• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's delicious JP mag news

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
neo2046 said:
Soul Calibur Legends
Wii / Bandai Namco / Action Adventure

Meet the SC characters and fight with the Wiimote

That sounds....kinda cool.

*Note: I said Kinda, not Really Cool like FF: Crisis Core or Ouendan 2.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There is slowdown in GG, if you have a lot of the bigger units on screen at once.

Also, let's hope OS allows HDloader usage.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
neo2046 said:
it seems the WFC function has been cancelled
only remains Wireless Co-op play now ..........
Hopefully the single-player is up to the usual par then, it sounds like they are making it more and more like a traditional DQ... without random battles.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
DefectiveReject said:
How can Zelda be in it AGAIN?
When she was never in it in the first place?

Maybe you aren't super hardcore and haven't played the game for 1000 hours to unlock the secret characters.

Like Sonic :lol

neo2046

FF12 International
FF4 3D DS
SC Legends Wii
as someone suspects, I can says all is real
don't be worried

and both SC Legends Wii and Temco's new feeling Action game
also sound like Soul Calibur Swords and Ninja Gaiden Swords / Rygar Swords to me

cvxfreak

neo2046 said:
FF12 International
FF4 3D DS
SC Legends Wii
don't be worried

also sound like Soul Calibur Swords and Ninja Gaiden Swords / Rygar Swords to me

neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Unless they go in a deeper direction, that's lame. Thought the SC game would be like a full fledged version of that mode in SCIII. Don't want a bunch of sword slashing games. :\

An SC action game would have been better placed on ps3/360...the series has very nice character designs....it has potential, but this game most likley wont amount to much

peace

Tailzo

I don't understand how anyone would pay full rpice for a sound novel on ps3. If a sound novel is what I think it is.

neo2046

just the logo in the mag, no screens yet

SC Legends Wii
190670804420070509093511.jpg

nelsonroyale said:
An SC action game would have been better placed on ps3/360...the series has very nice character designs....it has potential, but this game most likley wont amount to much

peace
SC sold very well on GC
and Wii is becoming the dominant platform, hence why its on there.
And whether it amounts to much or not its a SC game on Wii.

neo2046 said:
FF12 International
FF4 3D DS
SC Legends Wii
don't be worried

Is that for 360?

pswii60

DefectiveReject said:
SC sold very well on GC
and Wii is becoming the dominant platform, hence why its on there.
And whether it amounts to much or not its a SC game on Wii.

True but this is Soul Calibur Legends, not Soul Calibur 4.

I expect Wii to be the ultimate spin-off machine - and to be fair that makes sense given that the non-traditional controls will change the concept of the game somewhat.

But it'll be interesting to see if we get to a point where the spin-offs are better than the main series. This was definitely the case with Sonic and the Secret Rings.

W00T! a Zelda style game, based in the Soul Calibur universe, with the Soul Calibur fighting system, with Wiimote controls!!! :D :D :D

AWESOME!!! Hopefully it'll be developed in house and not outsourced, Namco would be stupid to waste such an opportunity! GOTY for certain if it delivers!

icecream

Public Health Threat
Tailzo said:
I don't understand how anyone would pay full rpice for a sound novel on ps3. If a sound novel is what I think it is.
You should ask those visual novel people how they can get away with $80 per game.

neo2046 said:
Konami's Pawafuru Baseball
special Wiimote mode for Wii version

Thanks Neo. I reckon this one could sell nicely in Japan.

Can't wait to hear and see more about Soul Calibur Legends. That's one of far too few megatons for wii in the past two months.

DefectiveReject said:
How can Zelda be in it AGAIN?
When she was never in it in the first place?

How about both Link and Zelda? :)

Would it be the transforming OoT-style Zelda from SSBM, though, or a new one based off of the TP Zelda design (to actually give a use to those weapons and magic they designed for her and then never had her really use)... or TP style Zelda, but with the Shiek transformation too?

Really though, I don't know if they're going to put any Nintendo characters in the game. After all, when they were making Soul Calibur III they said something about the special characters thing being a one-time deal, I believe (though of course with that game's relative failure, maybe their minds were changed). It would be cool though... Link was awesome in Soul Calibur II.

As for the Wii Soul Calibur game itself, hopefully it's good news...

FF4 3D DS

I know it's been said many times, but I don't think "cash-in" has ever been more appropriate...

Damn hell...FFXII International, FF4 DS, Dissidia is a fighting game then....buuu, I don't like any of those 3 news.

Soul Calibur Legends....another 'swords' spinoff for Wii. I wonder if they are planning that for Wii and Soul Calibur 4 for 360/PS3. I don't like fighting games (besides a little Tekken 3) but I'd like to know what is Namco doing with their other franchises to know what they are probably doing with Tales.

No.1

^ Final Fantasy IV DS? I agree.

By the way, which magazine confirmed FFIV DS and FFXII International?

Foil

Nuclear Muffin said:
W00T! a Zelda style game, based in the Soul Calibur universe, with the Soul Calibur fighting system, with Wiimote controls!!! :D :D :D

AWESOME!!! Hopefully it'll be developed in house and not outsourced, Namco would be stupid to waste such an opportunity! GOTY for certain if it delivers!

Alkaliine said:
Thanks Neo. I reckon this one could sell nicely in Japan.

Can't wait to hear and see more about Soul Calibur Legends. That's one of far too few megatons for wii in the past two months.

Good lord...

Top Bottom