• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Rufus

Mitochondrial mutants. You see one such transformation early in the game, but for a different enemy type.

These alpaca-wolf looking things specifically are a stronger variation of an enemy you fight before then. Them being alterted to your presence is the intro to the area (the mines) and their pack leader is the boss of that section.

Fbh

Want to get this shirt as a present for a friend:
7cce4f7758bf760b5b52dc4210d9fdf8.jpg

Does anyone know where to buy it in good quality that ships (with decent prices) to either germany or Switzerland?

Have seen it on Wish.com but because of how this site works I expect it to be of shitty quality and like 3 sizes smaller than what I wanted

NateDog

Want to get this shirt as a present for a friend:

Does anyone know where to buy it in good quality that ships (with decent prices) to either germany or Switzerland?

Have seen it on Wish.com but because of how this site works I expect it to be of shitty quality and like 3 sizes smaller than what I wanted
Try RedBubble perhaps? Although it's probably unlikely it's there if it's on Wish.

Ostkex

Neo Member
I'm trying to identify a game that's been on the tip of my brain for a while now. Pretend every bullet has a "...I think?" after it because my memory is hazy.

It's a PC game from somewhere around 2000-2005ish
Not a big release, probably just an .exe on some guy's website
First person maze-ish, stage based gameplay. I think there were hazards in the level rather than enemies out to get you
Limited CGA colour pallet
Doctors were a big theme, and cancer may have been involved
I'm pretty sure the title is two words
The one thing I know for sure is that something would talk to you in between levels and ramble on about whatever, but it'd be extremely loud and blown out

I don't even want to play the game, I just want to know the title.

I'm trying to identify a game that's been on the tip of my brain for a while now. Pretend every bullet has a "...I think?" after it because my memory is hazy.

It's a PC game from somewhere around 2000-2005ish
Not a big release, probably just an .exe on some guy's website
First person maze-ish, stage based gameplay. I think there were hazards in the level rather than enemies out to get you
Limited CGA colour pallet
Doctors were a big theme, and cancer may have been involved
I'm pretty sure the title is two words
The one thing I know for sure is that something would talk to you in between levels and ramble on about whatever, but it'd be extremely loud and blown out

I don't even want to play the game, I just want to know the title.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=360236

TissueBox

Correct me if I'm wrong but the original article at the cusp of the GamerGate fiasco/movement proposing the death of and rejecting 'gamer identity' was Leigh Alexander's Gamasutra one, right?

pronk420

I have a flight coming up and need to make a transfer in the US, I've taken my 3DS with my on flights to Europe/Asia a few times and at Heathrow sometimes going through security, the security people look confused by my 3DS case and ask me what it is.

I'm a bit worried the TSA or whoever it is might freak out at it if they don't know what it is because of the whole enhanced laptop/tablet etc security thing now, is it likely to delay getting through security? Is it best to take it out of its case?

I have a flight coming up and need to make a transfer in the US, I've taken my 3DS with my on flights to Europe/Asia a few times and at Heathrow sometimes going through security, the security people look confused by my 3DS case and ask me what it is.

I'm a bit worried the TSA or whoever it is might freak out at it if they don't know what it is because of the whole enhanced laptop/tablet etc security thing now, is it likely to delay getting through security? Is it best to take it out of its case?

I usually just carry it in my pocket, and send it through the scanner with all my other carry-ons. Nobody has ever batted an eyelash at it.

Brought my PS4 Pro through security in the US twice recently. No one batted an eyelid.

DogDude

Does Toys R Us still do 3 for 2 summer deal? Is it coming up? Or any retailer? Looking to buy about 6 games so waiting for that type of deal.

