• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What if Big Boss gets an arm transplant but its an evil arm and that is what make him evil?!?!?!

Actually he's going to pretend like the arm makes him evil because he gives himself psychotherapy to become the personification of evil so that the world may know the value of life through war.

Man, MGS4 was dumb. MGS2's arm plot retroactively became kind of cool when you factored Ocelot's newfound MGS3 heritage into the mix but then MGS4 ruined it...

Actually he's going to pretend like the arm makes him evil because he gives himself psychotherapy to become the personification of evil so that the world may know the value of life through war.

Man, MGS4 was dumb. MGS2's arm plot retroactively became kind of cool when you factored Ocelot's newfound MGS3 heritage into the mix but then MGS4 ruined it...

MGS4 ruined alot of things.

Konami Office?
781af07143eb4bc787902f6a887b34ed.jpg

They look so badass. I wouldn't wanna mess with them.

Damn... they are so cool. They look like an advanced Cold Case squad like those of Waking the Dead. Both Trevor Eve and Hideo Kojima have a sort of out-of-this-earth coolness.

Btw... the doctor in the trailer reminds me of Ben Kingsley

images

Vamphuntr

∀ Narayan;45286537 said:
Does thephantompain.com have anything to do with this?

There is an additional line of text in the code :

Pain had not been completely eliminated, but the intensity had been reduced by over 50% and the burning component had completely vanished (Bittar et al., 2005).

WHOIS information for thephantompain.com:***
Domain Name: THEPHANTOMPAIN.COM
Registrar: NEW DREAM NETWORK, LLC
Whois Server: whois.dreamhost.com
Referral URL: http://www.dreamhost.com
Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM
Updated Date: 08-dec-2012
Creation Date: 08-dec-2012
Expiration Date: 08-dec-2013

Registered a day after the VGAs. Doesn't seem related, they would have snapped up the domain before then.

man, i loved this trailer. was a total mindfuck to me. at first i was like "Moby Dick studios, wtf is that, why haven't i even heard of them?!" then i thought "is this HL3 or something?!" (for some reason) then i yelled "OH SHIT THAT'S SNAKE!!!!" and went crazy.

really dig all the ballsy weirdness. especially the whale heh. bring the crazy Kojima, i'm ready for anything.

There is an additional line of text in the code :

Pain had not been completely eliminated, but the intensity had been reduced by over 50% and the burning component had completely vanished (Bittar et al., 2005).

That line doesn't make it official. All of it is taken from Wikipedia. It's in line with the same guys who created the fake twitter account.

Endo Punk

This is Kojima circa 2001. Welcome back. I never though he would pull such stunts again, whatever Phantom Pain is the trailer immediately captured my attention and by the end I knew I wanted to play this game. Something tells me there is more to this then the obious conclusion.

I really like the disturbing tone the trailer has. It seems way less goofy than the other Metal Gear games, and I hope the final game reflects the tone of this trailer.

I really like the disturbing tone the trailer has. It seems way less goofy than the other Metal Gear games, and I hope the final game reflects the tone of this trailer.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll be able to use the PlayStation move to wiggle a female patient's boobs, and that one of those guys getting gunned down will poop his pants loudly in front of Snake.

Sure it has been mentioned to death ( havent gone thru all the posts)

but my slow ass just noticed the flower petals during the arm hook shot

....yeah I'm real slow (focused to much on the other more obvious clues from the vid... not other people's analysis)

Btw... the doctor in the trailer reminds me of Ben Kingsley

images

reminded me more of Johnathan Banks (with glasses)
mike-breaking-bad.jpg

MGS4 ruined alot of things.

you shut your damn mouths, MGS4 was awesome.

It definitely seems this way. There are some fun stuff added to the game, which is noticeable when watching Ground Zeroes trailer ("Flight of the Valkyries" in the chopper) but overall from the music direction to visual and graphic standpoint, it does look more serious. I hope it is serious; I love the goofiness in MGS but I would love to get something serious from Kojipro.

