• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's DELAYED Japanese magazine thread. (R-Type Tactics, Exit 360, etc)

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Sho Nuff said:
I REALLY HATE STAIRS!
I NEED TO WORK OUT MORE!
I'M SO FIT AND GOOOOOOOOOD LOOKING!
:D
You'd think he would get fit for the sequel, but nooo, he's too busy gulping down coffee and donuts.

mabuza said:
i thought amazon charts didnt mean much? i swore i saw rainbow six vegas in the top 5 in the charts:lol
They don't as in you can see niche games making it to the top but if you don't see a game at all a week before its release, that game is going to bomb big time. Probably very deserved in this case.

I hope SCEJ notices they ****ed up, cancels Vol2 and releases Minna no Golf Portable 2 and Minna no Tennis Portable, each for 3800Y with infrastructure support, and soon. Then they will deserve success :)

This is the worst weekly Japanese news thread ever.

Raki5point5.gif

STG!

New Zealand Story DS? What what WHAT?! I didn't hear about this! Anyone have any impressions on this? (is it a remake?)

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Nah, there's nothing new there at all. Unless you wanna hear Nomura say "Hey guys, Advent Children Complete is delayed because honestly, the business side told us that the Blu-Ray market sucks balls at the moment..." which he did.

Where's that gif with the struggling smiley. :lol

bluemax

Banned
Wow that FFCC screen shot looks nothing like the GCN game. Looks a lot more like a traditional RPG this time around, although hard to tell from a town.

Nolan.

When the heck are we going to hear more on Cry-On iv'e been waiting ever since that small shot of the changed art to get some new stuff.

Quazar

Nolan. said:
When the heck are we going to hear more on Cry-On iv'e been waiting ever since that small shot of the changed art to get some new stuff.

More like, when we going to hear anything about any big JP 360 game. I dont recall any new news in months.

Scan translated:
http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1180031132&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&

STORY
Just a couple of months after Link and Tetra's pirates set sail to find a new land, Tetra discovers a suspicious ghost ship and boards it all alone. Then she finds herself in trouble and she can't leave the ship. Link tries to rescue Tetra, but he falls to the sea and faints. When he wakes up, he finds himself in an unknown island (Shiwan saved him). While looking for clues to find the ghost ship, Link unexpectedly meets Lineback, who's after the treasure of the ghost ship. Since both are looking for the ghost ship, they decide to join forces.

There's also a prophecy that worries a certain fortune-teller: "An evil darkness... A huge ocean... And the voice of a sacred light."

GAME MECHANICS
The player will follow these steps to advance in the game:
1) Explore the underground temple
2) Find a new sea chart
3) Go to a new island
4) Beat the monsters on the island and get some sand of time
5) Continue to explore the temple and repeat steps 2-5
6) Find the ghost ship?

When you enter the cursed underground temple, the time left before Link starts to lose his strength will appear on the upper-left corner of the upper screen.

The sea charts you find in the temple will allow you to sail new waters, and the deeper the charts are in the temple, the farther you'll be able to sail to and discover new islands.

In the islands, you'll look for clues about the ghost ship, solve puzzles, explore dungeons, get new items, and beat monsters.

CONTROLS
If you touch with the stylus a point far from Link, he'll run there (and he'll jump automatically if needed), whereas if you touch a near spot, he'll walk there.

Touching the arrows that appear on the screen will make Link move objects in that direction.

Link has three different sword attacks, depending on the way you move the stylus.

Edit: The "Gerudo" is the Fortune Teller.

Quazar

Blimblim said:
We got some new Lost Odyssey images a few weeks ago.

True. But details, new details man! The only real news from JP games on 360 came from recent gamasutra interview. Go break the scoop on IU Blim, thx. :)

LR is looking good, just picked up Game Informer as well. Cant wait to see what it looks like/plays in 08.

Dascu

StephaneC said:
The Last Remnant (new screens)
Nice screens, but does anyone else find the Batman references peculiar? I mean, in the first scan he's wearing a mask like Batman, the second one has half a Batsignal on the top-right and the third one has a giant bat-like creature in front of an oval light, much like the Batman emblem.

Also, thanks for the info TSA. Sounds very interesting. The process of gradually exploring a main dungeon and sailing to other islands to find new items and Hourglass Sand is a very cool change to the classic system. I just hope Aonuma can pull it off well without it getting tedious or boring.

Nolan.

Blimblim said:
We got some new Lost Odyssey images a few weeks ago.
I think it was only 1 with some new info, unless it was that magaine one with Kaim on the ship. Anyway i'm desperate to see what they've don with Cry-on...and IU.

Dascu

Nolan. said:
I think it was only 1 with some new info, unless it was that magaine one with Kaim on the ship. Anyway i'm desperate to see what they've don with Cry-on...and IU.

What about ASH? :(

Nolan.

Dascu said:
What about ASH? :(
Completely forgot about that. And for some reason the last remnant's story kinda reminded me of it then I forgot again. I wonder if they dropped it, or moved to another platform.

Quazar

Nolan. said:
Completely forgot about that. And for some reason the last remnant's story kinda reminded me of it then I forgot again. I wonder if they dropped it, or moved to another platform.

I doubt they dropped it or even switched platforms. Is MW themselves actually doing ASH? Or did they outsource it as well?

CrisKre

Ash is still scheduled for DS. Its published by nintendo and its supposed to be one of the big games of the year.

jarrod

Banned
Quazar said:
I doubt they dropped it or even switched platforms. Is MW themselves actually doing ASH? Or did they outsource it as well?
Cry-On = Mistwalker + cavia

ASH = Mistwalker alone (as far as we know)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
TSA said:
GAME MECHANICS
The player will follow these steps to advance in the game:
1) Explore the underground temple
2) Find a new sea chart
3) Go to a new island
4) Beat the monsters on the island and get some sand of time
5) Continue to explore the temple and repeat steps 2-5
6) Find the ghost ship?
7) ?????????