NateDog

A few friends and I are looking for a decent and fun shooter to play together. They had Black Ops 3 in mind but got bored of it, now they want me to try Modern Warfare Remastered but although CoD4 is one of my most loved games, everything about this remaster sounds bad and taking a chance on it at €40 is too pricey for me now. Ive probably at this stage basically decided to get the new one in November (thinking about it I have missed a handy casual title like Call of Duty especially with Battlefront 2 looking to become pay to win) but I'm hoping to find something along those lines and cheapish for now, especially since I have 2 weeks off beginning now. We're on PS4 as well. I'd rather avoid something on quite a big scale like Battlefield 1.

Mieu

This is an honest, and sincere question..

how much love does gaf have for the series of The Legend of Zelda?

It's like, I always see a new thread championing, or elevating the game.. especially BoTW.. why can't the feedback be in the official thread?

Deathknell

Guys is there a way to let Uplay auto updates my installed games?
I can't believe i have to manually launch a game to download a patch..
Am i doing something wrong? Obviously i have auto update games checked in uplay settings.

Guys is there a way to let Uplay auto updates my installed games?
I can't believe i have to manually launch a game to download a patch..
Am i doing something wrong? Obviously i have auto update games checked in uplay settings.
Hmm... Do you have uplay running all the time?

jdstorm

Banned
A few friends and I are looking for a decent and fun shooter to play together. They had Black Ops 3 in mind but got bored of it, now they want me to try Modern Warfare Remastered but although CoD4 is one of my most loved games, everything about this remaster sounds bad and taking a chance on it at €40 is too pricey for me now. Ive probably at this stage basically decided to get the new one in November (thinking about it I have missed a handy casual title like Call of Duty especially with Battlefront 2 looking to become pay to win) but I'm hoping to find something along those lines and cheapish for now, especially since I have 2 weeks off beginning now. We're on PS4 as well. I'd rather avoid something on quite a big scale like Battlefield 1.

Titanfall 2

Its the best "COD" Shooter in years. Its also cheap right now and in your price range.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If I have £15 of PSN credit in my wallet and want to buy Sonic Mania for £15.99, do I only have to pay the extra 99p (like Steam) or do I still have to do that minimum top up of £5 thing?

If I have £15 of PSN credit in my wallet and want to buy Sonic Mania for £15.99, do I only have to pay the extra 99p (like Steam) or do I still have to do that minimum top up of £5 thing?

I'm pretty sure you only have to pay the 99p

But, in any case, the store will tell you how much you have to actually pay before you actually confirm the payment

At least, this is how it works in Sweden, and I'd imagine it's the same for the UK

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm pretty sure you only have to pay the 99p

But, in any case, the store will tell you how much you have to actually pay before you actually confirm the payment

At least, this is how it works in Sweden, and I'd imagine it's the same for the UK

Oh, I know the store will tell me ahead of confirming the payment - but I can get a slightly discounted £15 top up, so I'd like to do that and pay the 99p extra if possible. If I have to top up with £5 minimum it sort of negates the point of me getting the £15 card and I'd rather just pay the £15.99 flat out, but I won't know until I've already loaded the card on which is the case. Sounds like from your experience it'll be fine to just pay the extra 99p though.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Any "Small" New Nintendo 3DS users out there? Do you find that the stylus becomes "loose" in the slot over time? I feel like it doesn't snap in as well as it used to. Is this fixable by buying a new stylus for the system or is the system itself that's worn out and thus unfixable?

Dolobill

This is an honest, and sincere question..

how much love does gaf have for the series of The Legend of Zelda?

It's like, I always see a new thread championing, or elevating the game.. especially BoTW.. why can't the feedback be in the official thread?

Zelda is one of the most loved franchises in gaming for the past 30 years.

Lagamorph

Not that I've ever seen, I think anything Lionhead besides Fable is lost. I've still got a copy of B&W but I want The Movies as well :/

Darn, such a shame.
I've still got a physical copy of The Movies and I think I might have a physical copy of Black & White 2 laying around somewhere, though not the expansion.

I've had a real Lionhead craving lately too. I'd kill for Fable 2 and 3 to be given the Anniversary treatment the first game got.