Remember, MGS4 trailer also looked/sounded serious, yet the game has goofy moments. Easter eggs will always be there and I always welcome them as long as I can play the game from Point A to Point B without it being forced in my face. Not that I mind...

deviljho

No, Dhalsim from Street Fighter The Movie
http://www.askactor.com/images/casts/India/Roshan_Seth_actor.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100415213251/streetfighter/images/thumb/4/41/Dhalsim_movie.png/184px-Dhalsim_movie.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

no it's clearly Yinsen

[IMG]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080503145604/marveldatabase/images/2/27/Yinsen_%28Earth-199999%29.jpg

or Yuri

Yuri.jpg

cory64

Like FOX and XOF are mirrored, maybe the whole trailer is also mirrored. Then the steering wheel will be on the left side, the amputated arm becomes his right arm and the Union Jack can be mirrored without any problem,

Union Jack actually has a correct "side," the red diagonals make an offset pinwheel, not a cross. The trailer is not mirrored (at least not in that scene).
Unless the flag texture is backwards, and the numbers are written backwards. Fucking Kojima.

Crunch2600

Neo Member
After seeing the officially sourced trailer, it's clearer that the subject of the raid on the hospital is to kill or capture the telekinetic subject. What looked like the doll forms of the Sorrow or Psycho Mantis is probably a child (quite small, so I think so) in a straitjacket. The subject is probably the same one that was waiting in front of the elevator. Depending on how accurate our current guesses on the timeline and setting, Psycho Mantis would've been a child then, but he was never hospitalized, I don't think.

CpmPanda

Neo Member

CpmPanda

Neo Member
Hey, I'm just another fan trying to find every clue I can. Reason it was brought up though is to just verify even more that this site was thrown together. Don't stop digging everyone!

After seeing the officially sourced trailer, it's clearer that the subject of the raid on the hospital is to kill or capture the telekinetic subject. What looked like the doll forms of the Sorrow or Psycho Mantis is probably a child (quite small, so I think so) in a straitjacket. The subject is probably the same one that was waiting in front of the elevator. Depending on how accurate our current guesses on the timeline and setting, Psycho Mantis would've been a child then, but he was never hospitalized, I don't think.

Psycho Mantis burned his village down when he was younger, causing himself to get burned and scarred, so it could be him.

I remember Big Boss having certain limbs replaced and/or parts of his body. I don't remember where I heard that but I know I heard that somewhere in one of the games.

"Besides the account given in the manual for Metal Gear 2, a call to George Kesler during the final battle mentioned a rumor that Big Boss lost his eye during the battle in Outer Heaven, alongside his limbs and his right ear before he was reconstructed as a cyborg under the Snatcher Project, referring to an earlier work by Hideo Kojima. In addition, although Kesler implied that Big Boss's supposed cyborg status made him invincible to Snake's abilities and attacks, Snake managed to finish him off with a flamethrower. This account was also included in the Metal Gear Solid 4 Database, and the novelization for Metal Gear Solid 4 by Project Itoh.
"

A couple of pages back there was talk about the volgin looking dude with the spikes on his head and how there were two variations, it might be the same person, i don't think it's volgin actually. Check this out:
46678690.png

92659779.png

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 IS THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME.

If you like being constantly punched of the stomach while watching some of your favorite characters become jokes. And then Kojima comes and spits you before he proceeds peeing on you.

That's more or less a recreation of the atrocious plot.

haikira

A couple of pages back there was talk about the volgin looking dude with the spikes on his head and how there were two variations, it might be the same person, i don't think it's volgin actually. Check this out:
46678690.png

92659779.png

Am i crazy, or do those look like motorbike handles? ;-)

Great catch Wishmaster.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
and that one of those guys getting gunned down will poop his pants loudly in front of Snake.

Its one of the MGS's series key innovations to the gaming industry and one of the most important hallmarks of a quality game.

I actually want to see how they insert the joke in MGSV. It must be awkward for someone actually named Johnny to play the series.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
If you like being constantly punched of the stomach while watching some of your favorite characters become jokes. And then Kojima comes and spits you before he proceeds peeing on you.

That's more or less a recreation of the atrocious plot.

yknow what, i forgot the bold

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 IS THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME.

That does seem a lot more plausible and probably correct.

My first thought was a whip but it's actually the horse's reins, they go right round.

92659779.png

Yeah I said a while back I think it's all the same guy. You can see a red line around his neck and some kind of gimp mask thing for a head.

Raonak

Banned
Yeah, i think it's just the horse reigns. I think the mask is just big boss's mind blocking out her image. It looks like she's wearing the black pancho/coat thing she was wearing in MGS3.

Yeah. Im thinking that Ground Zeroes is actually the prologue, then something happens and big boss gets captured or whatever. wakes up in phantom pain trailer.

Remarkable writing skills for a 6 year old. Congratulations. Let us know if you and -COOLIO- ever leave kindergarten, in the meantime, enjoy yourselves.
try not to get too upset. Life is too short to let other people effect you so much. especially on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom