• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's DELAYED Japanese magazine thread. (R-Type Tactics, Exit 360, etc)

duckroll

Okay, here's what we know so far:

- R-Type Tactics PSP
- Exit Xbox360 (XBLA?)
- Bladestorm PS3 in August, Xbox360 in 2007
- Gyakuten 3 DS in Japan on 28th Aug

More to come.

JohnTV wants one thread per week, not a gazillion threads. Feel free to merge the R-Type Tactics thread into this one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
duckroll said:

- R-Type Tactics PSP
- Exit Xbox360 (XBLA?)

More to come.

JohnTV wants one thread per week, not a gazillion threads. Feel free to merge the R-Type Tactics thread into this one.

Good luck trying to kill a Drinky Crow thread.

cvxfreak

Would a *tumbleweed* be appropriate here? :eek:

Nevermind! Gyakuten 3 in Japan this August! :D

Better have English so I can play it on my way to Japan. :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
This is even more disappointing then the Media Summit Thread.

Mrbob

duckroll said:

- R-Type Tactics PSP
- Exit Xbox360 (XBLA?)
- Bladestorm PS3 in Japan August, PS3/Xbox360 USA release later in 2007

More to come.

Fixed. :)

john tv

I'll make an exception for R-TYPE TACTICS because it's...R-TYPE TACTICS.

But otherwise, yes, let's keep it to one thread please. :) Thanks duck!

camineet

Banned
R-Type Tactics? R-TYPE TACTICS? are you F'ing kidding me?

so R-Type Final, not so final afterall.

but why couldn't this have been....oh I dunno...
Nectaris *or* an R-Type shmup
instead?

well RT does look intriguing.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
duckroll said:

- R-Type Tactics PSP
- Exit Xbox360 (XBLA?)
- Bladestorm PS3 in August, Xbox360 in 2007

More to come.

That means that it will be released at best 1 week before the USA or at worst a month before the USA.

It better not have english.

Bebpo

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
The last thing I want is to have them gobble up Domestic sales again like last time.

I doubt more than the few hardcore internet knowledgable gamers bought the import. I don't think it affected the US sales.

Hcoregamer00

Bebpo said:
I doubt more than the few hardcore internet knowledgable gamers bought the import. I don't think it affected the US sales.

For a smaller "niche" title even a couple of sales mean a lot in the long haul.

You don't get any more niche than the Ace Attorney franchise.

duckroll

Hcoregamer00 said:
The last thing I want is to have them gobble up Domestic sales again like last time.

Okay then, I hope all US versions of JP games are screwed up in some way or other from now on so they don't gobble up domestic sales for being cheaper. Hooray!

Hcoregamer00

duckroll said:

Okay then, I hope all US versions of JP games are screwed up in some way or other from now on so they don't gobble up domestic sales for being cheaper. Hooray!

That's the spirit!! :D

llTll

Banned
Q question. what happened to WE 11 ???

wasnt supposed to be out by Wed in japan [ already? ]

i want to see some next gen WE :(

lupin23rd

llTll said:
Q question. what happened to WE 11 ???

wasnt supposed to be out by Wed in japan [ already? ]

i want to see some next gen WE :(

I believe Konami is unveiling WE11 on JUNE 23rd at the World Hobby Fair. Hopefully we will see a lot on WE11 and other games (although I wonder if we will see the new online / in print before the show).

Waiting for some new Bladestorm shots! :)

m

cvxfreak

cartman414 said:
Will GS 3 DS be a budget release out of the gate?

Would make sense, unless they added a new case to tie it into GS4 better, which isn't totally out of the question, but it doesn't sound likely.

llTll

Banned
lupin23rd said:
I believe Konami is unveiling WE11 on JUNE 23rd at the World Hobby Fair. Hopefully we will see a lot on WE11 and other games (although I wonder if we will see the new online / in print before the show).

Waiting for some new Bladestorm shots! :)

m

wasnt there a thread about mag showing early screen shots of WE on the 23rd of this month??

or is it next month?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ShockingAlberto said:
GS3 already had five cases. An extra episode would be overkill.
I thought there was supposed to be when it was initially announced for a DS port?

Jonnyram

Looks like Famitsu are really clamping down on the leaks this week.
Neko ga Gotoku got shut down early in the afternoon, and syoboonline had to remove the info too. Soutahouse, cleverly, never states more than the game titles, so appears to be avoiding trouble. The usual suspects have also not turned up with scans yet :O

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Neko ga Gotoku got shut down early in the afternoon, and syoboonline had to remove the info too. Soutahouse, cleverly, never states more than the game titles, so appears to be avoiding trouble. The usual suspects have also not turned up with scans yet :O

Syobo had the notice up while they still listed all the news on the left column though. :lol

Yeah in general it's looking bad, maybe we should be afraid of starting these threads too!