I've never beaten any Sonic game but I think I might go through the first one, what do I even do in that game? Do I just make it to the end of each stage, beat the boss, beat the game? Or should I be collecting chaos emeralds? Those rotating stages to get the chaos emeralds have always been hard for me, can I beat the game without them?

Minamu

I've never beaten any Sonic game but I think I might go through the first one, what do I even do in that game? Do I just make it to the end of each stage, beat the boss, beat the game? Or should I be collecting chaos emeralds? Those rotating stages to get the chaos emeralds have always been hard for me, can I beat the game without them?
Yes, you mostly run left to right, with a lot of platforming in all directions. There's a timer if you want to speed run or get good lap times I suppose but I never bothered with it. You can collect extra lives by doing pickups and by gathering X amounts of the golden rings, and you lose all of them if you get hurt (with a chance of getting most of them back). But yes, essentially you just need to get to the end of the level, and part 2 or maybe 3 in the later games (?) has a boss, not the first level. Each world has 2-3 levels iirc, though I think Sonic 1 only had 2 per world. You can absolutely beat the game without the emeralds, they only make it slightly easier since you become invincible I think. I don't remember exactly what they do in Sonic 1 but Sonic turns into Super Sonic if you get them in the later games. I bet the emerald levels will be a cake walk nowadays though.

Is "Breaking the game" considered cheating, even if you don't use any exploit or glitch, only the tools the game makes available to you?.

The game in question is Bravely Default. While it is not in the level of Final Fantasy VI were not only you are overpowered and can make absurd combinations of skills and gear, but there are glitches like invisibility + vanish that can kill any boss. It gets pretty close.

Once you have a few skills and decide to try them, there are many legit ways of breaking the balance and steamroll. Since the game can be quite abusive in terms of difficulty and there doesn't seem to be a middle point, is it ok to tilt the balance in your favour, or is it cheating?

Okay, this always bugged me.

Why didn't Sony release a portable PS that plays PS1 and PS2 games on the go when the time was right, and if it did (I mean if the PSP actually had this as a feature), why wasn't that thing a smashing hit that shattered sale records?

Why didn't Sony release a portable PS that plays PS1 and PS2 games on the go when the time was right, and if it did (I mean if the PSP actually had this as a feature), why wasn't that thing a smashing hit that shattered sale records?
What time would that be?
How would you play the games, download only?
I don't see what would make that such a success.

//DEVIL//

because you have to buy your ps1 games again to play them on a psp. and many many many many PS1 games aged like shit outside of RPGs

there is also the memory card that owned by Sony, they were very expensive during the PSP days to buy big memory for your PS1 RPGs on the go.

in other words. Sony killed any hype for it

sasliquid

In the new wolfenstein will all the Nazis have faux German accents? I don't want to see anymore footage but I'd like to be able to fight true American nazis

Rookhelm

For PS4,

Say I bought a disc game, installed it, played it, got trophies, whatever.

Say I'd rather have it on digital, if I re-buy the game digital from the Playstation Store, can I then play without the disc? Do I have to uninstall/reinstall, update, etc?

For PS4,

Say I'd rather have it on digital, if I re-buy the game digital from the Playstation Store, can I then play without the disc? Do I have to uninstall/reinstall, update, etc?

i think you still need to download the game

What app or website does GAF use to track and catalogue their game collection? This may or may not have deserved a thread of its own but I don't have sufficient privileges quite yet.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
For PS4,

i think you still need to download the game
Correct. Digital and physical have different installs on PS4, but save games carry across.

Toe-Knee

Correct. Digital and physical have different installs on PS4, but save games carry across.

But oddly enough if you have digital then get physical it just pops up a notice saying it will use the disc licence instead.

I had this happen after playing the full game trial of the surge then bought it physically. No reinstall or anything just bored straight up once I said yes.

Top Bottom