at least it's not another "launch opponent into the air then SLAM HIM BACK DOWN WITH POSE".

I love those..

fubarduck said:
For a person who works at Capcom, could it possibly be that you're worried about the backlash this title will get if there's no arcade version? Or are you more worried that you'll lose your job if they found out you posted here?

It takes a lot of balls to admit that you're part of the problem, and I don't expect you to do that. But do understand that you are in the minority in this argument; furthermore you're not even bringing a valid point to the table.

Everyone accepts that an arcade version is necessary for the best possible scene.

Fubar is a beast.

Arde5643

Zabka said:
It looked ok to me, but at least it's not another "launch opponent into the air then SLAM HIM BACK DOWN WITH POSE".
I find T.Hawk's pose at the end of his ultra incredibly offensive and hilarious at the same time.

:lol

:(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
_dementia said:
Speaking of which, when is the DeeJay + Hakkan reveal trailer? Is it really tomorrow?
I have no idea...haven't kept up with SSF4 news since yesterday.
Didn't we already get DeeJay reveal with leaked trailer though? It's all good by me if we get new footage so I'm not complaining. Just show me some new characters and taste of move-set and I'm straight.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
anotheriori said:
Ignoring the jp community argument. Without an arcade version there isn't a focus testing period so the drawback is the game released directly to the consumer; probability of bugs and balance are greater. Feilong -Abel/Seth infinites, console charcters all pretty underpowered, Seth odd animation glitches with his kick move.

I dont think those are results from not having Arcade based focus testing

Abel has an infinite on Rufus,
Akuma pseudo infinite on some characters
weird hitbox "glitches" on certain characters and moves
Guile and Vega being low tier,
Fuerte's slide glitch on Balrog
Sagat being, by most accounts, overpowered

...all of these are in the Arcade version, no game is released without focus testing, but no game is without loops and some holes. Specially fighting games.

two things i'll about this whole Ono announcement:

1 - i think SSF4 will come to Arcades in japan in 2010, b4 or after console release? i dunno

2 - If they dont, i dont think the Street Fighter community will die, or begin to die. As for the community in Japan, i think it will diminish but the hardcore Street Fighter Fans that like Street Fighter more than the "arcade scene" will stick to it.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
fubarduck said:

My point is that regardless if Japan skips this game or adapts and plays via console it will not destroy the competitive scene. Yes, Marvel lived on through the arcade scene here in America, but the abandonment of the Japan scene did not ruin it much like our current situation. I'd love for the title to be released in arcades, I still play in arcades, but continued yelling that this is the end of SF is beyond ridiculous. Just like in SF we adapt and move on, Alex Valle posted something similar to this in more words then I care to get into, but his sentiments resemble mine.

I know the game might be dead to you since it will not be played in your arcade, but it doesn't mean the rest of the community will up drop the game for minority. No matter what game, the situation, ever title receives backlash.

Steaks

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I dont think those are results from not having Arcade based focus testing

Abel has an infinite on Rufus,
Akuma pseudo infinite on some characters
weird hitbox "glitches" on certain characters and moves
Guile and Vega being low tier,
Fuerte's slide glitch on Balrog
Sagat being, by most accounts, overpowered

...all of these are in the Arcade version, no game is released without focus testing, but no game is without loops and some holes. Specially fighting games.

two things i'll about this whole Ono announcement:

1 - i think SSF4 will come to Arcades in japan in 2010, b4 or after console release? i dunno

2 - If they dont, i dont think the Street Fighter community will die, or begin to die. As for the community in Japan, i think it will diminish but the hardcore Street Fighter Fans that like Street Fighter more than the "arcade scene" will stick to it.
This discounts the fact that by and large, SF4 is the most balanced fighting game on its first try. Trust me, location testing had a huge part in that. It's much easier to balance when you have something to compare new characters to.

I don't think SSF4 will suffer too much from lack of location testing though.
n3ss said:
I know the game might be dead to you since it will not be played in your arcade, but it doesn't mean the rest of the community will up drop the game for minority. No matter what game, the situation, ever title receives backlash.
So since everything ever has problems, doesn't mean you can't fix them. Sorry guys, every fighting game has bugs, let's not test SSF4.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
kensk said:
I don't think SSF4 will suffer too much from lack of location testing though.
So since everything ever has problems, doesn't mean you can't fix them. Sorry guys, every fighting game has bugs, let's not test SSF4.

As I recall they didn't actually change anything from the arcade version to the home version, unless I'm mistaken.

Arde5643

black_vegeta said:
For focus testing on the console versions, why won't they just ask the elite from the US to test that shit and pay the men!!!???
It's kinda hard to translate the fighting game speak unless you have translators who also plays the game very well.

black_vegeta said:
For focus testing on the console versions, why won't they just ask the elite from the US to test that shit and pay the men!!!???
Getting paid to play unreleased SF games? I think I found my dream job.

(I'm not implying I'm the elite, I just like this idea)

kensk said:

I don't think he said all games have bugs, so don't try. He was talking about backlash about game decisions (like maybe no lan in SC2 for example).

I think Capcom still has a QA department to test for bugs. If location tests were the only way Capcom tests for bugs, there are more things wrong.

Aljosa said:
Getting paid to play unreleased SF games? I think I found my dream job.

(I'm not implying I'm the elite, I just like this idea)

Serious!

Wong, Marn, Valle, so on and so on would be able to provide tons of feedback to Capcom on whether certain characters are unbalanced and what not.

Just a small idea.

Steaks

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I don't think he said all games have bugs, so don't try. He was talking about backlash about game decisions (like maybe no lan in SC2 for example).

I think Capcom still has a QA department to test for bugs. If location tests were the only way Capcom tests for bugs, there are more things wrong.
I'm saying that's a really childish argument.

"well, OTHER things have problems, so it's okay that x has problems too".
n3ss said:
As I recall they didn't actually change anything from the arcade version to the home version, unless I'm mistaken.
You're really reaching with those one man. They location tested the first iteration of SF4 because they had no yardstick to go by, and honestly, except for maybe Vega and Sagat, vanilla SF4 is a really, really good yardstick already and suffered from very little balance issues compared to say BlazBlue. When they moved from home to console, I don't think Capcom really knew any long term balance issues besides "Sagat's lame, Vega blows".

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Serious question. Didn't the Japan guys know about Sagat problems during the location tests? Did they rebalance him out?

It takes time for a game to develop- usually the best character day 1 doesn't end up best.

Viper and dhalsim were considered complete trash originally- yet they levelled up

Yeah, not having an arcade version is stupid, but I don't think it's fatal like some whiners (sorry fubarduck, I do respect you, but you're whining here) are claiming.

My real and only concern with no arcade version is balance, but Capcom rarely gets that right even with an arcade beta test. Capcom fighters usually have worse balance then even SNK fighters. SF4 was an exception, and miraculous result given capcom's past history with games like the SF3 and Alpha series.

usea

yurinka said:
BTW, how about bonus stages? are they finally confirmed in SSF4?
No, they cut down on money for arcade establishments since they're basically a free round without the possibility of losing. oh wait.

yurinka

usea said:
No, they cut down on money for arcade establishments since they're basically a free round without the possibility of losing. oh wait.
Yes, I know this was the reason they didn't included them in the arcade version.

But this game will be console only (and they were able to include it as a console only feature in SFIV if they wanted).

I think I heard something related to them in a Super SFIV interview, but I don't remember which one.

n3ss said:
I'd love for the title to be released in arcades, I still play in arcades.

Something we can all agree on. Sweet! Now tell your local congressman (Ono) that you support an arcade release (or just sign my petition).

BTW noone ever said this was the death of the scene or any crazy nonsense like that. If they did they are fucking retarded. It will sting, though.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Arpharmd B said:
Something we can all agree on. Sweet! Now tell your local congressman (Ono) that you support an arcade release (or just sign my petition).

BTW noone ever said this was the death of the scene or any crazy nonsense like that. If they did they are fucking retarded. It will sting, though.

I signed the one posted on Shoryuken. And yes, we can all agree the more people that play it the better. And my responses have been to those that are saying this is the end of competitive SF4, ridiculous.

Blueblur1

DryEyeRelief said:
You were better at trolling Shane in the 1up threads.
What? Are you referring to something from over a year ago? I ask because I have nothing but respect for the dude. If I was trolling a specific game journalist it was circa 2007 when I wasn't the best Junior Member. :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Arpharmd B said:

It will sting in Japan. I think there should be an arcade version.

That said, I don't think either of those issues affects American SF, outside of a potential sloppiness to the game, that could be fixed with patches. I think some of the whiners in the thread are vastly underestimating the quality of American players.

Magical Sugoi Nipponland does not make you invincible. I'm a mediocre SF player , yet I'm sure if you plopped me at a Japanese arcade, I wouldn't be the worst player there.

In other news, wow, I just heard the new SF4 announcer.

I needed a good laugh man. Wow. I am seriously on the floor.

Why is he so loud? Why is he yelling at me?

At first I thought it was T.Hawk, which would have been equally as funny.

It reminds me of the announcer from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. Except on steroids.

arstal said:
It will sting in Japan. I think there should be an arcade version.

That said, I don't think either of those issues affects American SF, outside of a potential sloppiness to the game, that could be fixed with patches. I think some of the whiners in the thread are vastly underestimating the quality of American players.

Absolutely and with no doubts. We have amazing players in America, Korea, and Europe that contribute greatly and no one is discrediting that one bit.

That doesn't mean, however, that we don't appreciate and respect the Japanese contribution as well.

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
If someone knows about the arcade scene is fubarduck.

Also my country sucks because arcades are almost dead :(

sucks because I was robbed at an arcade in your country not so long ago, in Temperley (BAs) just a small amount of money but still... I was playing and old Final Fight cabinet btw :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
sucks because I was robbed at an arcade in your country not so long ago, in Temperley (BAs) just a small amount of money but still... I was playing and old Final Fight cabinet btw :lol
Sorry to hear that man :/

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Alright, letting you know right here and now: if Makoto isn't added to the cast, I'm pimpin' my very own petition and it's titled "Sign this shit so we can roll up to Capcom Japan and start wreckin' fools"

I NEED TO SEE BIG HANDED LITTLE TITTIED HOTNESS FOCUS ATTACKING MY FACE OFF.

Btw, if theres anybody who asked for bonus stages earlier, and is now complaining about no arcade release, you're the problem! You only get one! Jeez make up your minds :lol

bob_arctor said:
Alright, letting you know right here and now: if Makoto isn't added to the cast, I'm pimpin' my very own petition and it's titled "Sign this shit so we can roll up to Capcom Japan and start wreckin' fools"

I NEED TO SEE BIG HANDED LITTLE TITTIED HOTNESS FOCUS ATTACKING MY FACE OFF.
I'm all in son, let's do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom