• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Accoun

Back in the days I have see a game in magazine and it was

- Xbox Live Arcade Platform "Only" (Xbox 360, No PS3 version)
- Theme is action game with marital art gameplay, the story is about revenge/reclaim someone(s). (not sure but should be close to this) Protagonist is male obviously.
- Cellshade graphic/cartoonish (not sure)

Anyone know what game is this ?

This following is not :
Karateka
Jade Empire
Invincible Tiger (need recheck)

The Dishwasher?

In the Smash Bros. Wii U select screen, why is Lucina not with the other Fire Emblem characters? Or Dark Pit with the other Icarus characters? It can't be because they're unlocks...Wario and Falco are also unlocks, but they're slotted in with the Mario and Star Fox characters respectively. Hmmmm??

PtM

Banned
In the Smash Bros. Wii U select screen, why is Lucina not with the other Fire Emblem characters? Or Dark Pit with the other Icarus characters? It can't be because they're unlocks...Wario and Falco are also unlocks, but they're slotted in with the Mario and Star Fox characters respectively. Hmmmm??
Luci, Dr. and Dark Pit are clones.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Back in the days I have see a game in magazine and it was

- Xbox Live Arcade Platform "Only" (Xbox 360, No PS3 version)
- Theme is action game with marital art gameplay, the story is about revenge/reclaim someone(s). (not sure but should be close to this) Protagonist is male obviously.
- Cellshade graphic/cartoonish (not sure)

Anyone know what game is this ?

This following is not :
Karateka
Jade Empire
Invincible Tiger (need recheck)
Shank?

Shank is a 2D cinematic brawler inspired by classic beat 'em ups and graphic novels. Embark on a tale of revenge using chainsaws, dual pistols, knives and more. Play in the storymode or cooperatively with a friend in the backstory!

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Shank/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a62

JakeD

i have a physical copy of Bloodborne that i started playing around release but never finished. if i were to upgrade to the Digital Complete edition, will I have to redownload the game? or will it use my existing installed game data and only download DLC?

also, will the digital version use my old save?

i have a physical copy of Bloodborne that i started playing around release but never finished. if i were to upgrade to the Digital Complete edition, will I have to redownload the game? or will it use my existing installed game data and only download DLC?

also, will the digital version use my old save?

Reinstall unless something has changed recently.

Save should work fine.

DrKelpo

Banned
I use the Dolphin Browser on my phone. When I go to Neogaf I always have to enter my login data. Even though "stay logged in" is checked and cookies etc are enabled in the browser.

anyone know how I can stay logged in?

Pokemaniac

I use the Dolphin Browser on my phone. When I go to Neogaf I always have to enter my login data. Even though "stay logged in" is checked and cookies etc are enabled in the browser.

anyone know how I can stay logged in?

Sounds like you may have your browser set to clear cookies on shutdown or something like that.

I was wondering if there are any modern games like Divine Divinity? I'm not sure how well the game was known (I picked it up from Poundland years ago, so I'm guessing it wasn't a huge hit lol), but I'm guessing some people here would remember it.

Basically, I'm looking for a isometric RPG with a good story, and fun gameplay. I don't mind turn based, but I tried Wasteland 2 and that was a bit too X-Com for me. Also, I've played Diablo 3 already, and while I like it, that's a bit more arcade-y than I'm looking for.

Console would be cool, but I don't mind PC or handheld even.

Chances of a Bayonetta/Vanquish double pack on PS4 & XBONE?

I'd expect them to be offered as digital downloads in the future at some point, but I don't think anyone can say for certain.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I was wondering if there are any modern games like Divine Divinity? I'm not sure how well the game was known (I picked it up from Poundland years ago, so I'm guessing it wasn't a huge hit lol), but I'm guessing some people here would remember it.

Basically, I'm looking for a isometric RPG with a good story, and fun gameplay. I don't mind turn based, but I tried Wasteland 2 and that was a bit too X-Com for me. Also, I've played Diablo 3 already, and while I like it, that's a bit more arcade-y than I'm looking for.

Well, there have been several sequels in the Divinity franchise since, the recent one being Divinity: Original Sin (2014) which is on PC and PS4/XBO. It's pretty great for genre fans.

There's a sequel to it as well called Divinity: Original Sin II currently in Early Access on PC, full release on PC/PS4/XBO later this year.