Jonnyram said:
Oh no, Famitsu day moving to Friday? Damn.

Well, scores, no RE4 Wii as expected:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2, Sammy): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)
Simple DS Series Vol.15: The Kanshikikan 2 - Aratanaru 8-tsu no Jiken wo Touch seyo (NDS, D3): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
New Zealand Story DS (NDS, Cyberfront): 7 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (27/40)
Panic Palette (PS2, Takuyo): 6 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (23/40)
Simple 2000 Vol. 118 The Ochimusya - Doemu Samurai Toujou (PS2, D3): 6 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (23/40)
Kiruto: Anata to Tsumugu Yume to Koi no Dress (PS2, Nine's Fox): 6 / 5 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)
River Ride Adventure featuring Salomon (PS2, Red): 5 / 3 / 5 / 3 - (16/49)

john tv

Jeez, Guilty Gear is worse than Madden. This is what, the 15th version of the same damn game? Same problem as with all the Square remakes -- as long as suckers keep buying 'em, they'll keep on rehashing 'em. :p

duckroll

john tv said:
Jeez, Guilty Gear is worse than Madden. This is what, the 15th version of the same damn game? Same problem as with all the Square remakes -- as long as suckers keep buying 'em, they'll keep on rehashing 'em. :p

Well, to be fair, no one is really buying the home ports anymore. They do pretty badly. The reason they keep retuning the game is because it's pretty big in arcades, and the home ports are just extra gravy in their accounts. :lol

cvxfreak

john tv said:

They can stop after FFIV, kthxbye.

Mmm, another 5/31 release not reviewed is Minna no Golf Vol1 for PSP. The major SCEJ screw up I've seen...I don't know what the hell are they thinking but there are two version:
6000Y for the game (#24 in the Amazon PSP top...wow, won't even look in the all formats chart)
10000Y for the game and gps (just #11 at amazon PSP top!)

And its not even being reviewed so it has to be a port of the only one that hit PSP? The one that costs less than 3000Y right now?

And it seems they haven't had enough and there will be a Vol2 costing the same as above.

wow SCEJ, way to support PSP. Its like they want to turn all their consoles into 4 digit selling consoles and all their franchises into 5 digit selling franchises.

Acosta

duckroll said:
Syobo had the notice up while they still listed all the news on the left column though. :lol

Yeah in general it's looking bad, maybe we should be afraid of starting these threads too!

I would be happy just seeing the scans Friday when the mag is released (I think it was Friday, correct me if wrong), hope that doesn´t stop because is the only way I know to check that material.

I would subscribe to Famitsu myself, but I think is not possible at all outside of Japan.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
john tv said:

Yeah, and Accent Core doesn't even have new characters. It's just tweaks n' tuning and the like. There are new backgrounds and rerecorded voices, so YIPEEE!!! Or not.

I'm still going to buy it anyway.

I would have much rather have seen AC seen release on the PS3 or 360 with online play. Instead it will be headed to the Wii soon with a dumb control scheme. Please stop now, Arc. Please.

neo2046

except Nomura denies the rumor of PS3 FF7 remake himself
(interview posted at Neko ga Gotoku page earlier )
not too much info this week
if anyone knows Japanese and still wants some details about this week's Famitsu
you can click the links below

http://ex22.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1179890367/6
http://ex22.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1179890367/8n-11
http://ex22.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1179890367/16
http://ex22.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1179890367/178

and the only scans I can find
ar tonelico 2

mabuza

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Mmm, another 5/31 release not reviewed is Minna no Golf Vol1 for PSP. The major SCEJ screw up I've seen...I don't know what the hell are they thinking but there are two version:
6000Y for the game (#24 in the Amazon PSP top...wow, won't even look in the all formats chart)
10000Y for the game and gps (just #11 at amazon PSP top!)

And its not even being reviewed so it has to be a port of the only one that hit PSP? The one that costs less than 3000Y right now?

And it seems they haven't had enough and there will be a Vol2 costing the same as above.

wow SCEJ, way to support PSP. Its like they want to turn all their consoles into 4 digit selling consoles and all their franchises into 5 digit selling franchises.
i thought amazon charts didnt mean much? i swore i saw rainbow six vegas in the top 5 in the charts:lol

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
And neo saves the thread! (kind of) :D

Nah, there's nothing new there at all. Unless you wanna hear Nomura say "Hey guys, Advent Children Complete is delayed because honestly, the business side told us that the Blu-Ray market sucks balls at the moment..." which he did.

Top Bottom