Well, there have been several sequels in the Divinity franchise since, the recent one being Divinity: Original Sin (2014) which is on PC and PS4/XBO. It's pretty great for genre fans.

There's a sequel to it as well called Divinity: Original Sin II currently in Early Access on PC, full release on PC/PS4/XBO later this year.

Well I feel stupid now. I'd heard about Divinity Original Sin, but didn't make the (obvious now) connection between the two. I'd actually forgotten about it, so that's one that I'll have to check out. I didn't realise it was a franchise though.

Edit: Holy crap it has splitscreen. I need this game yesterday.

This one is pretty silly, and probably is asked often. Why is it called The Legend of Zelda when you don't actually play as her?

As someone mentioned to you, Divinity Original Sin would be a good bet considering it's from the same franchise. You could also try Pillars of Eternity, though the story in that is quite a bit denser.

Oreoleo

This one is pretty silly, and probably is asked often. Why is it called The Legend of Zelda when you don't actually play as her?

In the context of the Zelda universe, Zelda is the princess, she's the one the commoners know by name. Link in comparison is (usually) just a nameless swordsman, or known by another name like the Hero of Time. And outside of Link doing the heavy lifting combat-wise, Zelda is still integral in helping defeat Ganondorf with the Triforce of Wisdom. I think if you look at it from the perspective of a Hyrule citizen and how stories would get passed down through oral tradition, the name of the series makes a lot of sense.

(This is one of the nerdier things I've ever posted on the internet)

In the context of the Zelda universe, Zelda is the princess, she's the one the commoners know by name. Link in comparison is (usually) just a nameless swordsman, or known by another name like the Hero of Time. And outside of Link doing the heavy lifting combat-wise, Zelda is still integral in helping defeat Ganondorf with the Triforce of Wisdom. I think if you look at it from the perspective of a Hyrule citizen and how stories would get passed down through oral tradition, the name of the series makes a lot of sense.

(This is one of the nerdier things I've ever posted on the internet)

The Legend of Link doesn't inspire much confidence either :lol Terrible title.

Miyamoto liked the name. Also, "Link" was probably meant more literally back then, as avatar.

Thank you all. Makes sense and I never thought of it that way. The name has been bugging me for like 2 or 3 years now...

Frostman

I don't know whether this is the right thread, but I don't want to start a new one just for it.

Does anyone know which source of audio would be better between Optical and USB? I'm currently looking for a new audio setup using a set of headphones, but don't really know which port would provide the superior audio. Cheers!

Minamu

Is it just me or is the left stick deadzone in mgs5 broken? Snake keeps on crawling forward regurlarly when he's not supposed to. My ps4 pro controller is fairly new and this kept happened back in the original release of the game on my og ps4 as well, so with two controllers. I don't have the problem in other games. It screws with my aiming, especially while sniping :/

jdstorm

Banned
What was the game that started the recent double jump trend in shooters? Was it Halo Reach's jetpack ability?

Titanfall, Destiny and Borderlands the Pre Sequel all had it in 2014 so the mechanic would need to predate that.

Is there something like a launcher or service that would allow you to see all the games you own across multiple platforms / services?

Battle.net is easy, but Between Steam, GOG, Origin, the Humble Bundles (Non Steam key games) and now Twitch Prime, I'm starting to lose track of what I actually own. I know I could add all the stuff to a game collecting app, but I was looking for something a bit more automatic.

Are there any modern day examples (as in the past couple of generations or so) of 2 officially released games with exactly the same name, though they have absolutely no connection to one another?

It used to happen all the time back in the home computer era.

Is there something like a launcher or service that would allow you to see all the games you own across multiple platforms / services?

Battle.net is easy, but Between Steam, GOG, Origin, the Humble Bundles (Non Steam key games) and now Twitch Prime, I'm starting to lose track of what I actually own. I know I could add all the stuff to a game collecting app, but I was looking for something a bit more automatic.

Try LaunchBox.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Are there any modern day examples (as in the past couple of generations or so) of 2 officially released games with exactly the same name, though they have absolutely no connection to one another?

Only thing I can think of is Wipeout (racing game series / something based on some TV show). But there's probably many examples hidden somewhere in the depth of Steam.

Rufus

Prey qualifies, I think.

jdstorm

Banned

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands for Wii is a completely different game to the one that appeared on the PS360 consoles under the same title. Its not exactly new though.

_Rob_

There was Toy Story 3 which was an entirely different game, produced by different studios between the PS2 and PS3 versions.

PtM

Banned
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands for Wii is a completely different game to the one that appeared on the PS360 consoles under the same title. Its not exactly new though.
Oh yeah, good call. Also the PSP game, if I recollect correctly.
I don't know how big the difference is, but Wii and PS2 versions of The Force Unleashed were another dev.
Actually, a lot of multiplat titles have the lesser (eg handheld) versions made by another team. Movie licenses are par for the course of what you're looking for, in that regard.

But yeah, handheld versions.

jdstorm

Banned
Does anyone else quit games right before the final boss if you are too underleveled or its too hard?

Today i quit on Borderlands the Pre Sequel. Right before the final boss, because i wasnt having fun and i needed to do some serious level grinding to be competitive (was at level 21 with athena)

Costia

Does anyone else quit games right before the final boss if you are too underleveled or its too hard?

Today i quit on Borderlands the Pre Sequel. Right before the final boss, because i wasnt having fun and i needed to do some serious level grinding to be competitive (was at level 21 with athena)
I was underleveld as well, so i went to do some side quests, because overall i like the borderlands games.
I did quit in revengance on the final boss. Kept missing slicing the rocks or something like that, and i never learned how to parry.
Also quit on the final boss in cave story, its was a big difficulty spike, i think it was fighting 3 bosses in a row without healing or something.

Patryn

120+ hours in Dragon Warrior VII, right at the final dungeon.

Realize I needed to do some serious grinding. Said fuck this, dropped the game, and never looked back.

oldmario

Contradiction, most probably.

NlQg1Nx.jpg

That could be one of the Tex Murphy games, the most recent of which was Tesla Effect. One of its gimmicks was its death scenes (they show you what happens but you go right back to normal as if nothing happened,) so it's possible you might have seen something where he was shot, but instead of "surviving" it's just "non-canon."

way late to replying but i think i found it "fox hunt"

Minamu

My Ps4 Pro controller is starting to act up, the left stick isn't centering properly any more. Snake continues to crawl forward when in prone in MGSV, or at least you barely need to touch the stick, as if it's overly sensitive, and in Overwatch I've noticed that the controller continues to move between the different main menu buttons extremely rapidly. Since the console hasn't been out a year, would I still be under some form of warranty? This feels like factory malfunction, not user error tbh.

mclem

Oh yeah, good call. Also the PSP game, if I recollect correctly.
I don't know how big the difference is, but Wii and PS2 versions of The Force Unleashed were another dev.

Also true for PC, Xbox and PS2 versions of Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I worked in the vicinity of the PS2 version, and there was a bit of furore that occasionally magazines would lump our PS2 game in with Xbox reviews, when our PS2 game was generally a bit better-received.

(The PC version was a fair bit earlier and more pitched for the PC; the console versions were perhaps best described as 'inspired by' the PC one)

120+ hours in Dragon Warrior VII, right at the final dungeon.

Realize I needed to do some serious grinding. Said fuck this, dropped the game, and never looked back.

I'm actually there right now, but I have a naturally grindy style, so I'm basically okay... except because I've got a naturally grindy style, I'm playing around in The Haven instead of completing the last dungeon!

My Ps4 Pro controller is starting to act up, the left stick isn't centering properly any more. Snake continues to crawl forward when in prone, or at least you barely need to touch the stick, as if it's overly sensitive, and in Overwatch I've noticed that the controller continues to move between the different main menu buttons extremely rapidly. Since the console hasn't been out a year, would I still be under some form of warranty? This feels like factory malfunction, not user error tbh.
The same thing has happened to most of my PS3 controllers' sticks.

In Sweden we have an extended two year manufacturing warranty that might cover the issue. The retail outlet could argue that it's normal wear and tear. Contact support and see if they are willing to help you out.

Minamu

The same thing has happened to most of my PS3 controllers' sticks.

In Sweden we have an extended two year manufacturing warranty that might cover the issue. The retail outlet could argue that it's normal wear and tear. Contact support and see if they are willing to help you out.
Great, I'm in Sweden too, you might've seen that. I know the people at Gamestop but they recommended that I go through Sony's own support first because they would prioritize me before companies as a regular customer. I assume you mean I should contact Sony's customer support? i'll check it out.

Top Bottom